Reddick to 23XI

Not gonna convince me, sorry. 23XI has Michael freaking Jordon, Cup superstar Denny Hamlin, and Doordash, McDonalds, and Monster as sponsors every week. Marks has himself and for sponsors its the typical collection of smaller non-name brands rotating on their cars each week a la most of the mid-sized and smaller teams. I'm sure Kurt and Bubba are getting paid a TON compared to Ross and Suarez who both were desperate for rides.
Justin dropped well over 30 million for everything, you forget his Dad is a well known investor with over a net worth well over 100 million dollars.

Marks foundation is a lot deeper than what meets the eye. Also, its not about the rotation of sponsors. It's the money brought into the fold as a whole, Bubba and Kurt do bring in solid sponsorship funding. Bubba I think has between 20 to 30 million and Kurt brings in 10 or so, cool.

Saurez brings in what 20 million or so and Chastain has funding also. Himself for sponsors? Outside of GoPro, which he's an investor of, tell me other brands which are so small he has, please.

One of the biggest hospital franchises in the US, biggest soft drink maker, Commscope one of the biggest fiber optic cable makers in the US. Trackhouse Entertainment in itself is invested into the city of Nashville, which leads to B2B deals with the ACM and Tootsies? Also, K1 Speed and iFly are the largest companies in what they do... Yet, you want to sit here and flatout say Trackhouse in an underdog? All because of who the owner is in MJ?

Marks has been at this for a long time man. Look when you have a grip of GM employees working within your shop, you're spending some money. Marks is spending and is doing this as he envisioned. He's not held back in this case and as I've said before, it shows.

Anyways, back to the discussion at hand.

My question is how long will MJ continue to throw money at this without seeing results. No one can say MJ has to be happy with what he's seen so far. Yeah 2 wins but definitely not cars that are in contention every race

My question is how long will MJ continue to throw money at this without seeing results. No one can say MJ has to be happy with what he's seen so far. Yeah 2 wins but definitely not cars that are in contention every race
All depends on when it becomes a liability, but I think it helps due to MJ working in motorsports previously in AMA. I think he has a lot more patience than what he's given credit for.

Except for the Charlotte Hornets, holy **** what a mess of a basketball team. I would prefer Michael to sell the team to focus on his race car organization... No bias of course.

I don't know how valid it is but I keep comparing 23XI to Trackhouse. Justin's bunch seems to be doing much better with less firepower.
I think it's very unfortunate that some fans of Nascar feel compelled to compare 23XI to Trackhouse and declare which one is good. There was a "race thread" a couple of weeks ago where that sh!t went on for multiple pages. (I don't recall you being involved Charley, so my comment is not directed exclusively toward you.)

Trackhouse has become a contender in a short amount of time. I love that. Trackhouse appears to be an upgrade for the sport over Chip Ganassi Racing, which was lost in the process. On balance, I still love it.

23XI has also become a contender in a short amount of time, and I love that too. Both cars have bagged wins, and I can recall a very long list of startup teams that haven't gotten even a single win. I can't imagine why any fan of the sport would denigrate their accomplishments.

Don't forget Kaulig Racing... they too have become contenders... and winners... in a short amount of time. I hope their second car will soon have one full-time driver, which is their stated goal. And Petty GMS gets my love as well. This new two-car team is already an upgrade for the iconic 43 car, and I love seeing the speed Erik Jones has often shown this year. It's so much better than what the 43 had sank to these last several years.

If you're a fan of major league stock car racing, surely you realize these new teams are vital to the future of the sport. We need *all of them* and more to keep the show on the road. For decades the sport has been carried by Rick and Roger and Richard and Joe along with a few others. They're not going to be around forever.

I'll offer a toast to all of these new ownership groups... welcome to Nascar... we love you all. :cheers:

I think it's very unfortunate that some fans of Nascar feel compelled to compare 23XI to Trackhouse and declare which one is good. There was a "race thread" a couple of weeks ago where that sh!t went on for multiple pages. (I don't recall you being involved Charley, so my comment is not directed exclusively toward you.)

Trackhouse has become a contender in a short amount of time. I love that. Trackhouse appears to be an upgrade for the sport over Chip Ganassi Racing, which was lost in the process. On balance, I still love it.

23XI has also become a contender in a short amount of time, and I love that too. Both cars have bagged wins, and I can recall a very long list of startup teams that haven't gotten even a single win. I can't imagine why any fan of the sport would denigrate their accomplishments.

Don't forget Kaulig Racing... they too have become contenders... and winners... in a short amount of time. I hope their second car will soon have one full-time driver, which is their stated goal. And Petty GMS gets my love as well. This new two-car team is already an upgrade for the iconic 43 car, and I love seeing the speed Erik Jones has often shown this year. It's so much better than what the 43 had sank to these last several years.

If you're a fan of major league stock car racing, surely you realize these new teams are vital to the future of the sport. We need *all of them* and more to keep the show on the road. For decades the sport has been carried by Rick and Roger and Richard and Joe along with a few others. They're not going to be around forever.

I'll offer a toast to all of these new ownership groups... welcome to Nascar... we love you all. :cheers:
Thank you, Next Gen ...

Ok everybody sing it all together now. Charlie you take base

Jordan isnt spending a dime

So you're saying he has zero of his own money in this?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Figure of speech, Jordan isnt pouring money in to this, he brings credibility to prospective investors. He uses his brand for occasional sponsorship but his roi probably on par with Hendrickcars.com

Jordan isnt spending a dime
Jordan isnt pouring money in to this, he brings credibility to prospective investors.
You're basically saying Michael Jordan is running something close to a Ponzi scheme, and I'll call BS on that.
:bsflag:

Michael Jordan and Denny Hamlin are the principal owners of 23XI. There also appears to be one or more other silent equity owners, as there are at most other Nascar teams also. But that doesn't change the fact that MJ and DH made this team happen and poured *a lot* of money into it. Nobody here knows the total amount, but over $20 million for two charters and that doesn't even get you a single wrench or screw driver. Why would you say MJ doesn't have skin in the game? That's pure BS.

You're basically saying Michael Jordan is running something close to a Ponzi scheme, and I'll call BS on that.
:bsflag:

Michael Jordan and Denny Hamlin are the principal owners of 23XI. There also appears to be one or more other silent equity owners, as there are at most other Nascar teams also. But that doesn't change the fact that MJ and DH made this team happen and poured *a lot* of money into it. Nobody here knows the total amount, but over $20 million for two charters and that doesn't even get you a single wrench or screw driver. Why would you say MJ doesn't have skin in the game? That's pure BS.
Call BS all you want. Jordan plays with other peoples money which is where Sponsors come in to play along with other investors. His skin in the Game is his brand, his name and the credibility that attracts current and future investments. Ponzi scheme, please.

I don't know if or how much cash MJ brought to the ownership deal, but brand equity is a marketable asset. Check with any CFO or tax attorney. The NCAA lawyers fought for decades trying to keep college athletes from getting control of their own marketability.

I'd find it hard to believe he hasn't also sunk money into this team. But whether he did or not or how much, he's not getting something for nothing. The opportunity costs alone, the other things he could be doing with his time and lending his name to, are worth millions.

I present Shaq in a Smart Car

download.jpeg

The most shocking thing to me about the Reddick news is that people are surprised by it. Anyone who didn't see Tyler leaving IMO was kinda blind.

Look no matter what RC says he'll always be the #2 driver in terms of support behind AD, picking up his option for next season was more of a slap in the face than anything and RCR has shown since Harvick was there they're not capable of fielding a championship caliber team. If RCR wanted him in the future they would have been announcing a new contract, not picking up his option.

I was think about this since they announced they picked up his option year and was just wondering where he would end up. HMS and trackhouse seem set for the future with young drivers. RFK just isn't there in performance, JGR has more drivers than seats, unless Penske buys a 4th charter I didn't see Reddick going there.

My options were would he be happy in the 21 with the Wood brothers, would JR start a team or would MJ fork out the money to bring him over. Today we got the answer.
RC stuck it to him by picking up the option. He stuck RC back by announcing. Simple.

It is a huge, huge coup for TRD. Proof I spend too much time on this page: I was driving to lunch when I heard this on Sirius and my first thought was "Man, I bet @Revman is absolutely giddy." :XXROFL:
I know I am posting again on this, but this is really cool man. Thanks for thinking of me....and yeah, I was and am completely jacked. This kind of friendly stuff is what this board needs more of.....We disagree.....we get snarky, but at the end of the day, we love this sport...

Anyone else find it amusing that when a Toyota team was looking for another driver they once again went to the open market instead of their own driver development program?

Anyone else find it amusing that when a Toyota team was looking for another driver they once again went to the open market instead of their own driver development program?

I’m not even sure who’s supposed to be a viable candidate for a top tier Cup ride right now besides Ty, and he’ll probably be at JGR in 2024 himself.

By the lack of responses, it appears that only you find it amusing. In reality, the Toyota Driver Development Program is designed to prevent a guy like Larson slipping away again. I would argue that the program probably wouldn't exist if that hadn't happened. So, if you look at the Program from the perspective of keeping a healthy supply of talent in a Toyota seat, then yeah, it didn't work out, but if you look at it from the perspective of retaining the big time talent....Ty Gibbs.....Chistoper Bell...etc....then it isn't that weird. Ford has a similar program I think, but I couldn't tell you who is a product of it other than "Aw Shucks" Briscoe....and Chevy...well, I think Mr. H. has actually said that he will let others do the developing for him...

By the lack of responses, it appears that only you find it amusing. In reality, the Toyota Driver Development Program is designed to prevent a guy like Larson slipping away again. I would argue that the program probably wouldn't exist if that hadn't happened. So, if you look at the Program from the perspective of keeping a healthy supply of talent in a Toyota seat, then yeah, it didn't work out, but if you look at it from the perspective of retaining the big time talent....Ty Gibbs.....Chistoper Bell...etc....then it isn't that weird. Ford has a similar program I think, but I couldn't tell you who is a product of it other than "Aw Shucks" Briscoe....and Chevy...well, I think Mr. H. has actually said that he will let others do the developing for him...
For a manufacturer that spends a lot of money on driver development that sometimes starts all the way down with midgets and Keith Kunz, then arca with Venturini or KBM, then KBM in the trucks and then JGR with Xfinity for what at least a decade and you have an opening in a top cup ride and your solution is to hire someone outside you system for an opening in 2 years? You're basically saying we haven't developed good enough talent and we don't feel given another 2 years we can. If that's the case I'm sorry your development program (or I guess how you refer to it as retention program?) is failing.

For a manufacturer that spends a lot of money on driver development that sometimes starts all the way down with midgets and Keith Kunz, then arca with Venturini or KBM, then KBM in the trucks and then JGR with Xfinity for what at least a decade and you have an opening in a top cup ride and your solution is to hire someone outside you system for an opening in 2 years? You're basically saying we haven't developed good enough talent and we don't feel given another 2 years we can. If that's the case I'm sorry your development program (or I guess how you refer to it as retention program?) is failing.

I am sure that there are some at who set the racing budget at Toyota North America who might feel the same way. Lee White wouldn't touch it. David Wilson feels differently. How do you measure the worth of such a program? One Larson......or 5 Erik Joneses? ...and how long do you wait? Dunno.

I am sure that there are some at who set the racing budget at Toyota North America who might feel the same way. Lee White wouldn't touch it. David Wilson feels differently. How do you measure the worth of such a program? One Larson......or 5 Erik Joneses? ...and how long do you wait? Dunno.

By the number of Toyota's sold off the showroom floor

Christopher Bell, Valedictorian, Toyota Driver Development Program. Hell yes.

The important question is....... Will Reddick take Cheddar's Kitchens with him? and more important, I've never seen or eaten at Cheddar's.
You're not missing anything and the one in Charlotte really sucks. We walked out after wasting about 30 minutes of our lives at a table with no drinks back when they ran the first roval race.

Back
Top Bottom