Ranking the 11 Most Intelligent Drivers in NASCAR Today

I can honestly say that I've never concerned myself with the intelligence of the driver behind the wheel. At the same time, I wonder sometimes what they are thinking given certain 'bonehead' moves on the track. I guess the two aren't really related though.

I can honestly say that I've never concerned myself with the intelligence of the driver behind the wheel. At the same time, I wonder sometimes what they are thinking given certain 'bonehead' moves on the track. I guess the two aren't really related though.

Occasionally that will cross my mind but with the drivers being so dependent on spotters and others to help them navigate pit road and through the race I tend to be very forgiving as you are trying to drive, listen to someone, keep an eye on the others and do the right thing in nano seconds. I get more irked when a QB throws a ball to an open receiver at his feet or hits him between the numbers and the receiver drops the ball. JMO.

Number 1: Kyle Busch. Nothing else matters.

So Kyle is the REAL goat, the best role model, defaultly justified, and now the greatest intellect in NASCAR.

Am I missing anything else in regards to this..once in an eternity talent?

Last edited:
So Kyle is the REAL goat, the best role model, defaultly justified, and now the greatest intellect in NASCAR.

Best looking? You didn't mention that. Driver looks are very important to a handful of members here. :oops:

Best looking? You didn't mention that. Driver looks are very important to a handful of members here. :oops:

Yeah. Looking like a horse disqualifies you from everything positive and basically puts the blame for most on your shoulders.

I base that on a lot of arguments I see.

Yeah. Looking like a horse disqualifies you from everything positive and basically puts the blame for most on your shoulders.

I base that on a lot of arguments I see.
Not to mention the posts on here about how Harry Gant was so handsome back in the day, that being a reason to admire him. LMAO. (I admire Gant as a driver, but how pretty he was is not the reason.)

Not to mention the posts on here about how Harry Gant was so handsome back in the day, that being a reason to admire him. LMAO. (I admire Gant as a driver, but how pretty he was is not the reason.)
I've missed those but he was called Handsome Harry...lol. Loved that guy. Awesome sponsor too....best looking green car ever!

This is too objective of a topic to really narrow down the right answer. I'm going to go with driver IQ for my example. In their rookie years, almost everyone thought Jr. was going to pummel Kenseth, but Matt showed maturity beyond his years by taking care of equipment and racing smart. He's still a good driver, but his age is showing. The thing with Logano, and he's involved in a lot more wrecks. He used to be able to salvage an otherwise bad day. I'm definitely not saying Kenseth has the best driver IQ, but he was pretty good back then. I lost all respect for him when he dumped Joey....and I'm not a fan of Beavis Logano.

Yes ....... watch all three Bristol races

Back
Top Bottom