Rate The Cup Race: Texas II

5 (only because of late restarts and the 4 car)

Repave and re-conifig ruined the racing.

nas-06-00c.jpg

I was thrilled by the best drivers and teams in stock car racing battling this treacherous racetrack and each other. Every week they work on the razor's edge, but often it is less obvious. This week it was clear for all to see, and I loved it. And I appreciated it as a supreme test of driving and racing skill.

Texas is single-groove since the repave, and I would *not* favor a single-groove race every week. And passing was possible, although difficult. It's not supposed to be easy. Just a little more speed from the Penske boys or other challengers would have made it a perfect race.

6 I don't think it can get any more obvious as to why they are trying something radically different next year. 500 miles of driving around in a single groove, drivers complaining about how impossible it is to pass, and the cars going from wrecking loose to find the wall tight when they get close to another car.

I'll give it a 5 because it was such a beautiful day, the race I fell asleep after the 1st stage. 9 for the winner though.

6, enjoyed the late restarts I think we're all stoked for Phoenix.

I enjoyed it..some say it was boring but I don't mind races where a car dominates like that.. the long green flag runs usually just assures the top 5 at the finish are the top 5 fastest cars and having to watch the dominant car fight for it in the end makes it even better.

Back
Top Bottom