Rate the 2019 Season

Worst year yet. The wrong driver won the championship. Kyle Busch is an asshat and shouldn’t even be driving a golf cart. I’m done with this rigged and scripted sport. And I’m sure many other hundreds of thousands of ex-fans are too. Bye

Worst year yet. The wrong driver won the championship. Kyle Busch is an asshat and shouldn’t even be driving a golf cart. I’m done with this rigged and scripted sport. And I’m sure many other hundreds of thousands of ex-fans are too. Bye .
Peace.

Worst year yet. The wrong driver won the championship. Kyle Busch is an asshat and shouldn’t even be driving a golf cart. I’m done with this rigged and scripted sport. And I’m sure many other hundreds of thousands of ex-fans are too. Bye
Make you sure you delete your account on the way out.

5.5 Superspeedways were very good (best of the decade imo). The high drag aero package drives me nuts, I think the novelty wore thin over time. Short tracks and Road courses were hurt by the aero effects and the longest tracks Pocono, Auto Club, Michigan were hurt by both lack of power/aero.

thread title should be,
5.5 Superspeedways were very good (best of the decade imo). The high drag aero package drives me nuts, I think the novelty wore thin over time. Short tracks and Road courses were hurt by the aero effects and the longest tracks Pocono, Auto Club, Michigan were hurt by both lack of power/aero.
i agree, keep the 19 plate track package,
but use 18 package for the rest

Greatest season ever. This is awesome. Already booked three races next year. Hell yes.

Greatest season ever. This is awesome. Already booked three races next year. Hell yes.
That may just be because your guy won ;)

There are some clear issues to the racing. It in no way invalidates Kyle's title, but improvements are going to happen. When you have a handful of champions in this sport complaining about the racing this season, and your champion who has said the drivers impact is a minimum seems not overly thrilled in victory lane, I think we all have to consider that the racing is broken.

The saving grace is that any of the 4 were good enough to win it all this year... But driver impact to performance is as little as it's been in years, drivers are taking issue with the racing..races are won in practice and on pit road...most people who are looking hard, Kyle included, will tell ya that the racing isn't good this year.

Whether or not people want to rate the season based on the on track product, or the competition,that's on them.

Competitively, I'd give this season an honest 7.5-8.0. In terms of the racing, I've never been so disappointed in an aero package and give it a 1.5. so I give the season an overall 5.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

That may just be because your guy won ;)

Nope....paid the money last week....but I am elated with our Champion of course. I don't know what people are looking for, and frankly I don't care anymore. I love this sport. I do hope that whoever is dissatisfied gets what they are looking for because, I will still love this stuff. Great fun. Complete satisfaction. Love this.

2- most boring season I've seen in a long time. I stopped watching after Kes led 95% of the laps at martinsville.
Congrats to Rowdy nation, but even KB looked bored and unsatisfied with the win.

hasta la vista baby

6....Not the best, but not the worst either. This package is still a WIP. Hopefully Nascar will get the short tracks figured out next year with changes for them.

Pretty disappointing to me all the way around. First off, my team and car brand BADLY under performed yet again, but perhaps more importantly, I thought the racing was pretty mediocre. After the low downforce package (which I was in favor of) flopped, I was pretty excited to try the high downforce package. I felt that it probably helped the speedway somewhat, but a LOT less than I thought it would. 70% of the time, I didn't think the racing actually looked any different. On the other hand, it just seemed to kill the short tracks. For all the effort NASCAR put into trying to get a game 7 moment in the finale, they got a stinkburger deluxe. By the time the sun went down that race was OVER. It seemed like only five cars even showed up to race, and four of them took themselves out of contention. I would have to say that right now I'm just biding time, hoping that the next generation cars can cure some of the ills. One thing is for sure, and I will get slammed for saying this, but whether YOU like them or not, the five-six drivers that have basically been dominating the sport the last few years are NOT moving the needle among those not already solidly attached to those drivers. I'm not saying there is anybody else that WOULD move the needle, but these guys are not. I talked to several different "race fans" this last week about the race today, and more than once got the unsolicited response "Why would I watch, I hate ALL FOUR of those guys?

Pretty disappointing to me all the way around. First off, my team and car brand BADLY under performed yet again, but perhaps more importantly, I thought the racing was pretty mediocre. After the low downforce package (which I was in favor of) flopped, I was pretty excited to try the high downforce package. I felt that it probably helped the speedway somewhat, but a LOT less than I thought it would. 70% of the time, I didn't think the racing actually looked any different. On the other hand, it just seemed to kill the short tracks. For all the effort NASCAR put into trying to get a game 7 moment in the finale, they got a stinkburger deluxe. By the time the sun went down that race was OVER. It seemed like only five cars even showed up to race, and four of them took themselves out of contention. I would have to say that right now I'm just biding time, hoping that the next generation cars can cure some of the ills. One thing is for sure, and I will get slammed for saying this, but whether YOU like them or not, the five-six drivers that have basically been dominating the sport the last few years are NOT moving the needle among those not already solidly attached to those drivers. I'm not saying there is anybody else that WOULD move the needle, but these guys are not. I talked to several different "race fans" this last week about the race today, and more than once got the unsolicited response "Why would I watch, I hate ALL FOUR of those guys?
I genuinely believe the racing is the biggest culprit. Today's issues is that the best teams are the fastest cars EVERY week. This wasn't always the case. If you look at the best team of each season up until the Gen 6 car, there were plenty of races where the best team hardly ran top 5-10 and the race would be dominated by others. Just food for thought, the only time the 48, during his reign, showed THIS kind of season long speed was 2013.. coincidentally, the first year of the Gen 6. Basic statistics of the top teams are way inflated since the Gen 6 car..just like numbers are inflated in the NBA. teams are putting putting up numbers each year that we've only seen twice from 2001-2013. If people want to turn their noses to it, that's on them, but the best race teams have greater advantages now than 10 years ago. It just so happens that Kyle, Harv and Truex are the figureheads of today's racing.

The best drivers from 2001-2013 never put up the top 5, top 10 and laps lead numbers that the best cars of today are.

The best teams will always be the best teams and those teams deserve to win. But fans don't want to see the same driver dominating every race. And that didn't happen prior to the Gen 6, not every race. That's the issue. Kyle, Harv and Truex are the victims of it..so to speak.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

My opinion is different. My driver...Ryan Preece...who I've watched for close to a decade in-person...finally got his big break and made it to the top-tier of oval racing in the world. Because of it I got to watch a season-long points battle for ROY against Daniel hemric. I celebrated top 15's and consistency. Stage points were little victories in themselves...and happened so rare it didn't feel like a "gimmick"...it felt like what NASCAR was shooting for...a little "victory" in a loooong race. Not fun if you're watching the same 5 guys get those points each week, but fun for a mid-pack car to really "earn" those points either with strategy or hard racing.

It really felt good to be watching and totally engaged and have someone to root for again. And it was almost more fun knowing that they had close to a zero chance of winning a race this season. For Preece, a 15th place finish feels like a win, and the 7th he got at Michigan had me jumping up and down, and the 3rd place finish at Talledaga I put myself on speaker with 911 just in case I wasn't gonna make it to the finish :D

As far as the "mainstream" racing...I thought the "bad" races weren't as bad as other posters felt, but also the "great" races didn't feel that great to me. For example I don't think the short track races were so bad we need to change rules again, but I also don't feel like the 1.5 miles track racing is suddenly the new best track group in NASCAR.

Gibbs domination is bad for the sport. Also the difference between the top 10 teams and the bottom 10 teams is simply unchartable. It's not even the same sport for Kyle Bush as it is for Cody Ware. I'd like to see some more parity. Not saying we can get back to the pre-2000 NASCAR where if you were in the top 30 in points you had a shot at winning each week...but I'd like to see some more mid-pack cars run up front for a change. I got to watch Matty D in-person at Bristol and it was amazing. I was rooting so hard for him! I want more of that. Not every week has to be a Cinderella story, but you need some of that magic to keep people interested...not have the same organization win 19 races in a year....

I found the season disappointing as entertainment BUT I am not blaming any of the drivers. In the past I got royally pi$$ed at guys like Gordon who cruised most of the race and admitted it. The stages and points that go with it has changed that and now you have much better racing and strategy being played out which does make it much more interesting. The only thing that needs improvement for this style is a time limit at the end of each stage before going green to line up again AND no pitting for tires EXCEPT under green.
My biggest disappointment in the whole season is the Production. This last race could have been settled with a 20 minute time limit and start the race 4 wide. The TV production is now the show and what happens on the track is a fill in. This could be my last season as a fan/tv watcher.

revisionist history
No, we are comparing racing seasons and quality of equipment.
Gordon's big mouth is one reason the changes had to be made and the fact that JGR kept all their cars at the rear of the field for Daytona. No racing at all.

Gordon's big mouth is one reason the changes had to be made and the fact that JGR kept all their cars at the rear of the field for Daytona. No racing at all.

First off, I think the whole stroking for 75% of the race has been VASTLY overstated. I mostly remember veteran drivers saying just the opposite, that you couldn't hang back any more because SOMEBODY was going to go flat out until they win or blow up, and this was in the late 90's. Look at the huge number of laps Gordon led back then and tell me he was stroking. I will also point out that we have made David Pearson a deity for doing just what everybody says they hate so much. I also contend that if it weren't for the caution and the TV announcers blabbing about it, you wouldn't even notice the difference between pre-stage races and post-stage races unless somebody pointed it out to you.

Well________________Bye.jpg

Lmao Jeff has been retired for 3 seasons and is probably on a Spanish beach right now but he’s a root cause of this season’s problems?

Lets not get your knickers in a bunch bc Keselowski said this was like easy mode on a video game and then wrecked.

10 - For the races I attended live :D
4 - For the CUP series races I watched on TV
6 - For the Exfinity series races
8 - For the Truck series races - Best "RACING" all year :booya:

The cup races got worse later in the year as predicted as teams figured out the package. The racing stats continued to get closer to the three previous packages with sleight increases. I thought the Xfinity and the trucks series got better as the season went on for the most part with the trucks being the most fun to watch. Good to see many of the same drivers coming back in the trucks for another round next year and a complete reload of new faces for KBM.

Not a great year, IMO. Lots of factors for me. NBC made the playoffs tough to enjoy. JGR dominance while my guys (Elliott/Hendrick/Chevrolet) struggled. I'm not a big fan of the new rules package either.

9. Would be a 10 except nothing beats the first year NASCAR became my religion, '89 or '90 it was the Year Derrick Cope won the Daytona 500. And 2015. To watch the little dude break both his legs and then come back and get to the top 20 in points and get 4 wins was phenomenal. The only thing I would change is tires. They have got to get new tires to make a difference in speed. I think that cures all the ails. Bring back the Hoosiers!

Back
Top Bottom