Rate The Cup Race: Daytona 2

8 it was getting good.

7 Serious answer for sure. I was worried we'd see a parade after seeing the Fords team up during stage 1 but the racing was really good before the weather moved in. I haven't been a big fan of this package and I hate what stage racing has done to the sport but that 50 laps or so before the rain/lighting delay was good racing for sure.

2. Still looks like a plate race, complete with a 'Big One'. Everyone says they love how an underdog can win these things, but let one do so and ....

Good race from start to finish. The winner doesn't change that and I'm not at all bothered by it. I just wish they could have raced the whole thing.

Race: 8
Winner: who?

Good on him I guess. Yeah, it's a joke and he will most likely never get another cup win, but hes got one more than I do. So who am I to say anything lol

8, would have liked to seen it finish out but I enjoyed what I was watching before the delay

9... And it’s thanks to harvick.... and stenhouse’s days of thunder restart.

No one else.

Last edited:
8. All weather BS aside, this is the best superspeedway package NASCAR has had in some time.

7. It was almost a perfect plate race but I can't stand rain endings. Nothing against Haley.

5 Despite some good racing I can't muster more than that for a race that's called for rain. No dig on the winner, I just don't like races that end this way.

2.0 not complete and the lighting crap is...well crap. Where did they come up with this 30 min rule? Quite sure the lightning moves past the 8.0 mile limit faster than 30 minutes when it is recorded at 7.8 miles to begin with and heading away.

It was not coming towards the track. Personally do not care if it takes until next week...finish the race.

NASCAR finally broke the code. Arrange for threat of lightening to occur just before the end of each stage in future races. Generates some legitimate tension.

Don't like the manufacturer-dictated tactics. I understand their motivations, but don't like it. Not sure there is a solution, however.

Not surprised that it was Austin Dillon who triggered the carnage with the exact maneuver that Keselowski was talking about... a bad block that was way too late.

An unfortunate dirty trick from Mother Nature to delay the lightning until the leaders pitted one lap before the green. Nobody's fault, but it's unfortunate. (It did make my 2019 Bold Prediction come true... LOL.)

8.5 I wasn't sure how it would end up going during the day, but it turned out to be a great race. I didn't mind Haley winning, although I was pulling for Kurt.

8 After the manufacturers orders went out the window. Fun watching these fellas on that hot slick track....shame they don’t run there during the day in summer.

6.5 I took a drink every time they said manufacturers and was passed out by the second stage.

Back
Top Bottom