Rate The Race: Chicago

7.5 keeping up with the chase contenders kept me interested, it would have been very boring with the old system.
6.0. A disappointing Toyoyathon, but yeah, there was inherent interest due to the playoff implications. And it was amusing to watch most of the Toyotas self destruct. In fact only Suarez ran a clean race, as Jones spun, Kenseth hit the wall, Truex recovered, Hamlin did not. The 18's pit road performance was definitely worth extra credit... I loved that part after their pit crew switcheroo. Good execution by the 24, 4, 42, 2 to maximize their results.

I agree with several who likened this race to what we saw more often in bygone decades. Fortunately, stinkers are more rare today, but they do still happen from time to time.

I agree with several who likened this race to what we saw more often in bygone decades. Fortunately, stinkers are more rare today, but they do still happen from time to time.

The jury is still out, but I got to give Kez round one. If the Gibbers were't drooling all over themselves, it would have been the 78, 18 show IMO. Kyle wasn't as good at slowing down after he was out front over 7 seconds ahead and gaining when the first stage flag fell. As it was, it reminded me of when Ernie and Bill Elliott were running a Thunderbird a 1/2" narrower than the rest of them.

Back
Top Bottom