Ross Chastain is a Future Star

So. Let me just make sure I understand. How Ross has raced this season, wrecking people, and everything. That’s aye okay? But someone spinning him out, isn’t? Make it make sense to me. Now if he does it, sure sit him out of the 500, I’m fine with that. I also don’t want him to wreck him. I’m fine with a bit of a spin or something that’s not gonna put him in danger. But you can’t run over folks all season, and think you’re not gonna get payback. Hell MTJ still owes him also. Pretty sure a few others do.
Eh, yawn. seriously doubt anything will happen. It hasn't happened in months so far and with one race left I would be surprised if anybody lays a fender on ROSS. This isn't WWE where that is all that is about revenge for this or that, this is Nascar racing.

Reactions: sdj
Man wrecked Brad today, he ain’t learned anything tbh. He always pulls the “jeeze, I’m sorry about that.” line that Ty Gibbs always uses when he does the same crap.
I think Ty Gibbs is an entirely different animal than Ross. Ross is a grown man who knows better, he just races hard, over his head, and does damage control. A lot of folks don't buy it, but he gets away with it.

Ty Gibbs, on the other hand, is a spoiled little ****. Believes everything he says. And intentionally wrecked his teammate for a win, and proceeded to compare himself to Jesus.

Ross is just the next driver in the mold of recent NASCAR villainy, Ala Joey, Brad, Edwards.

Ty Gibbs? That's something we've never seen before. He's the most hated driver in NASCAR, and he's not even full time cup yet.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I think Ty Gibbs is an entirely different animal than Ross. Ross is a grown man who knows better, he just races hard, over his head, and does damage control. A lot of folks don't buy it, but he gets away with it.

Ty Gibbs, on the other hand, is a spoiled little ****. Believes everything he says. And intentionally wrecked his teammate for a win, and proceeded to compare himself to Jesus.

Ross is just the next driver in the mold of recent NASCAR villainy, Ala Joey, Brad, Edwards.

Ty Gibbs? That's something we've never seen before. He's the most hated driver in NASCAR, and he's not even full time cup yet.

I mean I agree, and don’t get me wrong. I don’t dislike Ross, and if he can get to racing without taking someone out, and actually learn to race aggressively without wrecking someone, I’ll become a fan again. Like I have no problem with using someone up and bumping them out the way, and all that. But when you take someone out, that’s an issue with me. Surely if you make a habit of it. It’s why at what was it, COTA? Why I didn’t care. Because Ross hadn’t shown me that type of behavior before. When he did it to Denny I was like okay, come on man. Then did it to chase in the same race, I started to get more annoyed. He’s done it some since then with Truex, Denny another time. It’s always “I don’t like racing like that.” Then why does he do it? Ya know?

I mean I agree, and don’t get me wrong. I don’t dislike Ross, and if he can get to racing without taking someone out, and actually learn to race aggressively without wrecking someone, I’ll become a fan again. Like I have no problem with using someone up and bumping them out the way, and all that. But when you take someone out, that’s an issue with me. Surely if you make a habit of it. It’s why at what was it, COTA? Why I didn’t care. Because Ross hadn’t shown me that type of behavior before. When he did it to Denny I was like okay, come on man. Then did it to chase in the same race, I started to get more annoyed. He’s done it some since then with Truex, Denny another time. It’s always “I don’t like racing like that.” Then why does he do it? Ya know?
I totally get you. Ross has become annoying. A lot like Joey early in his Penske days etc. And I think this will be a short phase.

I think Ty is the real enemy.

I totally get you. Ross has become annoying. A lot like Joey early in his Penske days etc. And I think this will be a short phase.

I think Ty is the real enemy.

I hope so. Because I wanna pull for Ross, seems like a good dude. I just hope to see some improvement next season.

We shall see.

If someone told you Ty would hammer Jones on the last lap, would you have believed them?
If someone told you Ross would banzai the wall at MV to pass Denny on the last lap, would you have believed them?

Ross is a talented driver.
He drives over his head a lot. He doesn’t care about anyone else.
Just my observation.
Basically what I’m kinda saying. I think he does care about others, he just drives in away that sometimes is to much. Like I doubt he wants to hurt another driver, which shows he does care.

Basically what I’m kinda saying. I think he does care about others, he just drives in away that sometimes is to much. Like I doubt he wants to hurt another driver, which shows he does care.
I think it’s a little more selfish than that. I hope someone Kenseths him in Arizona…just to maybe humble him a little. He’s run over a lot of people this year, he’s earned it.

I think it’s a little more selfish than that. I hope someone Kenseths him In Arizona…just to maybe humble him a little. He’s run over a lot of people this year, he’s earned it.
I won’t say Kenseths him, because tbh that would require his back end hitting the wall, and we seen how dangerous that can be. I don’t wanna see him hurt. I just don’t wanna see him win the championship.

I won’t say Kenseths him, because tbh that would require his back end hitting the wall, and we seen how dangerous that can be. I don’t wanna see him hurt. I just don’t wanna see him win the championship.
I hope he gets stuffed, not injured.

I hope he gets stuffed, not injured.
That’s the thing. With this car and the way the rear is, you risk it when that happens. Like you have to be a little bit safe about it. Ya know? I rather someone do something to him that doesn’t risk him or anyone else being hurt.

That’s the thing. With this car and the way the rear is, you risk it when that happens. Like you have to be a little bit safe about it. Ya know? I rather someone do something to him that doesn’t risk him or anyone else being hurt.
Maybe if they just give him back a little of what he dealt out this year.

If someone told you Ty would hammer Jones on the last lap, would you have believed them?
If someone told you Ross would banzai the wall at MV to pass Denny on the last lap, would you have believed them?
I didn't want to elaborate on this, but since you asked again, yeah, honestly. I would believe them.
I'm not surprised whatsoever. He's wrecked people all season.

No one is wrecking Ross. I have a lot of confidence in that prediction. But we will see if I'm wrong

Yes, because Ty has drove like that plenty of times. Lol. This wasn’t the first time he made a move like that.

Which would be punting him out of the way, not just stuffing him into the wall. That ruins your day as well.
Yeah guys. I think Ross has been long forgiven by the field. No one is gonna do **** to him.

@BobbyFord I just wanna know, will you feel the same way, if Jones or someone takes Ty out Saturday. One could say he has it coming as well.
I think everyone out there should drive with respect. If you dish something out then you should be ready if it comes back.
Similar to my take with regard to this forum; I treat people like they deserve to be treated.

I think everyone out there should drive with respect. If you dish something out then you should be ready if it comes back.
Similar to my take with regard to this forum; I treat people like they deserve to be treated.
So, that’s a yes? If Ty gets took out, you’re gonna be fine with it?

Denny isn’t gonna do anything. The rest of the field pussyfoots around the final four in the championship race, I imagine it’s pretty well understood you don’t mess with them.

For everything that Ross achieves from here forward (and he is going to achieve a LOT), this amazing move will forever be etched into the history of the sport. The most gutsy, balls out decision I’ve ever seen. Larson tried it at Darlington but couldn’t pull it off. Few drivers would dare try something so bold, much less succeed.

Now on to Phoenix and racing for a championship.

I absolutely hated his move at the end of the race. That isn't racing, and it's quite frankly embarrassing that it was even allowed or considered legal.

• Haha
Reactions: sdj
Because Ross has completely wrecked him twice this season? Don’t wreck Ross. But spin him out at a point of the race it matters. Make his race difficult. Because he kinda is owed that.
I guess you need to be reminded or educated if you arent familiar with it, when the playoffs start NASCAR makes it a point in the drivers meeting to lay down the law that any intentional interference of a playoff driver will be dealt with immediately, not in the tuesday competition meetings, not wednesday, thursday or friday or Saturday but at the moment of the infraction with penalties ranging from being put in the back, being held a lap or more all the way to parking them. They can race as hard as they want but NASCAR knows the history and will use that in determining the intent.

I absolutely hated his move at the end of the race. That isn't racing, and it's quite frankly embarrassing that it was even allowed or considered legal.
You are in the minority, it was an amazing move that will live forever and it put him and his team in the playoffs. Nothing embarrassing about it.

Good lord folks, some of you here lay on Ross for a few on track occurrences like he is the most evil driver to ever be on a race track, but ignore Denny's BS. Yes, Ross has driven over his head a few time, just a few, but, never intentionally. The crowd at Martinsville BOOED Denny hard from the git go, they stood up and cheered for Ross, nuff said.
The Ross hate is thick up in here.
The wall ride at Martinsville was an epic moment for sure, he had clear open road in front of him and did not wreck anyone, hell of a thing!

That move by Ross Chastain is on page one and put the "pass in the grass" and the pass by Rick Mast at Bristol any years ago, now on page five of great moves in NASCAR racing history. That was classic and Chastain deserves every accolade given him. I hope he stays humble and remains the same person he has been as his star is rising fast and tee shirt sales will rocket.

Unfortunately, there are those who seem disappointed Denny didn't boot Ross. I don't blame Hamlin for being disappointed but he dealt with it and will go on to next week, much to the chagrin of those prognosticators who are wanting, begging, demanding, praying, Denny will boot Ross so they can criticize him in an attempt to justify their dislike.

I guess you need to be reminded or educated if you arent familiar with it, when the playoffs start NASCAR makes it a point in the drivers meeting to lay down the law that any intentional interference of a playoff driver will be dealt with immediately, not in the tuesday competition meetings, not wednesday, thursday or friday or Saturday but at the moment of the infraction with penalties ranging from being put in the back, being held a lap or more all the way to parking them. They can race as hard as they want but NASCAR knows the history and will use that in determining the intent.
Yeah, well sometimes you got to do what you got to do.

I don't think Ross has anything coming to him that Logano, KB or BK didn't have. He's just the next villain who pisses off guys for a year or two. He will settle down, this will be over and I think people will start to tolerate him again.

That being said, nobody is going to do s*** to him. Denny Hamlin paid him back, they're probably square and even. Hamlin ran him into the wallet Pocono, he put himself eat laps down at Nashville trying to screw up his day. I don't know why, but these drivers just take his s***. And with NASCAR making it pretty evident that they don't want anyone interfering with the championship race, the revenge on Ross is going to be a nothing burger. And this will all be forgotten next year.

R

Back
Top Bottom