Rate The Cup Race: Phoenix I

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by Johali, Mar 10, 2019.

1. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

7.5 I've seen better races at Phoenix. Not sold on this new start/finish line either, but they've already taken out grandstands.

FLRacingFan likes this.
  2. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Team Owner

3. SlicedBread22

SlicedBread22 #TeamJL

Good race overall

4. Snappy D

Snappy D 2017 Pick Em Champion 2018 Bold Predictor

7. Third stage saved the race, good racing through the field and Blaney vs Busch was real good. Loved watching Kyle reel him in. I’ve seen better races at Phoenix, hope this configuration works out. So far it’s questionable for me.

5. Flyer22

Flyer22 Team Owner

6. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

7. sdj

sdj Just a race fan

For a 40 car IROC race it was pretty good. Looks like it is all about the driver to me, the way the cars are now. ( and I cannot stand this race winner) But he is a hell of a wheel man.

Team Penske likes this.
  8. ahudsonman

ahudsonman Team Owner

9. Revman

Revman Everything is Great!

Due to extreme bias, I abstain.

10. MRM

MRM Team Owner

Another 8 from me.

11. Charlie Spencer

Charlie Spencer Short tracks and road courses rule.

That's never stopped anyone else. ;)

12. JBone88

JBone88 JR Nation's last ride

13. metalgod88

metalgod88 Tire changer

4. I found it extremely boring, being that it's a race at Phoenix. The restarts were great, but 10 laps later, the cars were so spread out, there wasn't much opportunity for passing. Something isn't right when the leader has a 3 second lead over 2nd in 15 laps at a 1 mile track.

The ending was alright, but I wish Truex Jr had a few more laps to get up there and take the win away from Kyle.

sdj, LewTheShoe and FLRacingFan like this.
  14. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

I just wasn't as interested as I feel like I usually am at Phoenix. Pretty ho-hum affair. Not entirely sure why. Disappointing, though.

LewTheShoe likes this.
  15. Mispeedway15

Mispeedway15 Team Owner

7. Phoenix always keeps it interesting but damn there wasn’t a lot of contact, I’d like to see a little more bumping on a track this short

16. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

7 The open package produced similar racing to the high HP low downforce package. Maybe it will work better at the smaller tracks. Kyle and the team of engineers should be happy though

17. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Little over 9100 votes

LewTheShoe and FLRacingFan like this.
  18. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

I see outside of this forum claims of 'Kyle Busch effect' - but comparing directly to last fall's Phoenix race it still falls short of the 83/17 split for a race where Kyle also led a lot of laps and won.

LewTheShoe and Charlie Spencer like this.
  19. blue92

blue92 Team Owner