Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

23 Tennis shoe is in the house

1716484798754.jpeg

Ain't making no money my ass.

Example of their logic from a Farmers perspective:
I knew a sweet corn grower from Homestead Fla., one year he made $15,000,000.00 on sweet corn. The next year he made $7,500,000.00. To hear him tell it he lost 7,500,000.00 that year.

Yeah … we’re losing money …

...so even if a guy like Jordan was "losing" $10 million on the "racing team" that means nothing. They are just spending revenue to build assets that in the long run will pay big "dividends."
To put it in perspective, if just Jordan (worth $3.2B) was the sole owner of 23XI, not even considering Hamlin's stake, and he lost $10 million in one year that would be the equivalent of someone who has a net worth of $500,000 losing about $1,500 in a year. But who would definitely be increasing his overall valuation.

I am not saying that all race team owners out there are not hurting financially, but you will never convince me otherwise that the mega Cup level teams are scrapped for cash. Likewise, the France family as sole owners of NASCAR are doing just fine as well. That is what I find quite entertaining about the RTA/NASCAR profit sharing discussions.

I withhold opinions until I see how it races. I assume Charlotte has already had someone test this. If it reeks, they can always return to the previous circuit.

I did think the old turns 6, 7, and 8 made for good racing. 6 was a semi-blind leftie that crested a knoll in the infield most of us didn't know was there until the drivers went up it. Coming off 7 was where drivers set up their passes for the left-hand back onto the oval. There were a lot of great passes made there. And the front chicane made its reputation with the first race and hasn't lost anything since.

So I'll see how this layout does in October. I haven't missed a Charlotte Roval yet.

I would like to see an aerial photo of turn 15,16 and 17 changes. It looks squared off on the illustration, it would be nice if it was that way. They have too much speed thru there as it is. That will make a good rubbin is racing corner. Love the new hairpin after the sweeper turn 7. Killer braking zone there.

New line of Chase Elliot, Jeff Gordon, and HMS sneakers by Goodyear Footwear.

Reactions: Pat
New line of Chase Elliot, Jeff Gordon, and HMS sneakers by Goodyear Footwear.
Interesting. I haven't seen driver footwear since Adidas sold JRM shoes. Yes I have a pair. I'm thinking these will sell well.

A little bit of a story behind this banner....

In January of 1995, my dad took my brother and me to the Columbus International Auto Show, which was a yearly tradition when we were growing up. Chevrolet had their new Monte Carlo on display, and they had some rep up on the stage with a mic, hyping up the new car and it's return to NASCAR. There was quite a crowd, and he was giving away merch to anyone who correctly answered his trivia questions. Well, one of his questions was about the 1994 NASCAR season (I don't remember the question lol) but my eight-year-old self raised my hand and answered the question correctly. I was surprised the guy picked me, and I think he was even more surprised that some little kid actually knew the answer.

So, I received this cool Monte Carlo banner, and my older brother (who was a huge Earnhardt fan) was super pissed that he didn't get it.......

20240612-000318.jpg

Back
Top Bottom