Revman will be excited

If it isn't organizational excellence then why are the other Chevy teams not running as well? How come Kurt or Chastain aren't winning three races in a row?
They were....and then Bondo. I don't think anybody other than you would argue that all Chevys were good this year. Three races in a row.....that's a Larson thing. Chase, Bowman, and Byron wasted their opportunity.

The wind tunnel got ya bud. You say IT'S A WHOLE NEW CAR!!!, Nascar calls it an adjustment :biggrin:

Chevy comes with a new car for 2020: Camaro ZL1 1LE​

NASCAR collects cars from each manufacture to conduct wind tunnel tests at random points of the season. This allows NASCAR to get a read on the drag and downforce levels. They want to make sure all three manufactures are close to each other thus creating a fair racing series.

In this case, Chevy was way behind on the numbers. So, NASCAR allowed them to adjust the Camaro that previously made it’s debut in 2018.
I have reposted Chad's statement that there wasn't one bolt carried over twice for you. I will not do it a third time. If Chevy knew how to engineer a car, they would have built a decent piece the first time around, and NASCAR would have had their parity. You wanna talk about Toyota's spending? How about building a car for one ****** year? .....and then the pandemic happened. Chevy must have been jumping for joy. Even at that, they are not a lock for the Drivers Title. It would be so embarrassing if they didn't close this thing out. A couple of good Toyota tracks coming up....Uh oh.

It always impresses me how people are fans of a manufacture just as much, if not moreso than the drivers.

Honestly, up until I joined racing forums, I didn't even know this was a portion of our fanbase, in terms of allegiance.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

It always impresses me how people are fans of a manufacture just as much, if not moreso than the drivers.

Honestly, up until I joined racing forums, I didn't even know this was a portion of our fanbase, in terms of allegiance.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
It's real, but certainly a smaller group than the driver fan base. What's cool to me is that we kind of seek each other out. I have had the greatest conversations with Chevy and Ford manufacturer based fans. Joking, needling, but also appreciating that we will be here long after the drivers of our brands split. It's really cool. I have told the story a million times, but I will tell it again. I was at Michigan in 2015 the last time (and only time) Toyota won the Heritage Trophy. I was sitting next to an older gentleman whose daughter politely asked me to be considerate (noticing my TRD gear) of her Dad who was a retired Ford engineer and was passionate about his company. Of course, I obliged (as much as I could). After Toyota won, we sat in the stands and waited for the crowd to clear. The older gentleman and I struck up a conversation that started with "I hate Toyota." After a couple of hours (telling track workers to bug off), we shook hands. As we parted, the gentleman said, "I still hate Toyota...but maybe I hate them a little less now." BTW for two hours we talked about the cars....uh, truthfully, he talked, and I listened....and learned. I will never forget that day. I love this sport.

I have reposted Chad's statement that there wasn't one bolt carried over twice for you. I will not do it a third time. If Chevy knew how to engineer a car, they would have built a decent piece the first time around, and NASCAR would have had their parity. You wanna talk about Toyota's spending? How about building a car for one ****** year? .....and then the pandemic happened. Chevy must have been jumping for joy. Even at that, they are not a lock for the Drivers Title. It would be so embarrassing if they didn't close this thing out. A couple of good Toyota tracks coming up....Uh oh.
You're interpretation of what Chad said and what really was Chad's idea of a "new" car are two different things. As you should know aero is most important and proven in the wind tunnel. So a whole new car simply could have better aero numbers and unless you have a whole parts list of changes, I believe I will stick with the wind tunnel got ya Rev. And another word you have a problem with is called "parity". The pendulm swings both ways it isn't an exact science. Get yourself a can of Bondo and have at it.

You're interpretation of what Chad said and what really was Chad's idea of a "new" car are two different things. As you should know aero is most important and proven in the wind tunnel. So a whole new car simply could have better aero numbers and unless you have a whole parts list of changes, I believe I will stick with the wind tunnel got ya Rev. And another word you have a problem with is called "parity". The pendulm swings both ways it isn't an exact science. Get yourself a can of Bondo and have at it.
Dude. Here it is. Count how many times Chad calls it a new car, and get back to me. Chad ****** Knaus. Chevy had their swing at parity, and ****** it up. That was on them, and wasn't NASCAR's responsibility to bail them out...but they did. You keep running your mouth about Toyota's Bondo games, and what got Toyota back in the game this year? Chevy's Bondo games getting called out. They still had to cheat. A new ****** car, and they still....had.....to.....cheat. You have nothing here. Just stare at your poster of the Camaro ZLMouse or whatever in the hell it is called, have a Nuggie, and enjoy the advantage. In two races, the farce is over.

Dude. Here it is. Count how many times Chad calls it a new car, and get back to me. Chad ****** Knaus. Chevy had their swing at parity, and ****** it up. That was on them, and wasn't NASCAR's responsibility to bail them out...but they did. You keep running your mouth about Toyota's Bondo games, and what got Toyota back in the game this year? Chevy's Bondo games getting called out. They still had to cheat. A new ****** car, and they still....had.....to.....cheat. You have nothing here. Just stare at your poster of the Camaro ZLMouse or whatever in the hell it is called, have a Nuggie, and enjoy the advantage. In two races, the farce is over.

once again your exaggeration of every nut and bolt being changed is just that.

once again your exaggeration of every nut and bolt being changed is just that.
“It’s a completely different race car,” admitted Knaus. “I don’t think that there’s a component that’s the same. Now that being said, there are NASCAR mandated shapes that are consistent through all OEMs.”

Don't ever change my man. Don't ever change. Two races. Farce over. Game on. Chevy better put away the fat crayons this time.

:XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL:

“It’s a completely different race car,” admitted Knaus. “I don’t think that there’s a component that’s the same. Now that being said, there are NASCAR mandated shapes that are consistent through all OEMs.”

Don't ever change my man. Don't ever change. Two races. Farce over. Game on. Chevy better put away the fat crayons this time.

:XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL:
cry on man I knew you would be excited about it :biggrin:

The first time I saw this thread’s title I read it as “Revman Will Be Executed”

It’s gone downhill from there. 😎

They were....and then Bondo. I don't think anybody other than you would argue that all Chevys were good this year. Three races in a row.....that's a Larson thing. Chase, Bowman, and Byron wasted their opportunity.
I honestly don't know what you're referring to here when you say Bondo. Bondo-gate was a TOYOTA deal

Last edited:
If Chevy knew how to engineer a car, they would have built a decent piece the first time around
This is effing RICH considering TOYOTA was so down on horsepower when they joined Cup that they couldn't even make the races without a past-champions provisional. Guess they should have quit back in 2007, because clearly good engineering has no room for continuous improvement over time. By your own evaluation they should have walked back to Costa Mesa with their tails between their legs.

Good grief.

This is effing RICH considering TOYOTA was so down on horsepower when they joined Cup that they couldn't even make the races without a past-champions provisional. Guess they should have quit back in 2007, because clearly good engineering has no room for continuous improvement over time. By your own evaluation they should have walked back to Costa Mesa with their tails between their legs.

Good grief.
BS. First year for a manufacturer in Cup vs. this? Come on man. You got a new car. That's what is rich. Continuous improvement my ass.

BS. First year for a manufacturer in Cup vs. this? Come on man. You got a new car. That's what is rich. Continuous improvement my ass.
I got a new car? I didn't get ****. I have owned both Chevys and Toyotas and I couldn't care less about turning Chevy vs Toyota on Sundays into an ideology. You always make it "us versus them" as the default. I'm into being not 100% biased though when the reality is that for many decades now the sactioning body has worked to increase parity when performance calls for it. Toyota has gotten it, Chevy has gotten it, and Ford has gotten it.

I recommend you listen to the Dale Jr Download episode with James Finch. He talks about how Toyota offered him a deal in their earlier days in the sport and that he visited Costa Mesa and saw how they had one Ford engine, one Dodge engine, and one Chevy engine that they were reverse engineering, and that later on Robert Yates protested that Toyota was using an illegal valve angle, and that NASCAR allowed them to use the illegal engines in the Busch Series instead of having to scrap all the heads they had made.

They've all been granted concessions at different times. It is the equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and yelling, "LA LA LA LA LA LA, I can't HEAAARRRR YOUUUUU", to think anything otherwise. You act like Toyota is perfection and the others are cheaters or manipulators and that mentality is just totally detached from reality.

There is a poetic balance within the Toyota camp that serves to keep the Earth spinning on its natural axis... Hambone has raced over 10,000 races; and @Revman has posted over 10,000 posts whining about the 2021 Camaro. The one is as old and stale as the other, and that keeps the Earth from spinning off its axis and crashing into the Sun.:flushed:

I got a new car? I didn't get ****. I have owned both Chevys and Toyotas and I couldn't care less about turning Chevy vs Toyota on Sundays into an ideology. You always make it "us versus them" as the default. I'm into being not 100% biased though when the reality is that for many decades now the sactioning body has worked to increase parity when performance calls for it. Toyota has gotten it, Chevy has gotten it, and Ford has gotten it.

I recommend you listen to the Dale Jr Download episode with James Finch. He talks about how Toyota offered him a deal in their earlier days in the sport and that he visited Costa Mesa and saw how they had one Ford engine, one Dodge engine, and one Chevy engine that they were reverse engineering, and that later on Robert Yates protested that Toyota was using an illegal valve angle, and that NASCAR allowed them to use the illegal engines in the Busch Series instead of having to scrap all the heads they had made.

They've all been granted concessions at different times. It is the equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and yelling, "LA LA LA LA LA LA, I can't HEAAARRRR YOUUUUU", to think anything otherwise. You act like Toyota is perfection and the others are cheaters or manipulators and that mentality is just totally detached from reality.
I am talking about Chevy--not you personally. Geez. With regard to the rest of it....you are wasting my time. There is more to that story, but I am not playing. Just not interested.

Alright, curiosity killed the cat.....You forgot to mention the ending when Finch called it a mistake to decline the Toyota deal. The reverse engineering deal was NASCAR's way of supporting a new manufacturer--a far cry from allowing a company a second chance at engineering when they should have known better the first time around. They won 13 consecutive Manufacturers Titles for God's sake.....oh, help me with the parity thing and those 13 Championships in a row....I know, I know...must have been organizational brilliance. Where was the help for the other manufacturers then? The Yates thing....well, that was part of Roush's hard on with Toyota. Well documented. The thing that concerns me about Finch is that he couldn't even remember the name of the guy from Roush who showed him around. I believe that would be the President of the company, Lee White....

On a side note....You preach the parity thing in the midst of a 19 win Chevy season having already wrapped up the Manufacturers Title. Just what in the hell is your definition of parity? I'm not big on it, but the Chevy apologists seems to harp on this. Are you acknowledging that NASCAR went too far? I think that has been my point all along....One more race, and the farce is over.

Alright, curiosity killed the cat.....You forgot to mention the ending when Finch called it a mistake to decline the Toyota deal. The reverse engineering deal was NASCAR's way of supporting a new manufacturer--a far cry from allowing a company a second chance at engineering when they should have known better the first time around. They won 13 consecutive Manufacturers Titles for God's sake.....oh, help me with the parity thing and those 13 Championships in a row....I know, I know...must have been organizational brilliance. Where was the help for the other manufacturers then? The Yates thing....well, that was part of Roush's hard on with Toyota. Well documented. The thing that concerns me about Finch is that he couldn't even remember the name of the guy from Roush who showed him around. I believe that would be the President of the company, Lee White....

On a side note....You preach the parity thing in the midst of a 19 win Chevy season having already wrapped up the Manufacturers Title. Just what in the hell is your definition of parity? I'm not big on it, but the Chevy apologists seems to harp on this. Are you acknowledging that NASCAR went too far? I think that has been my point all along....One more race, and the farce is over.

I'm not interested in playing right now.

Why don't you ask me, later.
20211101_170012.jpg

Chevy’s 40th since 1958, is a testament to all of the continued collaboration and teamwork by owners, drivers, crew chiefs, crews, Chevrolet engineering and technical partners at the engine shops. This year was a different approach—one that drew on the strength of one team. From the engineering of the car for aero to the engines and pit crews—the one team approach brought the best for our drivers each race. We look forward to carrying over this momentum to 2022 and the new NASCAR Next Gen Camaro ZL1.”

The Team Chevy drivers who have contributed wins so far this season that helped achieve the manufacturers’ title are: Kyle Larson (nine wins), Alex Bowman (four), Chase Elliott (two), and AJ Allmendinger, William Byron and Kurt Busch (one each).

Earlier this season, Chevrolet became the first manufacturer to reach 800 all-time wins in the Cup series.

Chevy’s 40th since 1958, is a testament to all of the continued collaboration and teamwork by owners, drivers, crew chiefs, crews, Chevrolet engineering and technical partners at the engine shops. This year was a different approach—one that drew on the strength of one team. From the engineering of the car for aero to the engines and pit crews—the one team approach brought the best for our drivers each race. We look forward to carrying over this momentum to 2022 and the new NASCAR Next Gen Camaro ZL1.”

The Team Chevy drivers who have contributed wins so far this season that helped achieve the manufacturers’ title are: Kyle Larson (nine wins), Alex Bowman (four), Chase Elliott (two), and AJ Allmendinger, William Byron and Kurt Busch (one each).

Earlier this season, Chevrolet became the first manufacturer to reach 800 all-time wins in the Cup series.

Laughable.

Rev if you have an extra $38 grand and want to really hop your Toyota up and make it a pride ride then you had better put an order in to Chevy for this baddest crate motor Chevy has ever built. :D

Last edited:
Rev if you have an extra $38 grand and want to really hop your Toyota up and make it a pride ride then you had better put an order in to Chevy for this baddest crate motor Chevy has ever built. :D

I would, but I don't want to screw my resale value. ;)

My own thread. Just wow. Ah the memories.

Being organized and good at your craft and working with what NASCAR gave you is laughable?
They left a detail out of the self-stroking....is that what "working with what NASCAR gave you" is? The whole article is about how Chevy went out there and took it, yet you say that NASCAR gave them something. Telling...and I agree. Door, Bumper, Clear #176....I think Kraft talks about "giving Toyota (and Ford) something" because Chevy got something (well, a whole new car). NASCAR gave them a development freeze.

They left a detail out of the self-stroking....is that what "working with what NASCAR gave you" is? The whole article is about how Chevy went out there and took it, yet you say that NASCAR gave them something. Telling...and I agree. Door, Bumper, Clear #176....I think Kraft talks about "giving Toyota (and Ford) something" because Chevy got something (well, a whole new car). NASCAR gave them a development freeze.
"Working with NASCAR gave you", yes, as in taking the box you are given per the sanctioning body and maximizing your results. That's what they did, and that's what Ford and TRD strive to do on a constant basis too. Any detail of this is pure blindness by fantasticism.

I believe Rev has a number of problems with his fairy tales of the Camaro.

1. any manufacturer could have developed a car OR a motor before the parts freeze. Toyota tried a cheap fix, aero bondo and I wouldn't be surprised if those changes became permanent. Chevy, along with the new car redesign also came with a new motor for the car. He continues to overlook that point and how important the motor improvement was.
Maybe he should have been paying better attention to what other manufacturers were doing so he could have trotted over to TRD and warned them of the ass kicking they were about to receive.

2. He acts like the parts freeze doesn't pertain to all of the manufacturers

3. He doesn't know what "parts freeze" covers. All I have been able to read and document is that they extended the successful money saving motor restrictions and the reductions of new chassis building in which everybody had to abide with those rules.

I believe Rev has a number of problems with his fairy tales of the Camaro.

1. any manufacturer could have developed a car OR a motor before the parts freeze. Toyota tried a cheap fix, aero bondo and I wouldn't be surprised if those changes became permanent. Chevy, along with the new car redesign also came with a new motor for the car. He continues to overlook that point and how important the motor improvement was.
Maybe he should have been paying better attention to what other manufacturers were doing so he could have trotted over to TRD and warned them of the ass kicking they were about to receive.

2. He acts like the parts freeze doesn't pertain to all of the manufacturers

3. He doesn't know what "parts freeze" covers. All I have been able to read and document is that they extended the successful money saving motor restrictions and the reductions of new chassis building in which everybody had to abide with those rules.
You bore me....

1. Who the hell would design a car for one season? I thought Toyota threw money at the series and overspent everybody. That has been you narrative forever. Ooops.
2. You and I both know that handling flatters horsepower. Doesn't mean **** if you can't put it down.
3. You give one manufacturer an advantage, and then freeze parts and development, that guy stays ahead. That isn't hard to understand man.
4. They extended the "money savings" after Chevy had been awarded the advantage of a new car built for the new rules.

Once again, this is covered in Episode #176 of Door, Bumper, Clear with a variety of opinions, so fantasy? Not so much. Why won't you let this go?

Back
Top Bottom