Rate The Race: Dover II

1. Only because Truex won, otherwise zero. Six cars on the lead lap at the end. Over 8 secs to second.

The first half was nice, but the second half was not really impressive and Johnson was the only one that was able to pass other drivers at the end.
But I'm glad we had no debris cautions.

I'll give the racing a 6 and the officiating a 9 just for not interfering for once. So I guess that means 7.5 overall. If they want a more entertaining 'product', continue to take more downforce away and bring more horsepower back until the cars are harder still to drive, and someone will wreck to bunch things up.

I watched five minutes and went back to football.

Dover is either a really great race or a really terrible race. No in between.

1! I attended the first Dover race this year. It was either that or this one. I made the right choice! Terrible race

Lol @ all the short attention span people rating this race a 1. Get out of nascar. You're the reason for all the crap we've had to endure the last decade.

Lol @ all the short attention span people rating this race a 1. Get out of nascar. You're the reason for all the crap we've had to endure the last decade.

The proof is in the pudding sonny. NAPCAR is losing fans in droves.

8 - My man Matt solid 5th. I am good with Truex winning. 5 cars on lead lap, just tells me the others better get caught up. If, and I no if does not mean much, but, If Larson had not had the bad luck, I feel there would have been 6 cars on lead lap. Plus happy no bogus cautions.

You know, I have to agree with this, while I do agree, todays race was not a barn burner.

The funny part, NASCAR fans complain when NASCAR throws "entertainment" cautions to make the races more exciting, NASCAR doesnt throw entertainment cautions and the fans complain that the race was boring.

Oh well, on to Charlotte

9 there is good racing in every NASCAR race. A pass to put cars a lap down is still racing!

I can't rate the race as I didn't see enough of it but I am happy to hear there were long green flag runs and no phony debris cautions. I can only speak for myself but I like long green flag runs and don't like it when Nascar uses the yellow to manipulate races and I don't like the free pass and wave around crap either.

9 there is good racing in every NASCAR race. A pass to put cars a lap down is still racing!

I prefer races to play out normally instead of having cautions that allow for free passes and wave arounds. Way back when it wasn't abnormal for the winner to be on a lap of his own and it never bothered me as it was a natural conclusion. I didn't see enough of the race to see much in the way of meaningful passes but I did see the 48 lap the 10 car twice like it was nailed to the ground (I suspect there was something wrong with the car but I had the volume muted) and I would rather see a race like that instead of where lapped cars are gratuitously placed back on the lead lap.

6 cars on the lead lap?, 6 f'ing cars on the lead lap?, 6 ****** cars? wow what a boring race. I'd say the same if my favorite driver won. And like said before, why are there 2 races each year at this place? Homer Simpson's favorite line "BORING"

I prefer races to play out normally instead of having cautions that allow for free passes and wave arounds. Way back when it wasn't abnormal for the winner to be on a lap of his own and it never bothered me as it was a natural conclusion. I didn't see enough of the race to see much in the way of meaningful passes but I did see the 48 lap the 10 car twice like it was nailed to the ground (I suspect there was something wrong with the car but I had the volume muted) and I would rather see a race like that instead of where lapped cars are gratuitously placed back on the lead lap.

It was fun watching the 48 pass people to try to get his lap back. Didn't happen, but still good racing

My rating: 7. Not the most exciting race in the world, but it was interesting to see what its like when there are no cautions and green flag pit stops take place with almost nobody on the lead lap. There was enough happening to keep me entertained.

EDIT: Perhaps my judgment is clouded by Jeff Gordon being in the race, as I had a particular driver to follow throughout the race.

7 race was ok stayed awake during most of it. Winner was a 10.

Back
Top Bottom