RATE THE RACE: Pocono Snoozefest I

Opinions are like assholes and you are one.
are you are suggesting that I gave my opinion when I gave nothing but 100% facts. I'm afraid you are the one throwing opinions around. I wonder where I am going with this, can you ponder a guess, Mr. Andy? Lol...what a shmuck!!!

I find it odd that nascar fans get annoyed when other racing fans call nascar boring (IT'S JUST A BUNCH OF CARS GOING IN CIRCLES FOR 4 HOURS), but it's okay when nascar fans talk about how the races are boring each week :owquitit:

I don't find it odd at all. People who don't like NASCAR because it's just guys going in circles for 4 hours don't "get it" and I've given up trying to convince them otherwise. You and I know there is much, much more to NASCAR racing than that. That's why we're here posting about it.

Take the UFC. Huge fan here. But lot's of folks don't get that, either. Last night's card was epic. But they ain't all going to be barnburners. Just like NASCAR racing, or any sport for that matter.

Boring happens, whether you're a fan of a particular sport or not.
If you liked today's race, good for you. It's just I won't remember this race in the years to come.

And folks who don't like guys driving around in circles probably didn't watch, anyways.

are you are suggesting that I gave my opinion when I gave nothing but 100% facts. I'm afraid you are the one throwing opinions around. I wonder where I am going with this, can you ponder a guess, Mr. Andy? Lol...what a shmuck!!!

No, I suggested that you're a wanker.

Also, there's a difference between an opinion and a fact - unless you work for MSNBC.

I don't find it odd at all. People who don't like NASCAR because it's just guys going in circles for 4 hours don't "get it" and I've given up trying to convince them otherwise. You and I know there is much, much more to NASCAR racing than that. That's why we're here posting about it.

Take the UFC. Huge fan here. But lot's of folks don't get that, either. Last night's card was epic. But they ain't all going to be barnburners. Just like NASCAR racing, or any sport for that matter.

Boring happens, whether you're a fan of a particular sport or not.
If you liked today's race, good for you. It's just I won't remember this race in the years to come.

And folks who don't like guys driving around in circles probably didn't watch, anyways.

Well yes, I do agree that there is a bit of a difference between the two perspectives. As a fan, however, I still find all races to be entertaining, even if they aren't the most exciting to watch. There are always some races where I'm glued to the TV the entire time, while there are others where I don't mind listening to the radio broadcast while I get stuff done around the house.

Well yes, I do agree that there is a bit of a difference between the two perspectives. As a fan, however, I still find all races to be entertaining, even if they aren't the most exciting to watch. There are always some races where I'm glued to the TV the entire time, while there are others where I don't mind listening to the radio broadcast while I get stuff done around the house.

And that's the reason I never rate a race less than a 5.

Had a nice pizza in front of me, watching my all-time favorite sport, and my child is down the road at her aunt's house.
What more could I ask for, right?

I just felt the race was average. I'd definitely bump it up a point or two if Tony or Dale could've gotten by your boy.
Looking forward to Michigan.

I find it odd that nascar fans get annoyed when other racing fans call nascar boring (IT'S JUST A BUNCH OF CARS GOING IN CIRCLES FOR 4 HOURS), but it's okay when nascar fans talk about how the races are boring each week :owquitit:

Kinda like how the same fans will bitch about how most tracks NASCAR races on are Charlotte-ized 1.5 mile ovals, but complain that the one unique oval in the series is "boring".

Race gets a 5
TNT gets a 6
winner gets a 8

race was good, just not exciting. Was interesting seeing the crew chiefs trying to make changes to catch the #48

TnT has way too many commercials, but it's much better to hear honest driver input from Wally and Kyle, and the DP hype was justifiably minimal.

As for the winner, best team out there right now. I don't like JJ or the #48 team, but they had everybody covered.

No, I suggested that you're a wanker.

Also, there's a difference between an opinion and a fact - unless you work for MSNBC.
268BC016-AB1D-4049-AD35-C42B576E0A30-5619-000001092A5EABC7.jpg

I like the announcers (less Adam Alexander).. Do they take turns calling the last lap? I noticed AA called the last 2 turns this year and last year. I'm gona pay attention to that. I've never really thought about it until now lol.

I will give the race a 6.5 and the race thread a 4. The race had its moments and there were no serious accidents. All three engine manufactures had a car in the top 5. I may have liked it just a little more then some others did just because I knew it was probably going to be the last Nascar race I'm going to be able to watch for the next 4 weeks. I had already figured that the race thread was going to be a non stop bitch fest about the tv coverage and not much discussion about actual racing. I'm not complaining I'm just stating the facts and showing how transparent we are.:D

I will give the race a 6.5 and the race thread a 4. The race had its moments and there were no serious accidents. All three engine manufactures had a car in the top 5. I may have liked it just a little more then some others did just because I knew it was probably going to be the last Nascar race I'm going to be able to watch for the next 4 weeks. I had already figured that the race thread was going to be a non stop bitch fest about the tv coverage and not much discussion about actual racing. I'm not complaining I'm just stating the facts and showing how transparent we are.:D

Don't blame me for the race thread! Once that race starts, between the beers and texting the family, I rarely have time to complain about things on here.

I had already figured that the race thread was going to be a non stop bitch fest about the tv coverage and not much discussion about actual racing. I'm not complaining I'm just stating the facts and showing how transparent we are.:D

Well what else was there to do? The race was terrible but even if it had been good TNT wasn't gonna show us. Gotta do somethin....

Race gets a 5
TNT gets a 6
winner gets a 8

race was good, just not exciting. Was interesting seeing the crew chiefs trying to make changes to catch the #48

TnT has way too many commercials, but it's much better to hear honest driver input from Wally and Kyle, and the DP hype was justifiably minimal.

As for the winner, best team out there right now. I don't like JJ or the #48 team, but they had everybody covered.
LOL @ THE COW PATTY FAN

Don't blame me for the race thread! Once that race starts, between the beers and texting the family, I rarely have time to complain about things on here.
I'm not blaming anyone...I was in on it also. Any time there is a broadcasting change then we usually have a thread or two like that and then we usually calm down a little.:)

Green flag racing is a harder race to watch, kinda like a defensive football game. Any mistake in the pits is amplified. Drivers and teams are put to the test because they get very little time to adjust the car during the race. I thought the coverage did a good job explaining why one car with a slower pit stop improved his position on the track compared to another driver.

What is with all the TNT complaints in this thread? The coverage seemed to me to be about the same as Fox. Either people work for Fox or they are just as fanatical towards the talking heads as they are with their favorite drivers.

LOL @ THE COW PATTY FAN

LOL says the guy with Jr. in his avatar... Jr. has twice the hype that KP had and only slightly better results.

But seriously, I understand I'm a newbie here and don't know the pecking order yet, but are you suggesting that DW or MW are better than KP or WD in translating what a car is doing on the track into something folks at home can understand without a bunch of tired clichés?

maxi

LOL says the guy with Jr. in his avatar... Jr. has twice the hype that KP had and only slightly better results.

But seriously, I understand I'm a newbie here and don't know the pecking order yet, but are you suggesting that DW or MW are better than KP or WD in translating what a car is doing on the track into something folks at home can understand without a bunch of tired clichés?

maxi
you want the short answer? hell yes they are IMO. D.W. has forgot more about winning and driving on these tracks than KP has won. This bunch of country club cripples don't know spit about what is going on in the garage. TNT gives you a telemetry gadget that you can't read on the screen, put together by some first year graphics design student that couldn't find a race car in a parking lot full of suv's. Oh well, so much for the short answer.

Winner: 10!
Race: 5
Coverage: 8. Kyle Petty seems like he is a lot more into it.

[SNIP] What is with all the TNT complaints in this thread? The coverage seemed to me to be about the same as Fox. Either people work for Fox or they are just as fanatical towards the talking heads as they are with their favorite drivers.

The complaints are mostly about the excess amount of time spent on commercials, and the excess number of graphics and ads covering the screen.

The complaints are mostly about the excess amount of time spent on commercials, and the excess number of graphics and ads covering the screen.
I don't have to watch commercials and I don't think all the ads are that bad so it doesnt really affect me, but I do feel bad for people that hate ads :p

Never have liked the track, dont know why....... I always give it a D

you want the short answer? hell yes they are IMO. D.W. has forgot more about winning and driving on these tracks than KP has won. This bunch of country club cripples don't know spit about what is going on in the garage. TNT gives you a telemetry gadget that you can't read on the screen, put together by some first year graphics design student that couldn't find a race car in a parking lot full of suv's. Oh well, so much for the short answer.

Ahhh...pecking order found...lol.

My answer wasn't that DW was a better driver, the answer was that KP or Wally can explain what's going on without making some asinine comment about 'speriance or trouba in turn 4, or that "dogs nose is down and hunting" or the very tired "boogity blah blah blah".

Sorry to sound old fashioned, but I long for the days of Eli Gold and TNN's race coverage.

maxi

The only thing I didn't like was the excess of commercials. But that's when I take my trip across the room to racebuddy for the in car view and audio.

Yeah...I think Andy is busy

5EEFC6BC-7822-4B24-B581-B62D85ADA9C4-14151-0000029B89A54A58.jpg

Every single thing the

B4EB62D0-3845-4CB5-A325-906D0A2CF994-14151-0000029DC8DA8364.jpg

Posts is an attempt to

A3BAA77B-DDCD-4812-992E-6A0784455D4D-14151-0000029E5CCFE702.jpg

Maybe Andy should consider this for his avatar

12529A91-3AB2-4600-9429-FA0F88B6293C-14151-000002A01EE23E33.jpg

I'm guessing TNT has the same 20 min per hour of commercials as all other programming and everything in NASCAR has a sponsor logo attached to it.

What is with all the TNT complaints in this thread? The coverage seemed to me to be about the same as Fox. Either people work for Fox or they are just as fanatical towards the talking heads as they are with their favorite drivers.

The one good thing about TNT/ESPN is Racebuddy :D

Back
Top Bottom