Rate The Race: Sonoma

I like Sonoma. That said, this race was kinda boring. Far too spread out.

And Kahne sucks.

Somewhat surprised the leader held at the end for so long. I enjoyed the heck out of the race overall. Solid 8.

I am going with a 9 for showing that a race can be a good one without gimmicking the final laps. Good racing throughout the field with the strategies being allowed to played out.
The way it should be, imo.

Disclaimer:"I missed the first half of the race, due to on call problems at work, will have to watch DVR for that.

Keep the stages out of road course racing. way too many cautions ( stage) laps---or stop the field after a stage so we can get back to racing instead of follow the leader under caution for what seems like " FOREVER". I'll give it a 8.75, plenty of banging and bumping. For awhile I though Danica had a chance. and the 18 didnt win , two thumbs up!!!!!!

8. I don't understand the complaints about the stages. This caused some exciting racing for the first half and it was fun to see the strategies play out.
Normally they count backwards to find the first lap they can pit on and drive around all day. Another thing I like is, Yes the 78's day ended badly but he still scored points for the chase so his day was still pretty good.
I don't understand Teams bringing in the ringers, thy never do well overall.
I think Petty would have been better off with Bubba in the car.

8. I don't understand the complaints about the stages. This caused some exciting racing for the first half and it was fun to see the strategies play out.
Normally they count backwards to find the first lap they can pit on and drive around all day. Another thing I like is, Yes the 78's day ended badly but he still scored points for the chase so his day was still pretty good.
I don't understand Teams bringing in the ringers, thy never do well overall.
I think Petty would have been better off with Bubba in the car.

Agreed and I'm not a big fan of road courses. The early short stages were great and had alot of lead changes. The last stage played out with a long green flag run where strategy became key. I think it mixed new school and old school tigether perfectly with how it played out.

Yeah the road course ringers kind of embarrassed themselves today, Day and Said especially. Really think Bubba could have benefited and probably done better than they did today but we'll never know.

Back
Top Bottom