Rate The Race Daytona 500

great to see the woods brothers and this kid in the winner's circle.

this kind of story is the only reason to like the racing at daytona and talladega .

i'll rate the race a

dale-earnhardt-sr-request-31000.jpg

I thought it was great, I give it a 8.5. Lost my two drivers in the typical "big one", but it was still a very entertaining race. My god I have no idea why some of you did not like it. I am beginning to think you guys just like to complain about Nascar no matter how great the racing.

My god I have no idea why some of you did not like it. I am beginning to think you guys just like to complain about Nascar no matter how great the racing.
Are you just now getting that? What I don't understand is why so many complain so loudly about the sport, but yet continue to watch it. But there are those who don't watch much, but just like to gripe about it. And then there are those who want to relive their past and wish things were as they were years ago and just can't move on.

And then there are those who want to relive their past and wish things were as they were years ago and just can't move on.

I think thats where I fall. Give me just one more mid 90's season and I walk away from NASCAR forever.

Are you just now getting that? What I don't understand is why so many complain so loudly about the sport, but yet continue to watch it. But there are those who don't watch much, but just like to gripe about it. And then there are those who want to relive their past and wish things were as they were years ago and just can't move on.

I think it is "the changes." People do not deal well with something they are comfortable with being changed. I have always believed that if you aren't changing you are most likely falling behind.

...My god I have no idea why some of you did not like it. I am beginning to think you guys just like to complain about Nascar no matter how great the racing.

Human nature, I'm certainly guilty of it :D

Reminds me of the old joke:

"the food is terrible here....and such small portions"

;)

I thought it was great, I give it a 8.5. Lost my two drivers in the typical "big one", but it was still a very entertaining race. My god I have no idea why some of you did not like it. I am beginning to think you guys just like to complain about Nascar no matter how great the racing.

It wasn't racing ...hence the 0, but if it tickled you pink, hey that's all that counts.

Then there are those who like to complain about people complaining.

I think it is "the changes." People do not deal well with something they are comfortable with being changed. I have always believed that if you aren't changing you are most likely falling behind.

I deal with change fine, when it is change for the worse, then that is when I start complaining.

The problem is not with change but with Brian France taking what is supposd to be the "Great American Race" and turning into the great American joke of a crashfest.

If complacency allows people to judge that as good or even great racing, so be it, but some of us just don't see it.

A young, 2nd tier driver and 10 final laps saved that Daytona race from going down as one of the worst in my memory.

Lol you say that and no one says anything lol I say it and get torn a new one, I love the internet:rolleyes:

I knocked off one of the things on my bucket list and attended my first Daytona 500 this year. I had a great time and thought it was a fun race. Of course Tony teased me at the end with that last green-white-checkered but I was happy to see Trevor Bayne win and it was awesome for the Wood Brothers.

The only negative thing I have to say about my experience was the cops were horrendous at directing traffic both into and out of the parking lots and surrounding areas. They caused even more traffic then there would have been without them.

I deal with change fine, when it is change for the worse, then that is when I start complaining.

I would of like them to change the schedule that's the only thing I would complain about. The traditional dates are fine. Daytona 500,Daytona in July, Coke 600. I would of liked some changes to the chase, I do admit there best time of the year should be the chase and it fizzles out by then. Start with Bristol as the first race of the chase, then go to Sonoma and then end it with Las Vegas. The awards ceremony seems to be great in Vegas and they always get a crowd at the speedway, and it's always warm (usually) in the desert so weather would not be a problem. I thought with the impending NFL Lockout they would of changed the chase a little. I also don't like them going out west right after Daytona, I know weather is a problem it's still cold in March at some tracks down the east coast. They could send them to Homestead though in race 2 and it wouldn't be a problem. Maybe that they are pushing Daytona back next year and removing that early season bye week, they will avoid that early west coast trip as well

Back
Top Bottom