Ranking the 11 Most Intelligent Drivers in NASCAR Today

Obviously but facts are facts winning percentages are facts opinions are opinions. Sometimes people just need to have an unbiased opinion about some things like pure driver Talent seriously Kyle Busch is obviously one of if not the best drivers in the series I obviously feel the exact same way about Kyle as you feel about brad but does that change the reality of the fact that he is an amazing driver no
No.

Wicked Witch of Kannapolis

O97G1_s-200x150.gif

I'm stealing this.

I had no idea Hamlin's percentage was that good, he has quietly had a very good career.

I'm actually very surprised by Logano's ratio and its massive improvement because after '13, he's really transformed himself into one of the best drivers in NASCAR. All it took was a change of scenery.

I'm actually very surprised by Logano's ratio and its massive improvement because after '13, he's really transformed himself into one of the best drivers in NASCAR. All it took was a change of scenery.
Right!? I can't help but wonder why some of these guys stay mediocre where they are rather than risk a move when their contract is up. It could end up being the smartest thing they ever do. Truex and Logano are both prime examples of a move turning a career around.

As far as the most intelligent driver....... (He might not be in a car right now... but still doing obligatory sponsor work)....... Carl Edwards for walking away when he did..... I'd say that was the most intelligent move of the year.

Are any current or former Cup drivers members of Mensa?

Sr, from humble beginnings he became a 7 time champion and a successful business man who built a racing empire.
I have to wonder where DEI would be today.
His wife was the business person. She realized the potential of the Earnhardt name and protects it today. Over zealously at this point mind you.

His wife was the business person. She realized the potential of the Earnhardt name and protects it today. Over zealously at this point mind you.
I feel like that's true in a sense but don't underestimate Sr's common sense, big picture understanding and people skills that built DEI and his business empire, Teresa had the know how to make those visions become reality. Sr got Napa, Pennzoil, Budweiser, Bass Pro, Burger King, SnapOn, AC Delco and others to sponsor his teams. Can't do that without a little people skill and common sense.

Ummm......ahhhhhh.......you know.......I only made it to #11 on the list and knew it was time to stop reading. I am not saying any of the drivers are lacking in the little grey cells but in fairness to them they are not employed for their abilities with quantum physics. I know some highly intelligent people who are not smart enough to deploy an umbrella in a rainstorm and I know others that may not display any of the hallmarks of high intelligence yet they navigate through life successfully.

I feel like that's true in a sense but don't underestimate Sr's common sense, big picture understanding and people skills that built DEI and his business empire, Teresa had the know how to make those visions become reality. Sr got Napa, Pennzoil, Budweiser, Bass Pro, Burger King, SnapOn, AC Delco and others to sponsor his teams. Can't do that without a little people skill and common sense.
When you are a 7 time champ and most popular driver, don't need much in the way of business sense and people skills. Having his endorsement is all those companies needed to write the checks.

When you are a 7 time champ and most popular driver, don't need much in the way of business sense and people skills. Having his endorsement is all those companies needed to write the checks.
ah I disagree with that. DEI was going to be a powerhouse if Daytona didnt happen. You dont get that way without business sense and people skills, he had many good employees that ran the team as well as crew members. I dont think you can attract the best people to work or sponsor you by being an idiot.

It's a big reason I am attracted to Nascar, most of the drivers are sharp. Many stick n ballers can't spell cat if you gave them the c and the t. Painful to listen to. I know they can't help it but it is what it is.

ah I disagree with that. DEI was going to be a powerhouse if Daytona didnt happen. You dont get that way without business sense and people skills, he had many good employees that ran the team as well as crew members. I dont think you can attract the best people to work or sponsor you by being an idiot.
Don't know about powerhouse but they had plate tracks figured out. But that was as much the Eury's as anyone PLUS good people. Probably from GM since GM knew it was in their best interrested for DEI to prevail.
I'm not saying DE was dumb but he wasn't the brightest out there except on how to drive a race car.

You have to be to if you're trying to stay out of a professional assassin's way.

Kurt's one of my fav drivers. That made me laugh out loud. I wonder how much he wishes he'd have taken a pass on the assassin.

I had a uncle that was almost that bad. Give him an engineering problem and he was a whiz.
Had it not been for his secretary, I doubt he would have been as successful as he was.

Goodness knows what I would have done without Janice and later on Tina as those women could run the whole show better than I could but just were not interested in doing so. Some people were surprised at what I paid them but they were key employees that earned every penny and more. I would have been lost without them and their knack for spotting trends and making sure the office was run efficiently was second to none. In business when you have a bunch of males it is essential you have at least one good female present at all times to prevent chaos.

It's a big reason I am attracted to Nascar, most of the drivers are sharp. Many stick n ballers can't spell cat if you gave them the c and the t. Painful to listen to. I know they can't help it but it is what it is.

I certainly respect your opinion but I couldn't be anymore the opposite. How I perceive a driver or athlete's intelligence is not even a teeny tiny reason I watch them do their thing as doing their job well is primary, secondary and tertiary for me. If part of an athlete's job was to participate on Jeopardy or solve complicated math equations I may think differently but when I driver is on track doing a good job or an athlete like Odell Beckham Jr is making circus catches that is all that matters.

Back
Top Bottom