Rules

Team costs would skyrocket. You are fundementally changing thier entire operation with those rules. Aero would become even more important, teams would spend millions to gain back downforce, sideforce etc......
The whole purpose of eliminating the aero accoutrements is to make it non important. If you could only run what was on the street...all the money spent on regaining down force and side force would not matter.

As far as eliminating the pit road speed...never tried to contend that, just doubling it under green flag stops. If the track as a 35 MPH speed under yellow...make it 70 MPH under green.

We live in a country with laws open to interpretation (hence, the judicial system), yet we teach our children that there is no interpretation. NASCAR rules are enforced like we teach our children. The pit road penalty on Hamlin was a joke. There was no advantage. There was no safety issue. Nobody saw it except the stupid pit road monitoring system. I am glad, however, that NASCAR has gone back to a more private and behind the scenes enforcement of the inspection rules. That way, there can be flexibility in interpretation in this social media saturated world. Seven races. No DQ's? Did everybody get more honest? Naw. Pit road needs to be managed the same way. Keep the focus on the racing.

There is the law which legalists love and then there is the spirit of the law which reasonable people appreciate. Nascar gave Carl Long the former.

not being snarky, but there are a million ideas on what is "real" racing these days. They are in the process of designing the Gen 7 car, we have a thread dedicated to it. https://racing-forums.com/threads/21-generation-7-car-news.67097/page-3 But I personally believe whatever they design will piss off most everybody whatever they come up with FWIW because everybody thinks they are positive their ideas are better than Nascar's.

With NASCAR’s record the past 15 years there is a good chance the man in the moon would have had some better ideas. If Nascar had hit on a series of things that grew the series I would agree with you 100%

We went to the Moon, we can design and build an accurate speed device

Okay, whatever.....the important questions are: 1) How many people watched it live? 2) How many people watched it on TV? and 3) Did the rocket pass OSS? Do not trouble me with lesser concerns such as the fact it happened. Now, be a buddy and bring me a sandwich or something....Tunnel 16 like usual. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom