Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Sounds like Harvick (and others) made a good impression on Bubba. Hope it sticks.

Racing at Richmond has been god-awful of late so they needed to do something. Not sure this will help much.
I think Goodyear has run on to something by adding thicker rubber that makes for both added grip and faster wear. I noticed it at Chicago and Pocono, tires made a bit of difference, and very very few were only going with two tires and the ones that did dropped like a rock.

Suarez racing in Brazil (copied from NASCAR Brazil Facebook and translated from Portuguese so that may be why grammar is odd)

NASCAR announced today that NASCAR Cup Series driver Daniel Suárez will plan to compete in the NASCAR Brasil Series’ Special Edition, a tournament parallel to the national competition, behind the wheel of a Chevrolet Camaro at Autódromo José Carlos Pace, better known as Interlagos, the weekend of August 2-4.

While the world looks on to Paris for the 2024 Olympic Summer Games, Suárez will participate in another international competition. The Monterrey, Mexico native, who will already be in Brazil to celebrate his wedding day with fiancée Julia Piquet, will make the stop in São Paulo before his return to the United States for a couple of days of racing action at the world-renowned racing circuit.

📸 Getty Imagens/NASCAR

#NASCARBrasil #NASCAR #nascarbrasilseries #danielsuarez #specialedition #interlagos

Suarez racing in Brazil (copied from NASCAR Brazil Facebook and translated from Portuguese so that may be why grammar is odd)

NASCAR announced today that NASCAR Cup Series driver Daniel Suárez will plan to compete in the NASCAR Brasil Series’ Special Edition, a tournament parallel to the national competition, behind the wheel of a Chevrolet Camaro at Autódromo José Carlos Pace, better known as Interlagos, the weekend of August 2-4.

While the world looks on to Paris for the 2024 Olympic Summer Games, Suárez will participate in another international competition. The Monterrey, Mexico native, who will already be in Brazil to celebrate his wedding day with fiancée Julia Piquet, will make the stop in São Paulo before his return to the United States for a couple of days of racing action at the world-renowned racing circuit.

📸 Getty Imagens/NASCAR

#NASCARBrasil #NASCAR #nascarbrasilseries #danielsuarez #specialedition #interlagos
Isn't another Piquet daughter married to Max Verstappen? Kinda funny to think of Suarez and Verstappen hanging out at Christmas in the corner drinking Miller Lite while the Lakers game is on.

I think Goodyear has run on to something by adding thicker rubber that makes for both added grip and faster wear. I noticed it at Chicago and Pocono, tires made a bit of difference, and very very few were only going with two tires and the ones that did dropped like a rock.
Well I hope it works. Richmond is a classic track and used to be one of my favorite races but it has really suffered with this new car and it's short-track woes. I have been to Richmond twice - Once for the spring race in 2016 which was a blast and then again for the spring race in 2023 that that was painful to sit through.

Stopped at the International Motorsports Hall of Fame this afternoon while working in the area. Actually, a good amount of stuff has changed since I was there about 15 years ago.

fca3a722c71967db8eb330f0fcfeffed.jpg
0333261921def03766627216f97bd0db.jpg
59fa6df7027f3845813fa8c6ac1b609c.jpg
2b5b75268828c4af4fd3da35ade4d725.jpg
33e5748d19a51284747337752ffaf744.jpg
a5b03b92f8e7f8df02f968d8e5796863.jpg
9b993f4f0d3900f3f694330ed20e36bf.jpg
2e0b0f83b8f278c7806f2d28d719af1f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Stopped at the International Motorsports Hall of Fame this afternoon while working in the area. Actually, a good amount of stuff has changed since I was there about 15 years ago.

fca3a722c71967db8eb330f0fcfeffed.jpg
0333261921def03766627216f97bd0db.jpg
59fa6df7027f3845813fa8c6ac1b609c.jpg
2b5b75268828c4af4fd3da35ade4d725.jpg
33e5748d19a51284747337752ffaf744.jpg
a5b03b92f8e7f8df02f968d8e5796863.jpg
9b993f4f0d3900f3f694330ed20e36bf.jpg
2e0b0f83b8f278c7806f2d28d719af1f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Damn....wish I had checked that out when I was in the area last fall.

I have a curious question for the members here that might have the answer. @Spotter22

The current Nascar Race Car in the Cup series costs how much race ready sitting on the grid?

How much was the previous Nascar Cup car sitting on the grid ready to race?

I have a curious question for the members here that might have the answer.

The current Nascar Race Car in the Cup series costs how much race ready sitting on the grid?

How much was the previous Nascar Cup car sitting on the grid ready to race?
Why, you thinking about getting in?

It is a fairly simple request, no hidden agenda, just curious as to the cost of the race cars I originally asked about. If no one knows that it's fine also.

Your repeated involvement in my request is a little puzzling, seeing that you don't know the answer.

It is a fairly simple request, no hidden agenda, just curious as to the cost of the race cars I originally asked about. If no one knows that it's fine also.

Your repeated involvement in my request is a little puzzling, seeing that you don't know the answer.
I just read that Denny Hamlin says it cost $18 millon a year to run a car that can compete.

If you use the figures these supply, a Gen 6 car would have cost about $263K in 2024 money, whereas a Nextgen car is over $300K per race ready roller.

Thank you!

I had a feeling the new one was considerably higher than the previous. Plus the spares for the new car are mostly single source suppliers, which makes it a little pricey as well due to lack of competition for parts.

Thank you!
No problem. One side note: while the cars themselves are more expensive, there should be some savings to the teams because they've been able to cut their labor costs and downsize. That said, that also means that the teams laid off a bunch of people. I don't know what anyone made who fabricated the bodies for Cup cars (as an example) but if you figure something like 70K a year in salary + 35% fringe for benefits (I assume they got health/dental?) you're looking at 100K a year in costs you don't have anymore because you're just buying the stuff and putting together the jigsaw puzzle. Of course, there may be other needs for optimizing the car that leads to other people being hired in other roles.

I hope he is enjoying it and it recharges him. I doubt he will ever be a serious regular contender again but NASCAR is better if Rowdy Busch is in the mix more. As much as it sucks having a 2 week break, I wish NASCAR would do this every year and just race until the week before Thanksgiving like they used to. I think it will be good for all the drivers.

Back
Top Bottom