Rate The Race: Chicago

OK.Time for a tongue in cheek kinder review.

I love Chicago races and even though it conspires with the laws of physics to produce a spread out affair that makes it hard to pass it is still possible if you are faster and execute well. Chicago is tough and physical and driving skill is rewarded. I would not consider the race spicy but the low downforce aero rules have added to the appeal here.

I realized something last night about the race. It was a time machine race. It was like stepping back and watching NASCAR before the new era of a level playing field. How? More than half the field was lapped at least once. In other words, it was terrible to watch. I hope that the other races don't play out like this one. Boring!

Bull Crap. Toyota was never challenged except on restart by Harvick.
Nice race by Chase though.
All three brands were racing for the lead during the race. There were 3 Toyotas, 3 Fords, and 4 Chevys in the top 10. One team had the dominate car, they happen to drive Toyota.

All three brands were racing for the lead during the race. There were 3 Toyotas, 3 Fords, and 4 Chevys in the top 10. One team had the dominate car, they happen to drive Toyota.
If the second (chevy) car is a lap down and the 3rd car (Ford) is 2 laps down then it must be a fair race cause 3 brands were top 5? When a car can have penalties, drive through the field twice and win by that big a lead, someone has an advantage.

someone has an advantage.

WTF is wrong with an advantage?! Gonna shut her down for the day. This place is absolutely gone. Time to celebrate my win week. OMG.

WTF is wrong with an advantage?! Gonna shut her down for the day. This place is absolutely gone. Time to celebrate my win week. OMG.
Enjoy your week of celebration, I am sure Truex and Toyota will lose no sleep over what is said on this forum.

It was a 50hp advantage and he would have lapped the field twice had the bogus pit road penalty never happened. I'm all for the 1970 style of racing, if they were actually driving the 1950 to 1980 death traps! So either nascar needs to decide if they want parity or run what you brought, but not this crap.

Nascar fans have to be the most fickle lot about as if catch up/bunch up bogus cautions wave people cry foul and if a race is left to play out where one team dominates they cry boring.

I rated the race as a 4 but it had nothing to do with any driver or manufacturer but everything to do with nothing or next to nothing being contested yesterday afternoon. After several drivers shot themselves in the foot everyone seemed to settle in and take what they could get. I am not suggesting that the drivers should have done anything differently but how someone could give an objective rating of 7 or higher is beyond me.

How anybody could give an objective rating of 5 or below is beyond me. But that's my opinion like it or lump it.

How anybody could give an objective rating of 5 or below is beyond me. But that's my opinion like it or lump it.

It is different strokes for different folks as most people saw yesterday's race as completely lacking while some saw it as entertaining and worthwhile. Some people are more easily entertained than others and there is nothing wrong with that.

I realized something last night about the race. It was a time machine race. It was like stepping back and watching NASCAR before the new era of a level playing field. How? More than half the field was lapped at least once. In other words, it was terrible to watch. I hope that the other races don't play out like this one. Boring!
That's kinda how I feel about it, didnt enjoy much, I was more tempted to watch more football, and I see why... that good ol day racing is a little rough around the edges for the way NASCAR has been for so long.

I consider the entire TV experience when I do my rating. I start with a 10 and work backwards.
10 minus 2 for the clown act (Rutledge) = 8
8 - 1 for showing me all the races crashes in the past while I can't watch today's race. =7
7 - 1 for having to listen to Burton = 6
6 - 1 for having to listen to Letart = 5
So the best score is a 5 unless Nascar throws an ambulance on pit road or throws a very late caution because they saw a puff of smoke.

Some people like to rain on everybody else's parade but most don't. It's called
I consider the entire TV experience when I do my rating. I start with a 10 and work backwards.
8 - 1 for showing me all the races crashes in the past while I can't watch today's race. =7
So the best score is a 5 unless Nascar throws an ambulance on pit road or throws a very late caution because they saw a puff of smoke.
I guess that's one way to do it. I just score it by how I feel about the race. Also I use Raceview so I see a lot more side by side, 4 wide and passing that way.

Nascar doesn't allow much content into Canada and what they do allow is taxed like hell by our government.

Some people like to rain on everybody else's parade but most don't. It's called

I guess that's one way to do it. I just score it by how I feel about the race. Also I use Raceview so I see a lot more side by side, 4 wide and passing that way.

The concept of someone raining on my parade is foreign to me as if I am happy about something or if I enjoyed an event I don't give a fig what another person thought about it good or bad. I hope very few people cede their happiness over to how someone else feels or what they say about something.

Like I said earlier I am happy for those such as yourself that enjoyed the race but as I also said I don't see how anyone could have rated it 7 or above. Of course that is only my opinion and someone can like it, lump it or take it down the road and dump it as my opinion doesn't make me right and anyone else wrong by any means.

Race view sounds like a really good tool that has benefited you and your race watching experience. If I watched the races live it is something I would probably look into it and from your description of it IDK why more people who watch live have not availed themselves of it.

Liked how the shrub really dished out the pay back to bk. Oh wait......

Waiting for a barn burner race ............. minus another 5 points

Most sports fans hate winners unless it's their team winning. This is also one of the many reasons sports fans are viewed by non-sports fans as a bunch knuckle dragging mouth breathers.

Most sports fans hate winners unless it's their team winning. This is also one of the many reasons sports fans are viewed by non-sports fans as a bunch knuckle dragging mouth breathers.

I get bored even when it's my guy doing the dominating. I like to watch them have to FIGHT for it.

The concept of someone raining on my parade is foreign to me as if I am happy about something or if I enjoyed an event I don't give a fig what another person thought about it good or bad. I hope very few people cede their happiness over to how someone else feels or what they say about something.

Like I said earlier I am happy for those such as yourself that enjoyed the race but as I also said I don't see how anyone could have rated it 7 or above. Of course that is only my opinion and someone can like it, lump it or take it down the road and dump it as my opinion doesn't make me right and anyone else wrong by any means.

Race view sounds like a really good tool that has benefited you and your race watching experience. If I watched the races live it is something I would probably look into it and from your description of it IDK why more people who watch live have not availed themselves of it.
I didn't quote or reply to you so I don't give a fig, as you so eloquently put it, what you think or do. Trying to get me in a flame war is a waste of time. Have a good day.

I didn't quote or reply to you so I don't give a fig, as you so eloquently put it, what you think or do. Trying to get me in a flame war is a waste of time. Have a good day.

My points still stand that you would have to be an extremely weak person to allow someone to ruin the enjoyment you got watching a program on TV. I hope you are not one of those folks and by golly you have yersef a splendid day as well!

Back
Top Bottom