Rick Ware expanding his empire?

donthaveanickname

Team Owner
https://www.jayski.com/2020/03/03/rick-ware-buying-premium-motorsports/
"Rumors have popped up recently that Rick Ware is in the process of buying Premium Motorsports from owner Jay Robinson.

Rick Ware Racing is fielding the full-time #51, #52, and #53 cars this year. Premium is fielding the #15 for Brennan Poole full-time.

Unknown is the status of the Spire Motorsports #77 which is currently operated through Premium Motorsports."

His fourth charter is coming...

RWR represents everything wrong with the charter system, instead of improving their own cars, they instead make a profit running crap cars and not even trying

Is it worse that the start-and-park teams in Xfinity or Trucks, or the old Past Champion's provisional, or the load of unchartered teams that show up only at plate races and cruise around waiting for the Big One to gain cheap finishing spots?

Everybody in a national touring system is in it to make money. Some use different methods.

Is it worse that the start-and-park teams in Xfinity or Trucks, or the old Past Champion's provisional, or the load of unchartered teams that show up only at plate races and cruise around waiting for the Big One to gain cheap finishing spots?

Everybody in a national touring system is in it to make money. Some use different methods.
They aren't cheap finishing spots. Daytona has been designed to give the teams a big payday after having the winter off.

RWR represents everything wrong with the charter system, instead of improving their own cars, they instead make a profit running crap cars and not even trying

Probably need to pay attention to what the backmarkers call the Nascar LeMans series. I don't but they do, and guess what? Whatever system they can come up with to pay teams there will be some who will figure out a way to make a buck. There isn't something WRONG. I guess they should give the lowest ranked team the pick of the best driver coming into the series. Not so, and competing against billionaires when you have chump change in your pocket is a hell of a lot harder to stay alive and Rick Ware has figured out a way.

They aren't cheap finishing spots. Daytona has been designed to give the teams a big payday after having the winter off.
By 'cheap', I meant 'easy'. They ride around, waiting on the wreck so they can gain positions by passively passing damaged / DNF cars instead of having to actively pass running ones.

Nothing wrong with that. Plenty of people compete in the Olympics knowing they're not going to medal. If NASCAR thought it was a problem, it would cut the field size to 30 or so.

Pretty sure there have been backmarker teams in every race series, amateur and professional, since time began.

They fill a need. Believe it or not, most of them are trying to be better.
Actually they just won their class championship with Cody Ware in the Asian Le Mans Series.

Ware has taken over Premium Motorsports.
The 15 will become RWR's fourth full-time entry. The 27 team has been sold to BJ McLeod, who will drive the car (now #78) at Darlington.
BJ has stated he wants to move up to Cup.

I like BJ a lot, I hope he continues to build his team(s). He's a really young team owner and pretty solid hand behind the wheel.

BJ has stated he wants to move up to Cup.

I like BJ a lot, I hope he continues to build his team(s). He's a really young team owner and pretty solid hand behind the wheel.

He definitely wheels those Flex Seal cars beyond where they're supposed to run in the Xfinity series.

You think this is unchartered territory? There have been feild fillers since the 60's. The tracks dont mind paying them as long as they meet all competition standards, more power too them.

Thanks for the wet cleanup in aisle 5.

My apologies for my part in that.

Ware has formed a partnership with Bobby Dotter's Xfinity team.
Different RWR drivers will drive the 07 car after Ray Black's departure. Smithley drove the car at Charlotte and Rick's son Carson made his Xfinity debut in the 07 yesterday.

Ware has formed a partnership with Bobby Dotter's Xfinity team.
Different RWR drivers will drive the 07 car after Ray Black's departure. Smithley drove the car at Charlotte and Rick's son Carson made his Xfinity debut in the 07 yesterday.
The car that I saw a quote on twitter along the lines of "everyone has complained about the 07 car except the driver of the 07 car"

I have a question about Ware's driver management. I'm sure the answer is "To make the most money" but I can't figure out how.

Why does the team move drivers around between the cars every week? Sometimes they'll keep the same drivers for a few weeks in row but swap two of them between cars, sometimes even rearranging all three. What's the purpose? Do the other members of the team follow the driver? If not, wouldn't leaving a driver consistently in the same car every week help performance by building solid relationships between driver and chief?

I can understand replacing a driver with a ringer or a ride buyer, but why move the replaced driver to another car and bump that driver out? Are any of these guys head and shoulders above the others? From the cheap seats, they're pretty much interchangeable field fillers.

I have a question about Ware's driver management. I'm sure the answer is "To make the most money" but I can't figure out how.

Why does the team move drivers around between the cars every week? Sometimes they'll keep the same drivers for a few weeks in row but swap two of them between cars, sometimes even rearranging all three. What's the purpose? Do the other members of the team follow the driver? If not, wouldn't leaving a driver consistently in the same car every week help performance by building solid relationships between driver and chief?

I can understand replacing a driver with a ringer or a ride buyer, but why move the replaced driver to another car and bump that driver out? Are any of these guys head and shoulders above the others? From the cheap seats, they're pretty much interchangeable field fillers.
Don't question perfection. They have to have some kind of reason to crash all their cars weekly.

Word is they are soon to be a factory sponsored team. New manufacturer from Studebaker/Hudson merger.
Until then they will he running old Hudson Hornets they pulled out of a museum

I wonder how much the crash damage waiver costs?

Still getting the 7 post sorted out.

3-Rail-Split-Rail.jpg

Drivers bring money

Drivers bring money
Yeah, I acknowledged that in my original post. But why move the drivers between cars every week?

Say driver A is in car 1 this week and B is in 2. Next week, D pays to drive. They put D in car 1 and move A to car 2. Why not leave A in 1 and put D in 2? And sometimes they swap A to 2 and B to 1; da phuque?

Yeah, I acknowledged that in my original post. But why move the drivers between cars every week?

Say driver A is in car 1 this week and B is in 2. Next week, D pays to drive. They put D in car 1 and move A to car 2. Why not leave A in 1 and put D in 2? And sometimes they swap A to 2 and B to 1; da phuque?
Some sheetboxes are better than others would be my guess. Somebody pays more they get the one with new tires on it as compared to a set with 25 miles on them and an engine with more miles on it.

Rick Ware can probably smell a used chassis for sale, or a decent set of used tires from miles away. He circles like a vulture when he sees the big one.... PARTS

Josh Bilicki brought 2 sponsors for this weekend so maybe Rick has a system where more money gets the more experienced crew, more up to date chassis, fresher motor? Its a guess but like they say, follow the money

Back
Top Bottom