Revman will be excited

"Working with NASCAR gave you", yes, as in taking the box you are given per the sanctioning body and maximizing your results. That's what they did, and that's what Ford and TRD strive to do on a constant basis too. Any detail of this is pure blindness by fantasticism.
First Camaro or the second one? First Camaro they did not. The second one they had an advantage of the **** up the first one was. Hard to be proud of that I would think.

“It’s a completely different race car,” admitted Knaus. “I don’t think that there’s a component that’s the same. Now that being said, there are NASCAR mandated shapes that are consistent through all OEMs.”

Don't ever change my man. Don't ever change. Two races. Farce over. Game on. Chevy better put away the fat crayons this time.

:XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL:
Was hoping you’d post that again. Didn’t want to ask you to since you seemed determined not to. And I agree, from Chad’s comments it was a whole new redesign but like has been said before, if it was before the edict on making changes, it would seem GM yet again got a concession from NASCAR. If not, they just worked hard and kicked Ford and Toyota’s butts. This past year couldn’t end fast enough for me.

Nascar has a habit of big concessions for GM though. At least in my time as a fan. When the Lumina came about the cars had to be based off a RWD and V8 engined car. Lumina was neither. When Ford started the Taurus, shoulda heard the whining because it was a 4 door. Funny how the GM fans forgot the Lumina.

Was hoping you’d post that again. Didn’t want to ask you to since you seemed determined not to. And I agree, from Chad’s comments it was a whole new redesign but like has been said before, if it was before the edict on making changes, it would seem GM yet again got a concession from NASCAR. If not, they just worked hard and kicked Ford and Toyota’s butts. This past year couldn’t end fast enough for me.

Nascar has a habit of big concessions for GM though. At least in my time as a fan. When the Lumina came about the cars had to be based off a RWD and V8 engined car. Lumina was neither. When Ford started the Taurus, shoulda heard the whining because it was a 4 door. Funny how the GM fans forgot the Lumina.
@StandOnIt et al. aren't hearing it. They know more than Chad.

Monte Carlo

Hope the link works above. Prior to this, NASCAR had a set of templates a car had to fit prior to racing. There was some variance allowed but not much. GM rolls out a race car that was ABSOLUTELY nothing like the street version in the back end. If they made Chevy use something even close, the spoiler wouldn’t have attached. All the other makes (rest were GM) had to fit their production based template but not Chevy.

The history, from 90 when I started watching anyway, is rich with GM getting huge breaks.

First Camaro or the second one? First Camaro they did not. The second one they had an advantage of the **** up the first one was. Hard to be proud of that I would think.
Yes, I'm sure they're on their way to Costa Mesa to hand their championship trophy over to its rightful owner, Toyota TRD...

We are sorry we built a legal car that whooped your asses
Only took them two tries. Not bad.

They should have sent Toyota an edible arrangement with that on the card the day after Phoenix
Any and all references to that fabulous manufacturer from the Far East should be referred to as "Rev's Toyota". Thank you and God bless.

They should have sent Toyota an edible arrangement with that on the card the day after Phoenix
Chevy was out of money. Two cars are expensive.

Monte Carlo

Hope the link works above. Prior to this, NASCAR had a set of templates a car had to fit prior to racing. There was some variance allowed but not much. GM rolls out a race car that was ABSOLUTELY nothing like the street version in the back end. If they made Chevy use something even close, the spoiler wouldn’t have attached. All the other makes (rest were GM) had to fit their production based template but not Chevy.

The history, from 90 when I started watching anyway, is rich with GM getting huge breaks.
Outstanding. Meaningful and objective dialogue not rooted in biased opinion embraced as statements of fact. Well done! Your Fords got hosed harder than MY Toyotas BTW. Kevin Harvick 0 wins? Complete bull****.

Last year's Camaro continues to strike fear in the underlings.
Chad knows more about race cars than you do. #TrustChad

It will be worse for you this year when they take all of the cheat out of the yotas. I don't know what your excuse(s) will be then.
LOL. NASCAR gave The Felon a gift, and he still couldn't help but hump the front end of those Camaro 2.0s. It's just never enough for him. Got him in a little trouble a few years back....

Like I said in another thread, as far as the 90's are concerned, I won't throw stones about the Taurus for the reasons mentioned above. That being said, after the Monte Carlos dominated the first few races of '95, NASCAR adjusted the Fords to catch up.

LOL. NASCAR gave The Felon a gift, and he still couldn't help but hump the front end of those Camaro 2.0s. It's just never enough for him. Got him in a little trouble a few years back....

"The Felon". Cute.

Funny how that felon has a better reputation than "The Preacher" Mr. Pious Joe Gibbs. Gene Haas is a felon too, but nobody mentions that because it's only the Hendrick haters who care. Go look up the reason Mr. H got in trouble back in the 80's, and then try and tell us it makes him a bad person. Also while you're at it, take a look at how Gibbs got his start in NASCAR. If it weren't for "The Felon" helping him out, Gibbs would be nothing more than a retired football coach right now and Toyota would probably be out of the sport right along with Red Bull, Bill Davis, and MWR.

So go ahead and say "thank you, Mr. Hendrick" because without him, as far as NASCAR goes, you would have nothing to be excited about and nothing to cry about.

I think Rev only showed up when the yotas did, He wasn't around when the preacher was leaning heavily on Hendrick, LaBonte and Stewart and the GM Pontiac for 2 cup wins.. It was a long drought after that, 10 years before the preacher won in a Toyota. But he does remember that far back hmmm.

Like I said in another thread, as far as the 90's are concerned, I won't throw stones about the Taurus for the reasons mentioned above. That being said, after the Monte Carlos dominated the first few races of '95, NASCAR adjusted the Fords to catch up.

"The Felon". Cute.

Funny how that felon has a better reputation than "The Preacher" Mr. Pious Joe Gibbs. Gene Haas is a felon too, but nobody mentions that because it's only the Hendrick haters who care. Go look up the reason Mr. H got in trouble back in the 80's, and then try and tell us it makes him a bad person. Also while you're at it, take a look at how Gibbs got his start in NASCAR. If it weren't for "The Felon" helping him out, Gibbs would be nothing more than a retired football coach right now and Toyota would probably be out of the sport right along with Red Bull, Bill Davis, and MWR.

So go ahead and say "thank you, Mr. Hendrick" because without him, as far as NASCAR goes, you would have nothing to be excited about and nothing to cry about.
Opinions presented as statements of fact....except the part about how Coach got his start.

"Nothing more than a retired football coach."....Yeah, he wasn't much was he?

WE owe all it all to Hendrick. Okay, got it. Major League fanboy stuff right here. Get yourself one of those hats with the "H" on it.

I think Rev only showed up when the yotas did, He wasn't around when the preacher was leaning heavily on Hendrick, LaBonte and Stewart and the GM Pontiac for 2 cup wins.. It was a long drought after that, 10 years before the preacher won in a Toyota. But he does remember that far back hmmm.
Sold his soul to the devil, and then repented. All good. "H" was nothing more than a stepping stone to greatness.

Love that I revitalized MY thread. Just kind of playing around, but wow, look at the interest! Flattered.

Lets not forget Mr. H also helped SHR become a contending team. Like him or not a lot of people owe their start to him
He is in the same Hall of Fame as Coach....I mean one of the two Coach is in.

Opinions presented as statements of fact....except the part about how Coach got his start.

"Nothing more than a retired football coach."....Yeah, he wasn't much was he?

WE owe all it all to Hendrick. Okay, got it. Major League fanboy stuff right here. Get yourself one of those hats with the "H" on it.

Joe Gibbs was a damn good NFL coach. No doubt about that. He's also a damn good owner in NASCAR, in large part due to Rick Hendrick. That isn't an opinion, it's a fact if you believe what Gibbs himself has said many times.

Joe Gibbs was a damn good NFL coach. No doubt about that. He's also a damn good owner in NASCAR, in large part due to Rick Hendrick. That isn't an opinion, it's a fact if you believe what Gibbs himself has said many times.
Well said.

Did he refer to Rick as "family"?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

you know back in the day when every one complained the ford thunderbirds were too fast

you know how they slowed them down

tied Dale Earnhardt's car to the fasted Ford that weekend

amazing how Dale was able to get a top 5 finish

Not hardly. Ford won 8 races, mostly short tracks and a road course. Mark Martin did get a win at Talledega but that's not known as a handling race track. The last 6 were towards the end of the year when Gordon and Earnhardt were point racing and the Ford teams had absolutely nothing to gain BUT wins.

But still, how do you defend the fact Chevrolet was allowed to race a car that did not meet all the templates based on the stock Monte Carlo? The Thunderbird race car AND showroom car matched the templates. How does Chevy get by with only matching 12 of the 14 templates which were in place in the interest of fair competition? 1995 was a joke...

I don't see a whole hell of a lot of difference with either, but this kind of unfounded aero war arguments were common back in the day. Not any different than the Rev whine. Ya got BEAT!

1643735896024.png
1643735936521.png

1643736107809.png
1643736174044.png

But still, how do you defend the fact Chevrolet was allowed to race a car that did not meet all the templates based on the stock Monte Carlo? The Thunderbird race car AND showroom car matched the templates. How does Chevy get by with only matching 12 of the 14 templates which were in place in the interest of fair competition? 1995 was a joke...

I don't defend it, mostly because I don't remember the details. I do remember Roush complaining after Chevrolet won the first half dozen races, and NASCAR making adjustments to the Fords (and Pontiacs) at some point in April. I'm not saying it was all equal and fair.

Again, I'm not throwing stones. Ford was the last manufacturer to race a RWD V8 coupe in the 20th century, and I give them a lot of credit for that. It's just a shame the T-bird got replaced by that fugly Taurus.

I don't defend it, mostly because I don't remember the details. I do remember Roush complaining after Chevrolet won the first half dozen races, and NASCAR making adjustments to the Fords (and Pontiacs) at some point in April. I'm not saying it was all equal and fair.

Again, I'm not throwing stones. Ford was the last manufacturer to race a RWD V8 coupe in the 20th century, and I give them a lot of credit for that. It's just a shame the T-bird got replaced by that fugly Taurus.
Completely agree there. T-bird was beautiful IMO. Taurus looked like a largemouth bass.

I don't see a whole hell of a lot of difference with either, but this kind of unfounded aero war arguments were common back in the day. Not any different than the Rev whine. Ya got BEAT!

View attachment 60902View attachment 60903

View attachment 60904View attachment 60905
Unfounded? I supplied an article outlining the MC fit 12 of 14 templates. The 2 being at the rear end. Ford fit all 14. Nascar allowed GM to run an illegal car by their own standards. Documented....

Unfounded? I supplied an article outlining the MC fit 12 of 14 templates. The 2 being at the rear end. Ford fit all 14. Nascar allowed GM to run an illegal car by their own standards. Documented....
C'mon man, you sound more like Rev everyday
NASCAR allowed the rear deck lids of the Monte Carlos to be three to four inches wider than the stock model to accommodate the required 57-inch spoiler.

C'mon man, you sound more like Rev everyday
NASCAR allowed the rear deck lids of the Monte Carlos to be three to four inches wider than the stock model to accommodate the required 57-inch spoiler.
Exactly. NOT adhering to the requirements put forth by NASCAR that the race car match the road car templates. Just another example of how GM commonly gets ”the call”.

Exactly. NOT adhering to the requirements put forth by NASCAR that the race car match the road car templates. Just another example of how GM commonly gets ”the call”.
The key words are Nascar allowed ;) It's a great 25 year old tale, but that is all it is.

NASCAR allowed the rear deck lids of the Monte Carlos to be three to four inches wider than the stock model to accommodate the required 57-inch spoiler

Another controversial issue involves the 14 templates, which are used to compare precisely the shape of Winston Cup cars and their stock counterparts. While the Ford Thunderbird and Pontiac Grand Prix fit all the templates mandated by NASCAR, the Monte Carlo fits just 12. The two that differ involve the rear-deck area.

The key words are Nascar allowed ;) It's a great 25 year old tale, but that is all it is.

NASCAR allowed the rear deck lids of the Monte Carlos to be three to four inches wider than the stock model to accommodate the required 57-inch spoiler

Another controversial issue involves the 14 templates, which are used to compare precisely the shape of Winston Cup cars and their stock counterparts. While the Ford Thunderbird and Pontiac Grand Prix fit all the templates mandated by NASCAR, the Monte Carlo fits just 12. The two that differ involve the rear-deck area.
Thanks for proving my point. NASCAR gave a HUGE allowance to overcome Chevy‘s huge f-up In design. A design that was made to compete with the T—Bird that was competitive. And my point that NASCAR has a history of doing this for Chevy and their teams.

Good job and Thanks!

Thanks for proving my point. NASCAR gave a HUGE allowance to overcome Chevy‘s huge f-up In design. A design that was made to compete with the T—Bird that was competitive. And my point that NASCAR has a history of doing this for Chevy and their teams.

Good job and Thanks!
Yeah I guess Nascar should have given them a different spoiler :dunce:

Yeah I guess Nascar should have given them a different spoiler :dunce:
Or build a car able to race in NASCAR that met the rules?

And again, I bring this up to show how NASCAR HAS bent over backwards to satisfy GM. Supports Rev's point, sorry.

Wanna talk about the Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe? Not really anything illegal about it or the way it came about I guess. But NASCAR did let GM do something radical mid season to compete with Ford when again, they messed up and got behind.

We could all reply to literally every one of your posts with this...
You probably should. I have admitted that from the very beginning. It's a badge of honor for me.

Back
Top Bottom