Rate the Race = Bristol # 2

Solid 8.

Enjoyed it. Watching Jones and Busch battle for the win was pretty intense.

Stage 1 was awesome. It was nice seeing the Kyle's giving it their all. Both are highly respectable drivers.
Stage 2 was kinda quiet, but not bad. Kenseth sneaked in a stage win.
The last hundred or so laps were fantastic. It became the Toyota show :lol2: and KB, EJ, and even Kenseth at one point all displayed great driving skills.

As a side-note, it sure was nice to see KuBu get a top-five in his 600th start. As one of the commentators said, that was a pretty fitting situation for 600. :)

My rating: 9. There were a lot of intense battles throughout the race.

Unfortunately, I missed a little bit of the middle segment.

Hate the winner but damn that was a good race. 9.5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A generous 3.8

Erik Jones looks like the future of NASCAR -- his post-race interview was good for this missed opportunity.

The "racing" was boring circles, and the "coliseum" reference is unfounded with what has become just a noisy pansy-dance...

Attendance looks thin like KyBu's hair, and when they shifted from the Erik Jones storyline to "look at me" Samantha, it was just awful.

I gave the extra .8 for the fans who booed but didn't throw beer cans at KyBu. No need to waste beer on KyBu...

Looked like another boring race on a 1.5 miler tonight -- instead of Bristol. I'm looking for more contact racing on these shorter tracks -- KyBu looked like the only one who wanted to win this race tonight, and he was willing to move others.

8.5 Some pretty good racing. Kyle was strong and the young guns are making the future look pretty bright for Nascar.

I only saw the last 300 laps or so. The last 75 were excellent imo. Bristol could still use more bumping and banging though....

Attendance looks thin like KyBu's hair, and when they shifted from the Erik Jones storyline to "look at me" Samantha, it was just awful.

The attendance deniers are not going to be happy with the remark! ;)

I will go with an 8 but part of that is because I had a delicious corned beef on rye during the race and karma bit BKez again although this week it was early. In all seriousness I thought the race was good but I still miss the Bristol of old where it was racing as it oughta be. I understand that people like the new Bristol better and that is fine with me.

...Attendance looks thin like KyBu's hair...

Mater-McQueen-laugh.gif

The race was an 8. Except for the last 5 laps of the race, I really enjoyed the 50 that lead up to them. Good racing at the front between the 20, the 77, and the 18.

Perfect 5/7

Great action throughout. Kyle Busch is amazing. I'm glad I've been able to watch him since he first came to NASCAR.

A generous 3.8

Erik Jones looks like the future of NASCAR -- his post-race interview was good for this missed opportunity.

The "racing" was boring circles, and the "coliseum" reference is unfounded with what has become just a noisy pansy-dance...

I gave the extra .8 for the fans who booed but didn't throw beer cans at KyBu. No need to waste beer on KyBu...

Looked like another boring race on a 1.5 miler tonight -- instead of Bristol. I'm looking for more contact racing on these shorter tracks -- KyBu looked like the only one who wanted to win this race tonight, and he was willing to move others.
Big Kyle Busch fan huh?

8.5 lots of good racing going on through the field, I wouldnt be opposed to 3 Bristol races a year.

I wouldnt be opposed to 3 Bristol races a year.
7.5. Good hard-nosed racing, but I docked a point because it was mainly a Toyota intramural deal at the front. A badass performance by Erik Jones. The PJ1 Track Bite worked well and made it better.

I would not support more short tracks. They are one third of the schedule, including the mile tracks, and that is about right IMO. More roadraces, not more short tracks.

7.5. Good hard-nosed racing, but I docked a point because it was mainly a Toyota intramural deal at the front. A badass performance by Erik Jones. The PJ1 Track Bite worked well and made it better.

I would not support more short tracks. They are one third of the schedule, including the mile tracks, and that is about right IMO. More roadraces, not more short tracks.

It is interesting how different people view race but I had never considered that having one manufacturer putting on a good show amongst themselves would be considered a negative. I though the stuff that included Jones, Kyle, Denny and Matt was good stuff and it didn't matter to me that they were all sporting Toyota decals anymore than it would have if one was a Packard, another was a Nash followed by Studebaker and a Rover TC 2000. IMO a good show is a good show is dictated by the quality not because of the clothes the stars are wearing.

The negatives I saw last night were the woeful performance turned in by Penske, DP completely falling off the map after showing some brief signs of life and the unused seats were a bummer as people missed a good race.

I was only able to see the last 130 laps. I saw a race between 3 generations of drivers racing for the lead, that was fun to watch. Watching the leaders move through lapped traffic is a skill that is more prominent at a short track. I got a kick out of the cheers and boos when Kyle won the race, as Kyle pointed out "All noise good noise."

I went to bed before half-way. I got up earlier than i usually do on Saturday and was really tired. Plus these cars are boring as **** to watch race. Too low, no springs, stupid splitter, all same engines. it's IROC. That was fun for 6 races a season but this **** is over for me.

A solid 8. The first stage was fantastic, the second not so much. Glad it wasn't a wreck fest like the Brickyard turned into...

Back
Top Bottom