RFK

I don't know if you get to keep your people on board while you appeal or not. But if you could, I would think he isn't appealing the penalty bringing in Josh Sell.

Well sorry for trying to help then.
Nothing against you it's just the whole thing with nascar not being transparent is a joke. Then you get people posting things referring to likely violations

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Nothing against you it's just the whole thing with nascar not being transparent is a joke. Then you get people posting things referring to likely violations

Since when has NASCAR not been transparent? You can go back and pretty much look at any penalty and why it was given. Hell they even reveal substance abuse suspensions.

Since when has NASCAR not been transparent? You can go back and pretty much look at any penalty and why it was given. Hell they even reveal substance abuse suspensions.
Secret fines to drivers for talking bad about the car/sport. That's happened to at least 2 drivers....that we know of

Secret fines to drivers for talking bad about the car/sport. That's happened to at least 2 drivers....that we know of

How do you know if it was a secret, and btw I'd fine the hell out of them too. You dont like it, go find somewhere else to race.

What would make. you think that Jack isn't in on it?
Wouldn't surprise me. Jack is INVOLVED. Way more than most owners. When he started he was part of the team. Strategy, fuel mileage, engines, the real deal.

But things happen without owners knowledge sometimes. Could be an honest mistake but the way NASCAR looks at it, if it's wrong it's wrong.

I guess I’m a little confused on what leads to a penalty as opposed to an outright disqualification, but what a major hit nonetheless. I think Brad is pretty much a bubble driver, one who could make it by virtue of points or a restrictor plate victory given the change of scenery. He’s run better than a good bit of the names that have benefitted from his penalty in the standings so I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s able to make up ground fairly quickly.

I guess I’m a little confused on what leads to a penalty as opposed to an outright disqualification, but what a major hit nonetheless. I think Brad is pretty much a bubble driver, one who could make it by virtue of points or a restrictor plate victory given the change of scenery. He’s run better than a good bit of the names that have benefitted from his penalty in the standings so I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s able to make up ground fairly quickly.
In Kez's case Nascar can't DQ when it comes from a R&D inspection. Taking a wag at it, it could be something internal that the scanning couldn't detect or they just missed it at the track seems like the two choices.
Why Nascar doesn't point it out for the fans who are curious about what the infraction is? Who knows what their reasoning is.

In Kez's case Nascar can't DQ when it comes from a R&D inspection. Taking a wag at it, it could be something internal that the scanning couldn't detect or they just missed it at the track seems like the two choices.
Why Nascar doesn't point it out for the fans who are curious about what the infraction is? Who knows what their reasoning is.
I reckon that makes sense. A bit different from how other series tend to apply punishments for infractions, but you know I’m certainly not going to complain about trivial details. Nascar has improved in their handling of infractions immensely these last few years and that’s satisfying enough from this fan’s point of view!

They got away with modifying the wheels, but it doesn't look good for this latest.

"They knew what the penalties were upfront for manipulation of a spec part," NASCAR President Steve Phelps said Saturday.
NASCAR wouldn’t talk more about the violation, citing the appeals process. And Keselowski chose his words carefully.

"We’ve got to work through it," Keselowski said about the penalty. "So it's trying to understand how we can make this a moment to be better as a team, and hopefully for the industry as well.

You won't be able to race this new car like you did the old one. Change with the times or fold your hand.

2. You make it sound like NASCAR would lie about it but I guarantee you the people who need to know have been notified and shown what it is.
How would we know if they weren't? It is up to NASCAR to pursue credibility, not the fan.

Wonder of Keslowski even knew that his crew fixed a loose cover by adding an extra rivet?

The paragraph above the one highlighted is interesting in itself. Is that the problem? If so, how would you know which part is right? Would you have to make a fixture for each part to check?
That’s why he’d take them to NASCAR and make it their problem.

The paragraph above the one highlighted is interesting in itself. Is that the problem? If so, how would you know which part is right? Would you have to make a fixture for each part to check?
I've always wondered about quality control issues on these "standard" parts.
That’s why he’d take them to NASCAR and make it their problem.
That's assuming you were able to tell there was a difference between the 2 parts. It would be interesting to know what the tolerance is for manufacturing in the first place is.

Was listening to the late shift and they had Blake Harris on talking about how with the shortage of parts nascar was allowing the teams to make repairs to body panels as long as they were done under certain guidelines.

Now if nascar was transparent maybe, just maybe, we would know if RFK was trying to repair a damaged body panel and not following the guidelines or they were actually just flat out modifying them for an advantage

Was listening to the late shift and they had Blake Harris on talking about how with the shortage of parts nascar was allowing the teams to make repairs to body panels as long as they were done under certain guidelines.

Now if nascar was transparent maybe, just maybe, we would know if RFK was trying to repair a damaged body panel and not following the guidelines or they were actually just flat out modifying them for an advantage

Did they appeal? We will find out then

Back
Top Bottom