ringers at cota

This is a good idea.

Why do cool suits constantly fail? Every week we hear about drivers cool suits failing. Just this week it was Button, Reddick and Bowman all mentioned theirs failed. Why is this such a constant problem.
Because like Todd Gordon says - you race everywhere. Want something that uses less power because power is speed, remember these guys have switches inside the car to disable to alternator to get more power. They want something light because weight is speed, most teams would rather spend 20k on something than add 20 pounds to a car

I think any of them will be lucky to get out of there with a top 10 so I am taking the under.
I was watching a Pockrass interview with Jordan Taylor and he was going on and on with how rough the racing was. Pockrass asked him if he wanted to do it again and without hesitation Jordan said yes and started talking about what he would do different lol. Taylor wants another shot at it.

Jordan was running top 10 at the end until....Overtime. Thought he had a good day, worked through the mid part of the field a couple of times to running top 10. Kimi was top 10 for a short time. Hope these fellas come back in the future, fun seeing them race a Cup Car.

Kimi was up to 9th and it was at the end part of the race of the race, but after a restart he was like 22nd. They buried him. I saw Taylor one time think he was going to take the proper line around the corner with another car right on his tail. Lol fender to the rear corner panel. They call that a clean road course pass in Nascar. He will figure it out if he hangs around, you can't give these guys an inch.

Kimi was up to 9th and it was at the end part of the race of the race, but after a restart he was like 22nd. They buried him. I saw Taylor one time think he was going to take the proper line around the corner with another car right on his tail. Lol fender to the rear corner panel. They call that a clean road course pass in Nascar. He will figure it out if he hangs around, you can't give these guys an inch.
I think the rough and tough restart crowd was one of the biggest issues for the ringers. Lining up two wide and gunning it into that first hairpin in a CUP car has to be Hell.

I think they had an awakening when the fenders went to banging and the rear end took a hit at the same time lol. It's root hog or die time.

Sounds like Button and Taylor were pretty disappointed with the driving standards at the end. Not surprising, it wasn’t just the ringers who thought it was bad either. Too bad because guys like Busch, Reddick, Byron showed you can race hard but fair.
The battle between Reddick and Byron was great. So much talent and respect on display between the two.

Sounds like Button and Taylor were pretty disappointed with the driving standards at the end. Not surprising, it wasn’t just the ringers who thought it was bad either. Too bad because guys like Busch, Reddick, Byron showed you can race hard but fair.
It's easier to race fair when there's 15 to go and the field is separated. While drivers bear some of the blame for the ending, repeatedly restarting into a hairpin with two to go is going to cause problems every time. NASCAR's GWC policy is mostly responsible.

Note to self: when designing a road course, make the first turn a gradual sweeping carousel with decreasing radius. Turn two will be a tighter one in the other direction. Maybe that will separate the cars without as many incidents on restarts. Don't have a guaranteed caution-causer like COTA, Indy, Portland, St. Pete, Gilles, etc.

It's easier to race fair when there's 15 to go and the field is separated. While drivers bear some of the blame for the ending, repeatedly restarting into a hairpin with two to go is going to cause problems every time. NASCAR's GWC policy is mostly responsible.
They could’ve run each other off the road up front on the restarts too but they didn’t. Meanwhile guys in midpack are heading into the first turn like they’re going to Houston and planning on using everyone else as brakes. That turn is a tough one for any series but none has had as much constant calamity as yesterday.

They could’ve run each other off the road up front on the restarts too but they didn’t. Meanwhile guys in midpack are heading into the first turn like they’re going to Houston and planning on using everyone else as brakes. That turn is a tough one for any series but none has had as much constant calamity as yesterday.
The Cup field is almost twice the size of other 4-wheeled series that run at COTA. A 20-car F1 or 23-car Indy field is much more likely to get through turn 1 cleanly; there just aren't as many cars fighting for position. Those guys fanning out in midpack would be the end of the line in most other series, with no one behind them to get jammed up. IMSA can at least separate the field by class initially.

From what I could tell Jordan's only issue was with turn 1. He had some door to door contact with guys on other parts of the track throughout the race but he never commented on those incidents and seemed totally cool with it.

The Cup field is almost twice the size of other 4-wheeled series that run at COTA. A 20-car F1 or 23-car Indy field is much more likely to get through turn 1 cleanly; there just aren't as many cars fighting for position. Those guys fanning out in midpack would be the end of the line in most other series, with no one behind them to get jammed up. IMSA can at least separate the field by class initially.
But it’s not an issue until the very end. They get through the start and several restarts at turn 1 cleanly all day long until there are two to go, and then they all need to pick up ten spots in two laps. They can make it but they choose not to.

This is why I'd love to see them run an oval. Button was impressed with the racecraft, but was frustrated with the nonsensical bumper car restarts.

This sort of is the standard for these more exotic road courses..if they run Sonoma, Watkins Glen, they'd probably see a bit more respect on the track. The issue on restarts is that we have such wide flat corners and slow enough speeds. Contact isn't hard enough to damage the cars.

I loved their commentary and the respect to the actual racecraft, but I don't like the idea of these guys outside of NASCAR thinking that THIS sort of aggression is the norm, because it isn't. It's not even the norm at road courses

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

This is why I'd love to see them run an oval. Button was impressed with the racecraft, but was frustrated with the nonsensical bumper car restarts.

This sort of is the standard for these more exotic road courses..if they run Sonoma, Watkins Glen, they'd probably see a bit more respect on the track. The issue on restarts is that we have such wide flat corners and slow enough speeds. Contact isn't hard enough to damage the cars.

I loved their commentary and the respect to the actual racecraft, but I don't like the idea of these guys outside of NASCAR thinking that THIS sort of aggression is the norm, because it isn't. It's not even the norm at road courses

I think this car lends itself to the beating and banging too. If you just drove in there and plowed into guys in the Gen 6 you would’ve had a broken radiator and a crumpled hood. These cars are tough. Larson doesn’t finish yesterday’s race in a Gen 6 car. He’s done after the Bubba contact.

I think it is going to take awhile for some fans to realize that this is a different ballgame. They watched the car being built like a tank, but apparently it hasn't got from the car to the brain yet what that means for the racing. They are going to race pretty clean if there is room, like on a wide oval, but restarts? It's on.

I think it is going to take awhile for some fans to realize that this is a different ballgame. They watched the car being built like a tank, but apparently it hasn't got from the car to the brain yet what that means for the racing. They are going to race pretty clean if there is room, like on a wide oval, but restarts? It's on.

That's really the point - this sort of racing isn't necessarily the norm, or even a NEW norm, for that matter. You're right about the car, and the drivers still need a track that allows for that sort of racing to take place - road courses with slow, wide turn 1's. There aren't too many tracks on the circuit where this sort of racing happens, so IMO, it's not really that big of a deal.

Just like pack racing is a unique part of superspeedway racing, dive bombing/agressive slamming restarts are part of certain road racing. It's a product of the track just as much as the car, imo, because we don't really see this at the more classic RC's like Sonoma or the Glenn.

My own real concern is that these very niche races make running a cup race off-putting for other drivers in different racing disciplines.

I’d love to know how they took 600 pounds off a Nextgen car.

0-8680_fat-lois-1-forklift-peter-peter-griffin.jpg

I don't know what either one of those two are talking about. I posted numerous interviews after the race from the ringers. Here is one that was posted this A.M.. Does this sound like "just be quiet"?

I think you should direct your question at Mr. mouthpiece Moody who was all bent out of shape thinking that they were all complaining about contact in general, when in fact it was the nonsense into turn 1 that they were complaining about.

I think you should direct your question at Mr. mouthpiece Moody who was all bent out of shape thinking that they were all complaining about contact in general, when in fact it was the nonsense into turn 1 that they were complaining about.
Nobody was complaining about any of that in the clips I posted and I just posted another above. All of the pod and radio guys will sell their mother if it would draw fans. I don't listen to any of them.

Moody likening NASCAR to McDonald’s and everything else to steakhouses is one of the most unintentionally funny things I’ve seen in NASCAR media. He got called out on it and then he said he didn’t say that, lmao.

Nobody was complaining about any of that in the clips I posted and I just posted another above.
Kimi said it was like bumper cars, Button said there are points where they can do better, and Taylor called them idiots after the final restart. Add in the regulars that were complaining about the turn 1 shenanigans and I think it's pretty obvious.

"40% of it felt a bit silly, the amount that we were hitting each other"

Kimi said it was like bumper cars, Button said there are points where they can do better, and Taylor called them idiots after the final restart. Add in the regulars that were complaining about the turn 1 shenanigans and I think it's pretty obvious.
If you posted any of that it would be believable. I would suggest you go over to the Cota race thread and listen to what they said after the race.

You hear what you want to here is what I am saying.
"I have to hand it to these guys, the first ten laps these guys destroyed me".
No I think you're the spin doctor to be quite frank. It's all good tho.

Man literally said almost half the race was unenjoyable but yeah I'm hearing things.

Lol...believe me now?
Like I said, it is a matter of perception. You believe whatever you want, the same guy you posted said he would like another shot. So my deductive reasoning says and the post above from the same guy says he had a ball racing.

You hear what you want to hear is what I am saying.
"I have to hand it to these guys, the first ten laps these guys destroyed me".
Yes. Again, they were fine with the racing. They were not fine with the bull**** in turn 1. And that is where their complaints stemmed from. Moody completely misconstrued that tho and ran his flappy gums like he always does.

No I think you're the spin doctor to be quite frank. It's all good tho.

Man literally said almost half the race was unenjoyable but yeah I'm hearing things.
Well as long as we are name calling, you are a critic in a world full of them. :idunno:

Yes. Again, they were fine with the racing. They were not fine with the bull**** in turn 1. And that is where their complaints stemmed from. Moody completely misconstrued that tho and ran his flappy gums like he always does.
and you fell for it. He accomplished what he set out to do and that is keeping listeners involved even though it is total B.S.

I know this doesn't tell the whole story, but there was contact and carnage over the whole track. 8 cautions isn't an excessive amount. I noticed Nascar flew the yellow really quick many times. #5 caution was called on Chastain long before he would have been a problem. He had to recycle something before the car would start and he drove off but they had already threw the caution. Two cars facing each other spun out and they threw the flag before the pack got to turn three. Both cars restarted that were tangled. As usual they were trigger happy.

1680109470462.png

Back
Top Bottom