ringers at cota

Ya'll DO realize that people can be impressed with the talent, racecraft and overall product AND find elements of that race silly, right? You can take sides, hear what you want...or look at the entire picture sold to us by these drivers.

The racing and racecraft was impressive, but elements of it were silly. That's what these road ringers told us.

Jensen said just that. Felt that they could do better, felt that 40% of the racing was a bit silly. AND, respected the talent, race craft, and the ability that some of these guys were able to make pace and grip in ways that were simply beyond his skillset.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I know this doesn't tell the whole story, but there was contact and carnage over the whole track. 8 cautions isn't an excessive amount. I noticed Nascar flew the yellow really quick many times. #5 caution was called on Chastain long before he would have been a problem. He had to recycle something before the car would start and he drove off but they had already threw the caution. Two cars facing each other spun out and they threw the flag before the pack got to turn three. Both cars restarted that were tangled. As usual they were trigger happy.

View attachment 69617
I do think some of these ringer guys made some clear distinction between physical racing/contact and the carnage going into turn 1.

Nascar just needed the Lord and creator of all good things Bill France on Sunday at the COTA. He would drove as lap around like he did at Talladega in 1969 to bring the shame upon the sissy drivers that believed it was just too rough.

Bill could have then left his used uniform behind this time for Dave Moody's pleasure...

.... well that's a little over the top, buy it's the internet.

images.jpeg.jpg
ar-racing-history/34222/september-13-1969-big-bill-and-the-pda-square-off

What's gonna be even more funny is when these guys show up again at Sonoma or an oval and play the body slam game, only to be confronted by angry drivers explaining the etiquette.

Jordan Taylor said this about the feeling of contact in his Discord yesterday:

It’s shockingly hard. There isn’t much give in the car for front and rear impacts

On a different note, Jenson was in Australia doing commentary during F1 practice last night and now thinks F1 should have spotters.

Wait a minute, F1 doesn't have spotters??? :blink: Had Jenson ever worked with one before?
I don’t think he had. F1 drivers rely on communications from the team in the pit lane to know where traffic is. They had to red flag practice yesterday since the GPS went out and teams couldn’t track each other, so I think that was the context.

I don’t think he had. F1 drivers rely on communications from the team in the pit lane to know where traffic is. They had to red flag practice yesterday since the GPS went out and teams couldn’t track each other, so I think that was the context.
So the teams update the driver based on graphics that rely on each car's GPS positioning? I wonder what they did before GPS; was it all on the driver?

Graphics are nice but I'd rather have extra eyeballs.

So the teams update the driver based on graphics that rely on each car's GPS positioning? I wonder what they did before GPS; was it all on the driver?

Graphics are nice but I'd rather have extra eyeballs.
Basically, teams can tell map positioning and speeds and can communicate who’s on a flying lap or who’s slow on an outlap/inlap. It’s an imperfect method and eyes in the sky could certainly help.

It might also tell people when they have tractors on the course like Japan last year.

Back
Top Bottom