Report: NASCAR returning to Nashville in 2021

And, FWIW, in several cases the tracks run today were not developed by those who own them currently. SMI did not purchase Las Vegas and Kentucky until they had already been around for a few years, for instance.

And, FWIW, in several cases the tracks run today were not developed by those who own them currently. SMI did not purchase Las Vegas and Kentucky until they had already been around for a few years, for instance.

Quite true, and they were all built on the speculation of getting NASCAR dates. While NASCAR has always maintained that they made no promises to any of these tracks before the fact, I have never really bought into that line. There might not have been a piece of paper saying so, but I don't think ANY of these tracks got built without somebody in the France family giving them a nod, and that is where they COULD have influenced what was built, assuming they didn't and were just wrong about the choices. I can't fathom why ANYBODY thought that having a half dozen almost identical tracks was a good idea, especially when the original wasn't anything to do cartwheels over in the first place. When you lose focus on your actual product and start making decisions based on ancillary concerns, the result is usually not favorable in the long run. It's kind of like the restaurant chain that focuses on having a location in every town and catchy commercials and pretty waitresses, and all kinds of fluff, but conveniently forget that if the food sucks, the rest really doesn't matter much.

p date.
according to Wikipedia with portable seating they can expand to 150 thousand. I doubt they would need that many, but they have it if they need it.
When they first started racing there I believe they were putting in around 40,000 the first few years until the fans started getting pissed because they didnt get a Cup date and it started falling off

Already looking to get 4 of these tickets whenever they come available. We'll be at every Nashville Cup race regardless if it sucks or whatever. I love Nascar. Some of the racing at mile and half's hasn't been too bad in recent years. There's a lot that can be done with the cars to make it good and I don't know what makes a youngster like Chase Elliot an expert on this track anyway.

Back
Top Bottom