RATE THE RACE: Pocono Snoozefest I

who said they showed the same amount every hour? If you looked at the page, it shows more commercials per hour.o_O

Rock on keyboard warrior.
larry.gif

You can check it right here. they had about the same time wasted on commercials, but the race was a shorter time span. almost a half an hour shorter.
http://www.jayski.com/news/pages/story/_/page/NASCAR-Televison-Commercials-2013

Holy crap! That's atrocious.

But , I don't understand , if all the networks show about the same number of commercials per hour , what are the people complaining about ?

That's not what the link shows. It shows that TNT had more commercials than FOX during a shorter telecast.

FOX has about one minute of commercials for every three or four minutes of race broadcast (and some of those commercials are "side-by-side" meaning you still actually see the race). That's about average, if not below average, for any television program. TNT has one minute of commercials for every two minutes of race broadcast - well above average for a NASCAR telecast and well above average for any television program.

Not only that, what about the banner above the leaderboard, that is a constant commercial? I guess that is what happens when Nascar is the number one TV rated sporting event. TNT is way too greedy IMO. Something has to give, the race is getting really hard to watch. Ray of hope? Maybe the commercial assault bundle quota will stay the same on a 500 miler.

Not only that, what about the banner above the leaderboard, that is a constant commercial? I guess that is what happens when Nascar is the number one TV rated sporting event. TNT is way too greedy IMO. Something has to give, the race is getting really hard to watch. Ray of hope? Maybe the commercial assault bundle quota will stay the same on a 500 miler.

That was infuriating crap. The amount of graphics on the screen at almost any given moment - what's the point of watching the race if you can't see the picture of the, I don't know, the race?

Take away the banners and commercials and just watch cars covered with banners and commercials of their own. You can't avoid the advertising.
Now I'm having a brainstorm, Why not have the car sponsors pay for the TV time and dump all the commercials, banners etc.
After all that is the idea of sponsoring a car and driver, to get their logo on TV.

I hated that too, but I couldn't remember if previous races had it or not.

TNT doesn't have any 500 mile races.

10 to the 10th power

Best race of the year. Go TNT...you are the best and that is fact 'cause I said so! Anyone who disagrees with me is simply picking a fight and I dont get involved in pissfests with wankers and twats who dont understand that I know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING.

10 to the 10th power

Best race of the year. Go TNT...you are the best and that is fact 'cause I said so! Anyone who disagrees with me is simply picking a fight and I dont get involved in pissfests with wankers and twats who dont understand that I know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING.
Andy?

Back
Top Bottom