Rate The Race: Darlington

I am a strong man who is not stopped by the wind too. I was a Latin major lol

I had every intention of watching the race as I recorded it and was going to watch it but I won't have time today or tomorrow so I deleted it. From your description the race sounded similar to a cookie cutter event and that is a let down for Darlington. From the ratings I have seen I am betting I would have given it a 6 and in that case it was a race I could have kept an eye on or skipped.
Fast forward through the first 250 laps or so. There were some good green-flag pit cycles at a track where those are rare. The bottom row definitely ruled on restarts, with the leader usually checking out pretty quick. On the restarts where Harvick wasn't the leader, he would sometimes be able to regain the lead, but those were cases when he shouldn't have been out of the lead in the first place.

Beats a plate race.

I am a strong man who is not stopped by the wind too. I was a Latin major lol
You're not stopped by the wind too? What other things are you not stopped by? Broken wind?

I'm struck by the irony of a language major who says 'lol'.

Latin is a dead language,
Now little used; it's true.
It killed off all the Romans,
And will do the same to you.

Fast forward through the first 250 laps or so. There were some good green-flag pit cycles at a track where those are rare. The bottom row definitely ruled on restarts, with the leader usually checking out pretty quick. On the restarts where Harvick wasn't the leader, he would sometimes be able to regain the lead, but those were cases when he shouldn't have been out of the lead in the first place.

Beats a plate race.

A tooth extraction beats a plate race.........:)

You're not stopped by the wind too? What other things are you not stopped by? Broken wind?

I'm struck by the irony of a language major who says 'lol'.

Latin is a dead language,
Now little used; it's true.
It killed off all the Romans,
And will do the same to you.

I thought I heard Cole Custer mutter quis separabit during his altercation with JHN.

It would probably be better just to throw out the zero entirely and have everyone keep their original ratings.

... love seeing all the throwback and seeing some of those who have made Nascar what it is today. Brought back memories of watching Cale Yarborough, David Pearson, Richard Petty, Bobby Allison, Harry Gant and many other of the legends of Nascar. So good to see them looking back at the past and bringing to light those who gave so much to the sport.
I agree. Ken Squire and Ned and DJ were awkward in the booth during the 500, but it was still fun listening to them. Even better, Squire gave a dynamite interview during one of the Saturday practices. He emphasized the point that the times have changed a lot, but the people of Nascar have not really changed at all. He said drivers still compete with great skill and burning desire to be the best, as do the crew chiefs, the mechanics and tire changers, the owners and race officials, etc. He has great insight and a lot of knowledge. And he gets a few small things wrong, as he always has, but so what? He is a big picture guy, and always has been.

I'll rate the race 8.5. Was surprised at the importance of clean air. The degree of difficulty was off-the-charts sublime. My guy faded in the second half, but at least Harvick did not win.

not funny sad but true. Put two and two together

flying_saucer.gif

10 ...even all the fake debris cautions couldn't ruin that one.

I was totally into the throwback deal. I got to see lots of stories and features where I could remember the old days. The race showed why long races are important, the driver needs to preserve the car and race the track. Seeing old sponsors back on the track was cool. Truex kissed the painted bricks - that says how significant the race is. I did get a kick out of the tie on Truex's fire suit.

I was totally into the throwback deal. I got to see lots of stories and features where I could remember the old days. The race showed why long races are important, the driver needs to preserve the car and race the track. Seeing old sponsors back on the track was cool. Truex kissed the painted bricks - that says how significant the race is. I did get a kick out of the tie on Truex's fire suit.
Fans are participating, too. I saw more than the average number of well-aged T-shirts - Gant / Skoal, Davey / Texaco, Stewart / USAC, Kulwicki / Hooters.

Did anyone notice the front of Biffle's #16 said 'Underbird'?

I give it a 10 for 2 reasons..... the throwback and the fact that it's back to Labor Day weekend where it started and always should have been.....

Mainly because it's back to Labor Day.....

I give it a 7.5. No passing for the lead unless it was somebody that stayed out on tires is why I didn't give it more.

Since I have nothing better to do right this vary moment, I will jump on the bandwagon and change my 8 to a 10

0 another pre race script for number of yellows and who will cause an accident when
Maybe it will be best if you just stop watching NASCAR, from all the posts you make here, its very clear that you do not like or enjoy NASCAR , so why waste your time , life is just too darn short for that nonsense you know ?

Back
Top Bottom