Rate the Race: All Star - Texas

This is the greatest NASCAR forum on the planet. Is NASCAR reading any of this?
They're reading the Fan Council survey which presents things like this for questions:

E0Ka-aoWUAAH9hl.jpg

Because it was a flat foot aero no horsepower race.
It was because those races were mostly bore fests with no passing or side by side racing. Nascar has decided to go a different direction. It's been all over but the crying for a couple years now and it doesn't look to change for the future. Win some lose some. :idunno:

They're reading the Fan Council survey which presents things like this for questions:

View attachment 55906
What's embarrassing about this is that this is elementary school level data collecting. A high school student with a basic understanding of the scientific method could see how unreliable the data gathered from such a survey is.

And there are fans who participate. Nascar believes it's fanbase is too stupid to think critically about the fault in racing and probably sees us as the minority.

Reading that survey is an insult to people who think.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

What's embarrassing about this is that this is elementary school level data collecting. A high school student with a basic understanding of the scientific method could see how unreliable the data gathered from such a survey is.

And there are fans who participate. Nascar beleives it's fanbase is too stupid to think critically about the fault in racing and probably sees us as the minority.

Reading that survey is an insult to people who have the capability to think.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
not really

It was because those races were mostly bore fests with no passing or side by side racing. Nascar has decided to go a different direction. It's been all over but the crying for a couple years now and it doesn't look to change for the future. Win some lose some. :idunno:
Ratings don’t seem too high tonight 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm OK with troll. kiss principle applies

I'm not "dunking on" NASCAR (that's the most annoying and played out phrase and I wish people would stop saying it) but nothing about this all star race was good. Look at all the things they did well in the past for the Winston, they have gotten far away from that unfortunately

I'm not "dunking on" NASCAR (that's the most annoying and played out phrase and I wish people would stop saying it) but nothing about this all star race was good. Look at all the things they did well in the past for the Winston, they have gotten far away from that unfortunately
livin in the past bro.

Geesh, what a race to rate. I watched it and had a good time. When they raced there was action. One of my favorites won.
NASCAR, made some bonehead calls, the format was ridiculous. TV coverage flipped out at the end.
Going with a 5.

Getting away from the things that work well isn't "living in the past" at all.

There are a number of things they could/should have done different tonight, but it was doomed from the start being at Texas
so you say and I wonder what a million dollars would buy 20 years ago to what it buys today for example.

so you say and I wonder what a million dollars would buy 20 years ago to what it buys today for example.

The purse has nothing to do with it.

Due to the schedule this year, they were throwing a bone to Texas and stuck giving them the ASR, and they probably knew there wasn't much hope for the race. So they came up with the goofy format to keep it entertaining. But why did they go with the low HP, high DF package? Why didn't they go the other way? Because it's irrelevant, the new car is coming next year and they would have nothing to gain. If they removed the restrictor plate aka "tapered spacer" and went with a small spoiler and soft tires and the racing was great, it would make them look bad for not doing this sooner.

But having this on a Sunday evening was the worst decision of all IMO. There was absolutely nothing "special" feeling about this race. It felt like everyone was just begrudgingly going through the motions.

The purse has nothing to do with it.

Due to the schedule this year, they were throwing a bone to Texas and stuck giving them the ASR, and they probably knew there wasn't much hope for the race. So they came up with the goofy format to keep it entertaining. But why did they go with the low HP, high DF package? Why didn't they go the other way? Because it's irrelevant, the new car is coming next year and they would have nothing to gain. If they removed the restrictor plate aka "tapered spacer" and went with a small spoiler and soft tires and the racing was great, it would make them look bad for not doing this sooner.

But having this on a Sunday evening was the worst decision of all IMO. There was absolutely nothing "special" feeling about this race. It felt like everyone was just begrudgingly going through the motions.
Therin is the key. the place had good attendance. The show was a whole lot more "entertaining" than it has been for years. But some with both feet in the past will probably never be able to see that.

Therin is the key. the place had good attendance. The show was a whole lot more "entertaining" than it has been for years. But some with both feet in the past will probably never be able to see that.

That's fair. Idk what the attendance was, but I'll be impressed by the number all things considered, especially the heat today. And the ASR has been gimmicky and lame for years regardless of the location.

That's fair. Idk what the attendance was, but I'll be impressed by the number all things considered, especially the heat today. And the ASR has been gimmicky and lame for years regardless of the location.
What you call gimmicks are what others call excitement and interesting entertainment. What most of you high horsepower people don't realize is that when that kind of racing was going on ratings were falling like crazy and many fans were leaving the sport. Boring and no passing (excitement) were most of the reasons they said they were leaving.. Brian had his thumb up his ass and until the new/old bunch took over Nascar was going in the dumper. So something had to change and it has been changing every since. Ratings are steady, iinstead of losing teams they are adding them etc, new car is coming that keeps up with current technologies.

What you call gimmicks are what others call excitement and interesting entertainment. What most of you high horsepower people don't realize is that when that kind of racing was going on ratings were falling like crazy and many fans were leaving the sport. Boring and no passing (excitement) were most of the reasons they said they were leaving.. Brian had his thumb up his ass and until the new/old bunch took over Nascar was going in the dumper. So something had to change and it has been changing every since. Ratings are steady, iinstead of losing teams they are adding them etc, new car is coming that keeps up with current technologies.

The "gimmicks" are the all-star stage formats and the underglow last year and the green letter tires they ran a couple years ago. I'm not referring to the rules packages.

But since you brought it up, was 2014 boring? Do you think the low HP package at select races deserves the credit for all of the positive changes NASCAR has seen in recent years?

The "gimmicks" are the all-star stage formats and the underglow last year and the green letter tires they ran a couple years ago. I'm not referring to the rules packages.

But since you brought it up, was 2014 boring? Do you think the low HP package at select races deserves the credit for all of the positive changes NASCAR has seen in recent years?
I think they have listened to the fans. At the slower speeds the higher power setup works. But to get side by side racing on the larger tracks they have to have better downforce for control. I noticed tonight that they weren't getting these crazy wrecking if you blocked runs with the lower HP and IMO the racing was pretty dam good. I doubt if Larson would have been able to pass high in the marbles with 900 HP and no downforce for example. The 2014 I remember is after the restart it would take a lap and they would be spread out single file most of the time, your viewing may differ.

Back
Top Bottom