Rate The Cup Race: Auto Club Speedway

4. Boring.

giphy.gif

Boring as hell from start to finish.

Yep, yep, and yep...LOL!

3. Really not much to watch. With this package and a wide open track, only restarts had some competition. Yes every driver is racing, but mostly with themselves trying to find speed. KDB was dominant so kudos to him despite his arrogance.

4...fun restarts but pretty numbing otherwise. I really don't get bothered by the broadcast but holy crap...if I had a dollar every time they said "Kyle Busch" I'd be on a private plane to Martinsville next week.

2. First race since Daytona I've actually took the time to watch

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

6 I liked having Team Penske at the front but this package isn't right for this track.

5.....It was on but I really wasn't watching.
I was glad when I saw 30 to go. And, or course waltrip had to keep telling us just what we could see.

5. Only watched the highlights though wasn't able to watch the race.This package is terrible at a wore out Fontana. I thought it neutered the possibility of multiple lanes from the apron to the wall being used.

I give it Texas, Kansas, Charlotte before I deem this a failure. The only race I thought was halfway better than usual was Las Vegas.

Best part was the 5 wide pre-race lap!

I never really was a fan of the Fontana track. It produced mediocre racing for far too many years. It only more recently produced some memorable races. They can't all be barn burners. Hell, some can't even light the match. This was one of those.

???

I got home, turned on the TV to watch the race from my DVR and what pops up first thing on the TV before I can go to the DVR?, KDB standing in winners circle, I thought, well Crap! Now I know who won, whats the point in watching, I will get the highlights on the Race Hub or Nascar America Monday night.

Doesn't seem to matter though from what I just read about the race, it was a bore fest. Yes sir ain't nothing like a 40 car IROC race week after week.

2. Didn't make it through second stage. I used to be able to sit through even the most boring race so long as it was legitimately racing. I even love watching F1 despite knowing who winner will be before it even starts because I'm truly interested and impressed at that the cars can do.

It's not just the rules package, although that's a big part. It's the entirety of the presentation. I simply miss the coverage in the 80s and 90s. We didn't need a 1-2 hour pre-race. We didn't need reality show story lines. It came on, you got starting lineups and basic info for the weekend, then raced. Camera shots were better, and announcers were on point. I truly miss guys like Ned Jarrett, Bob Jenkins, Benny Parsons... Now you darned kids with your new fangled rock music and soda pop get off my lawn!!!

The same race as last year except 35 mph slower on corner entry, 200 less horsepower, and general less-inspired driving. I could usually see cars step out near my seat out of four. There was only one sideways car all day yesterday.

Unless we just watch this **** for the restarts now, 3.

Dear God you guys really don't like racing yet next week you'll blow your loads about how great of a race Martinsville was.

Really don't see what was so bad about that race. Had great battles through the field and even some good battles for the lead. Plus the show that Kyle Busch put on himself us enough for a 7.

Back
Top Bottom