Rate The Cup Race: Watkins Glen

10. Chase Elliott took a fast car, and drove it with balls. I respect that performance. Spin away people! Enjoy it!
Thanks! Extremely classy of you. Heck, your boy Busch showed some great class as well. Perfect day.

9. Great race at the front from green to checkers. All the Toyotas were rockets and it took a heck of a drive to beat 'em. Chase earned his win by being better in the Bus Stop every lap. Bravo.

I believe Kyle Larson also got his first win in his 99th start.

Give it a 9, that duel at the end makes sure this was a good one.

That said, if they could have shown at least a little of the #18 working his was through the field then I’d give this one a 10.

sfQQCbb.jpg

9.5, outcome was in doubt till final lap, fuel mileage was in play, hard racing.

78 wasn't going to hand him the win but he damn sure was going to pass him clean, nobody wants to be the guy that dumps NASCAR's most popular driver on his way to his first win. Gotta hand it to Chase, he wheel hopped into turn 1 on the last lap and still managed to hold off the 78.

10 10 10! I Love the Glen! Knew Chase would get one soon, didn't think it'd be here what an amazing battle to the end.

They say Watkins Glen usually produces some of the best racing on the schedule, but today's race was frenetic and ever-eventful, arguably as great as Chicagoland, if not better yet! It was incredible getting to watch two of the smoothest, cleanest, classiest drivers duke it out over who would get the checkered flag, even if it did have slight undertones of a fuel-mileage race. 10 out of 10... out of 10! Wonderful race! Props to Chase for doing everything he needed to do to win, and Martin can take solace in yet another impressive top-five finish. He will win more races before the year is out.

How about Kyle Busch and Denny Hamlin? They also added to the thrill of the race. Kyle looked to have authority over the field, and Denny showed signs of a resurgence, but both of them ultimately suffered the biggest falters on pit road, and while Kyle pushed his way back into third, Denny was nowhere in sight. Great top-fives for Erik Jones and Daniel Suarez! The Youth Group showed up pretty well today.

8 for the race, 9.4 for the finish.
2 for the motor mouths in the booth. They make dw look good.

8.8 :p

Always great seeing a first time winner. Still trying to figure out where the rest of the field went at the end of the race. Craziness I tell ya.

Worst Watkins Glen I can remember, only 2 cars racing for a win. Shame that the 18 got screwed

10 let's get 1/4 of the schedule on road courses so me and a few others can be very happy

It was an exciting race. I think a driver can make a bigger difference on a road course than an oval. I thought Chase might be using up his car early but he managed it well. I have to admit I expected him to make a mistake but he managed to earn the win. I'm always happy when a driver gets their first win. I had to mute the TV during the final laps because I wanted to take it in - the announcers just wouldn't shut up for even a second. I did enjoy the announcers being around the track during the race - it reminded me of radio coverage.

10. This season continues to absolutely deliver

Btw can we start giving Truex credit as the best road racer out, he almost won a third in a row

9 because there were certainly some laps in the middle where things were lackluster and stages have ruined strategy at this track...that said...those final 15 laps?...instant classic...

Back
Top Bottom