Revman will be excited

Or build a car able to race in NASCAR that met the rules?

And again, I bring this up to show how NASCAR HAS bent over backwards to satisfy GM. Supports Rev's point, sorry.

Wanna talk about the Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe? Not really anything illegal about it or the way it came about I guess. But NASCAR did let GM do something radical mid season to compete with Ford when again, they messed up and got behind.
Back in the 80's and 90's the NASCAR Hauler needed a revolving door for Ford Teams complaining about Chevy, Chevy about Ford, Ford about Pontiac, Pontiac about Chevy etc etc.. Every brand was given concessions. Its nothing new

Back in the 80's and 90's the NASCAR Hauler needed a revolving door for Ford Teams complaining about Chevy, Chevy about Ford, Ford about Pontiac, Pontiac about Chevy etc etc.. Every brand was given concessions. Its nothing new
Oh I remember. But IMO there has NEVER been a more blatant form of help/concession/favoritism than the 95 Monte Carlo when Chevy didn't fit 2 of the 14 the stock templates right out of the gate and it was allowed.

Other makes are held to one standard (14 templates) and GM only 12?

You seem like an insider, maybe moreso in those times? What is/was your opinion/thoughts? I'm sure your thoughts at the time were influenced by who you were winning with?

Oh I remember. But IMO there has NEVER been a more blatant form of help/concession/favoritism than the 95 Monte Carlo when Chevy didn't fit 2 of the 14 the stock templates right out of the gate and it was allowed.

Other makes are held to one standard (14 templates) and GM only 12?

You seem like an insider, maybe moreso in those times? What is/was your opinion/thoughts? I'm sure your thoughts at the time were influenced by who you were winning with?
lol. Well of course. I try not to get caught up in the "NASCAR Favors" this brand over the other. Like I said earlier, they all get concessions. Ford sure liked that GM 10 Transmission and Chevy loved running that Ford 9" Rearend, ya know?

lol. Well of course. I try not to get caught up in the "NASCAR Favors" this brand over the other. Like I said earlier, they all get concessions. Ford sure liked that GM 10 Transmission and Chevy loved running that Ford 9" Rearend, ya know?
I know Earnhardt did. He burned up a rear end and they were interviewing him about it and he made it a point to tell the interviewer it was a Ford part.

Ok thanks. Didn't mean for you to take sides or anything. Was just curious what your opinion was on that 95 template deal and if you had anything to add. Seems severely blatant to me but I'm a Ford guy sooo....

I tried to tell him that. I must have been not holding my mouth right. In fact, the season before the alleged Chevy deck lid crime, Ford won 20 of 31 races. :idunno: Another point that rings true today. The Chevy was a brand new version, motor and all..Does that sound familiar? lol.

I tried to tell him that. I must have been not holding my mouth right. In fact, the season before the alleged Chevy deck lid crime, Ford won 20 of 31 races. :idunno: Another point that rings true today. The Chevy was a brand new version, motor and all..Does that sound familiar? lol.
Even you don't know what you tried to say. I brought it up demonstrating an EXTREME case where GM got a HUGE break and you throw nondescript pics as proof of some kind. Yeah, won 20 races with a car that fit all them templates. Not just 12 that you conveniently forget or ignore or just don't want to face.

Even you don't know what you tried to say. I brought it up demonstrating an EXTREME case where GM got a HUGE break and you throw nondescript pics as proof of some kind. Yeah, won 20 races with a car that fit all them templates. Not just 12 that you conveniently forget or ignore or just don't want to face.
your confused. It was the year before that Ford won 20 of 31 races. You continue to stumble over NASCAR ALLOWED. lol. Go cry to Nascar for something that happened 25 years ago that they signed off on. Maybe you will meet Rev there at the complaint department window.

your confused. It was the year before that Ford won 20 of 31 races. You continue to stumble over NASCAR ALLOWED. lol. Go cry to Nascar for something that happened 25 years ago that they signed off on. Maybe you will meet Rev there at the complaint department window.
No I realized that. You confuse me with someone with limited comprehension skills. I just made the idiotic assumption you would comprehend that what I was referring to was 94 when I conceded the 20 wins by Ford. And yes, NASCAR ALLOWED GM to fix an illegal 1995 model Monte Carlo that DID NOT abide by NASCAR rules. Wasn't a change in spoiler height or some mod on the nose that nobody would notice...it was 3-4 INCHES of extra body to the rear of street car it was supposed to be build to.

Play dumb, doesn't change what occurred.

No I realized that. You confuse me with someone with limited comprehension skills. I just made the idiotic assumption you would comprehend that what I was referring to was 94 when I conceded the 20 wins by Ford. And yes, NASCAR ALLOWED GM to fix an illegal 1995 model Monte Carlo that DID NOT abide by NASCAR rules. Wasn't a change in spoiler height or some mod on the nose that nobody would notice...it was 3-4 INCHES of extra body to the rear of street car it was supposed to be build to.

Play dumb, doesn't change what occurred.
You continue to stumble. It's illegal if Nascar says it is..not you, me or the fencepost

Being exactly what you're negatively accusing people to be is a badge of honor?
Well, it's me, so MY rules are different. Kind of like the 2020-2021 Camaro.

Yeah, and I miss that. I believe that fostered brand loyalty. The bitching and complaining was awesome. For some reason, that era is seen negatively these days (what I hear on NASCAR Radio....I know, I know).

You continue to stumble. It's illegal if Nascar says it is..not you, me or the fencepost
Illegal when the sanctioning body doesn't apply their own rules consistently. Whole crux of this argument.

Yeah, and I miss that. I believe that fostered brand loyalty. The bitching and complaining was awesome. For some reason, that era is seen negatively these days (what I hear on NASCAR Radio....I know, I know).
Trust me if social media existed in those days it wouldnt look any different then today. Can you imagine the Petty win at Charlotte with an oversized engine and left side tires on the right today?

Trust me if social media existed in those days it wouldnt look any different then today. Can you imagine the Petty win at Charlotte with an oversized engine and left side tires on the right today?
Good point....didn't think about the social media BS. Can't believe those idiots who think other manufacturers get an advantage. ;) 😂

That's a different story. That was illegal, it was fined and points were taken away. Probably would be some who would still think Petty should have roasted in the fires from hell forever, and others went on with their day. But to call something illegal that Nascar said isn't? Man yells at cloud.

That's a different story. That was illegal, it was fined and points were taken away. Probably would be some who would still think Petty should have roasted in the fires from hell forever, and others went on with their day. But to call something illegal that Nascar said isn't? Man yells at cloud.
I wasnt trying to equate the Petty and Camaro issues, it was more about the outrage and how it would have been a major story had we had the platforms of today. His mention of NASCAR radio made me think of it.

I wasnt trying to equate the Petty and Camaro issues, it was more about the outrage and how it would have been a major story had we had the platforms of today. His mention of NASCAR radio made me think of it.
Never implied you were trying to compare the two. It's a no brainer the reaction would be the same no matter the date, modern social media gives more people a voice in the matter, but as I said, some would be ready to roast Petty, and others would go on about their day.

Interesting story though. The Petty bunch said they were tired of getting beat by big motors, Nascar couldn't award first place to Junior Johnson's 2nd place car because they loaded up and left...hmmm. After nailing the Petty's with a substantial penalty, the next week Nascar made it a huge penalty to have a larger motor...and along came Carl Long.

Never implied you were trying to compare the two. It's a no brainer the reaction would be the same no matter the date, modern social media gives more people a voice in the matter, but as I said, some would be ready to roast Petty, and others would go on about their day.

Interesting story though. The Petty bunch said they were tired of getting beat by big motors, Nascar couldn't award first place to Junior Johnson's 2nd place car because they loaded up and left...hmmm. After nailing the Petty's with a substantial penalty, the next week Nascar made it a huge penalty to have a larger motor...and along came Carl Long.
Before all of that Bobby Allison in 73 finished 3rd to Yarborough and Petty and protested their engines. Bobbys checked ok but they kept stalling on the the other 2 and long after the race was over said they would decide at NASCAR headquarters the next day, sure enough they let them slide and Bobby threatened to quit and sue. Bill France met with Bobby and promised him it would never happen again. People thought France bought Bobby off but Bobby said he didnt take a dime.

Back
Top Bottom