Return of the XFL???

Not sure anyone is rooting for failure. Simply saying it's destined for failure. History tends to repeat itself.

Honestly it's not going to be the same as the last XFL tho. Vince tried to be to (e)xtreme with it last time for one. The ratings were good until the game where it went off the air in the middle of the game. They got better TV deals and stuff this time around as well. If one of them can last, it will be this one.

People just remember XFL failing, not why it failed in the first place. If those little small problems didn't happen, who knows what happens to the XFL.

I didn't see Bucs anything when I was down in Inverness, just Gators.
I grew up in Citrus County, it definitely skews Gators. For the most part anywhere north and central Florida will be FSU or UF fans. Pro fan bases in this state are super fairweather compared to most other areas.

Quick reminder in case this is off your radar.....

The beginning of the end of this incarnation of the XFL starts this weekend.

I didnt watch one game of the XFL. I did watch a few of the arena football league. I wish that league was still around...

I cannot believe how indifferent I am to this.
Its because you already know how this ends. Their are 2 kinds of football. NCAA and NFL. People are diehards for them. The NFL is such a powerful brand. The USFL tried in the 80s. The first XFL tried in the 90s. The AAF tried last year and now the XFL is gonna give it another roll. Its gonna end the way the others did. It might last a season or 2 but its not gonna last.

One thing these leagues always obviously lack is name players to market themselves with.

The first players they should of offered contracts to should of been:
Colin Kapernick
Tim Tebow
Johnny Manziel

You can mnake the point that the last 2 were NFL busts but ppl know who they are.
Kapernick speaks for itself. Would of generated tons of press.

Its because you already know how this ends. Their are 2 kinds of football. NCAA and NFL. People are diehards for them. The NFL is such a powerful brand. The USFL tried in the 80s. The first XFL tried in the 90s. The AAF tried last year and now the XFL is gonna give it another roll. Its gonna end the way the others did. It might last a season or 2 but its not gonna last.
Don’t forget the UFL from about a decade ago. It actually managed to last three full seasons and part of a fourth, but there were only 4 teams in the league and they only played a 6 game schedule.

So, I made my pick for my team.

Houston Roughnecks

Their coach played and also coached for the Falcons...so I'll just go with them off that fact lol.

Least til Atlanta ever gets one.

XFL > AAF now?? Still not sure if this lasts more than a couple years.

Attendance was decent for all 4 games for the most part though.

Only team that really didn't impress me this weekend was Tampa. Guess Tampa just got ****** luck no matter who the football team is lol.

Only team that really didn't impress me this weekend was Tampa. Guess Tampa just got ****** luck no matter who the football team is lol.
Bench Aaron Murray. Let Q cook.

- Biased USF alum/UF fan and subsequent UGA hater

I am not interested in another football league or longer season. But I will say that from what I saw, I think the XFL kickoff method is well conceived.

Three point conversions? No thanks.

Shame that people don't wanna give this a chance. I just don't want to see them same people complaining about the refs next NFL Season. So many hits this week, and so many plays that would've gotten flags in the NFL. They actually let them play football.

Bench Aaron Murray. Let Q cook.

- Biased USF alum/UF fan and subsequent UGA hater

As a Georgia fan, I gotta blame everyone but Aaron Murray. :p so fire the whole team(other than Murray) and replace them.

Is it me, or does it just look like a normal NFL game but with different teams?

I tuned in briefly a couple times just to see what their jersey's looked like, pretty sweet Vipers Dragons Battlehawks. This league actually reminds me of NFL Europe quality level as a real development league, I thought similar of the AAF too though.

I tuned in briefly a couple times just to see what their jersey's looked like, pretty sweet Vipers Dragons Battlehawks. This league actually reminds me of NFL Europe quality level as a real development league, I thought similar of the AAF too though.

You actually like the Vipers Jersey's? they look like horrible to me..

You actually like the Vipers Jersey's? they look like horrible to me..

They're loud but yeah turtle green neon colors, something different. The Roughnecks jerseys made me think of the Replacements movie. Seattle Dragons definitely took theirs from NFL Europe Barcelona Dragons, I like it.

They're loud but yeah turtle green neon colors, something different. The Roughnecks jerseys made me think of the Replacements movie. Seattle Dragons definitely took theirs from NFL Europe Barcelona Dragons, I like it.

I guess each their own. That’s really the only ones I don’t like. They just look uh to me haha.

Roughnecks is the team I’m backing since Atlanta has no team. But their head coach is a former Falcons head coach. Picked them before game 1, and they done me good so far.

I guess each their own. That’s really the only ones I don’t like. They just look uh to me haha.

Roughnecks is the team I’m backing since Atlanta has no team. But their head coach is a former Falcons head coach. Picked them before game 1, and they done me good so far.

They're for sure gaudy

I may have to pick a team at some point. I was all ready to jump on the San Diego Fleet merch until the AAF closed up shop. After watching a little more this morning, I think the XFL has a deeper talent pool and better top-end talent than the AAF had. They may last longer than we think.

They're for sure gaudy

I may have to pick a team at some point. I was all ready to jump on the San Diego Fleet merch until the AAF closed up shop. After watching a little more this morning, I think the XFL has a deeper talent pool and better top-end talent than the AAF had. They may last longer than we think.

:p well I always have them a chance personally. So longer than most people think for sure. But I’ve had hope and faith in it. Mainly cause I love football.

Rumors around here are that a trademark has been taken out for Philadelphia XFL so they seem to be thinking about expansion.

Shame that people don't wanna give this a chance.

I have nothing against it and hope it works out. What these recent attempts at alternative professional leagues has cemented for me is that I'm not a football fan. I don't live and breathe the sport in all of its iterations. I'm an NFL fan, and probably because I was raised to be. It helps me understand people who are strictly NASCAR fans better.

Also, I realize that I don't want to be watching the NFL 6-7 months out of the year. So the short season works perfectly. I do wonder if I and others might pay more attention to a summer league that takes place prior to the NFL season.

I have nothing against it and hope it works out. What these recent attempts at alternative professional leagues has cemented for me is that I'm not a football fan. I don't live and breathe the sport in all of its iterations. I'm an NFL fan, and probably because I was raised to be. It helps me understand people who are strictly NASCAR fans better.

Also, I realize that I don't want to be watching the NFL 6-7 months out of the year. So the short season works perfectly. I do wonder if I and others might pay more attention to a summer league that takes place prior to the NFL season.
This is really good way to describe it. Its how i feel as well. Once the Super Bowl ends football is over to me until week 1 of the next season. I have no attachment to any xfl team. I have no reason to cheer for one over the other.

I'm the opposite of you guys. Football, to me, is as enjoyable as racing. I'll gladly watch a random XFL game or a meaningless college game between two mediocre MAC schools if it's on, just like I would watch an ARCA race or a late model race if it's on TV. Football or racing, I can't get enough of it.

The XFL is doing a lot of things well IMO. The NFL has two MAJOR problems.....the ridiculous amount of BS penalties, and the constant delays from excessive instant replay reviews. The XFL is soooo much better in both areas, I really hope the NFL is paying attention.

Football burnout is a real thing. That's part of the problem with the XFL starting their season right after the Superbowl. I'm still confused if they're trying to be the development league of the NFL or trying to be the dominant league of professional football.

I like what I've seen so far though. And unlike any of the leagues that failed before them, they've integrated sports betting as a main focus and aren't afraid to talk about on the broadcast.

Back
Top Bottom