Rate The Race: Phoenix II

10. Happy Kenseth won, and was glad to see that he was acknowledged by many of his piers. Happy to see Hamlin get chucked by Elliott. Now to end the season on a high note, I want to see Martin win the championship with a second place, finish right behind Kenseth going back to back in his last two races.

I absolutely want it to be. I kind of had a feeling that if Chase had won it and made the final four, Denny would pursue him at Homestead. Not as likely, now.
On another note, as much as I hate what Denny did to Chase, part of me felt sorry for Denny when the reporters started grilling him so harshly after all that has unfolded within the last few races. Not to mention, he had just emerged to the jeers of the fans and had just lost his shot at the title. What a nasty situation to be in.

I agree with you on that. Good luck to the 78, he had a monster year and deserves it. We're all going to have a good time next Sunday.

Rated a 7, like many said based on the action and racing near the end.

Kinda bummed about another 2nd place finish, but today made me as proud as ever to call myself a Chase Elliott fan. And I'm happy for Kenseth.

PS.....Denny Hamlin and Jeff Burton are both complete morons, but this isn't anything we didn't already know

9. Best race of the year, maybe second behind martinsville two weeks ago. Multiple lines, better than normal passing, lots of contact. NBC still gets a 3 for coverage. At one point they were showing only the 11 car out in front and he was literally 3 feet behind a lapped car. The lapped car could not be seen on the tv because they were so zoomed into the 11. The clowns in the booth were also their normal selves.

The first 2 stages were a snoozer but the final 100 laps were awesome. Not to mention a top 5 finish for EJ lol.

part of me felt sorry for Denny when the reporters started grilling him so harshly after all that has unfolded within the last few races. Not to mention, he had just emerged to the jeers of the fans and had just lost his shot at the title. What a nasty situation to be in.
Not me. As the old saying goes "he made his bed, now lie in it".

Not me. As the old saying goes "he made his bed, now lie in it".

Absolutely as when you carelessly/intentionally wreck the guy in front of you and them blame it on some non existent cars behind you and then come up with weird crap about being in 10K races just what exactly would Denny expect the reaction to be?

PIR is a great track anyway, but the automatic drama that comes with it being the penultimate race of the year/final qualifier for Homestead, and it becomes a minimum of 8.5 in my book. Throw in the Kenseth storybook 'ending' and it makes it a 10 for me.

Not thrilled about Kez being the 4th qualifier though.

Chase reached NASCAR puberty so it has to be a 10, right?

I would give the incident he had with Hamlin high marks as he didn't do anything that needed to be apologized for or blame his actions on others yet he got the perfect result. When watching the clip I was surprised how gleeful the crowd was as Hamlin is the bad guy of the month apparently.

9, i was there and have been going there since 2013 and i have never seen the cars running that high on the track, it was an amazing race. The first parts of races at Phoenix are always boring, but I'm okay with it. Kinda bummed that chase didn't win but happy that Kenneth won. In all, one of the best races I've ever seen at Phoenix.

On another note, as much as I hate what Denny did to Chase, part of me felt sorry for Denny when the reporters started grilling him so harshly after all that has unfolded within the last few races. Not to mention, he had just emerged to the jeers of the fans and had just lost his shot at the title. What a nasty situation to be in.

Denny chose this path. He deserved everything negative that he endured yesterday.

9.0/10. Championship drama plus the battle between the 24 and 11 made up for what threatened to become another Toyotathon Event, with the Gibbs/Visser/TRD cars holding the top five places on speed after Larson's motor blew.

I was glad to see Chase Elliott run Hamlin into the wall... Karma is a b!tch. I was glad to see Kenseth win as that allowed Keselowski to advance to Miami. BKez has had a long streak of misfortune in the Round of 8 for several years, so I was glad to see some good luck finally come his way. And Kenseth's win, as he rides into the sunset, is a popular result.

Reactions: sdj
I would give the incident he had with Hamlin high marks as he didn't do anything that needed to be apologized for or blame his actions on others yet he got the perfect result. When watching the clip I was surprised how gleeful the crowd was as Hamlin is the bad guy of the month apparently.

He went slower to get Hamlin. Justified, but not purified.

Back
Top Bottom