Rate The Cup Race: Indianapolis ( AKA The Brickyard 400)

7 race

Finish 9

Solid race, great ending, exciting duels, and many contenders for the win today. :)

8.5 best brickyard in years....stage racing really helped this race!!! Strategies all over the place. Passing was pretty non existent but other wise it was good. Great finish!

8...should have called a caution when the 3 hit the wall. The debris from that car scattered for a mile and it would have made the race really interesting.

Any race is a ten when it puts Hammy Hamlin in hyper Eeyore mode.

upload_2018-9-10_19-30-32.jpeg

8.5... Excellent race with comers and goers, strategy, and although passing was difficult, it was possible. Passing is also difficult in roadracing, and this race reminds me of roadracing in the corners (as well as pit strategies). And a great finish!

After a same-day comparison, I can say that I much prefer racing at IMS using low downforce rather than the low horsepower / high drag / high downforce style of the Xfinity race. The drivers need to fight for traction in the corners, and work hard to get back to full throttle on corner exit. That is real racing, IMO.

Congrats to Brad, who "blew it" on the last restart at the Brickyard 400 last year by choosing the wrong lane.

Four cautions in the first 50 laps, although I guess I understand the need for competition cautions. Second stage wasn't bad. Pit strategy was the highlight of the last 40 or so.

8 - various comers and goers at the front throughout the race. Something that has been severely lacking in the cup series lately with a lot of races being one car dominating every run

8.5... Excellent race with comers and goers, strategy, and although passing was difficult, it was possible. Passing is also difficult in roadracing, and this race reminds me of roadracing in the corners (as well as pit strategies). And a great finish!

The touch of short track racing made it interesting for sure. Hamlin was trying to block and squeeze for the win, which is what you have to do. I think that Brad leaning a fender on his left side surprised Hammy and got him off his marks.

Missed it. Was busy working on my truck and totally forgot. Anyone know if there will be a rebroadcast and if som where and when?

Missed it too, had to work and I don't have a DVR. I tried to see if MRN was broadcasting on their web site but that didn't work.

Back
Top Bottom