Ryan Blaney

Ford 222

Team Owner
Didnt see a RB thread so I’m sure this will be moved if there is.

Anyone catch his post race interview with the Ryan Newman interruption? Ryan was getting ready to throw down if he needed to. Love this kid...not there to be a Earnhardt wannabe like Harvick but he’ll deal with you if you want.

Good to see Ryan N realized it.

Anyone catch his post race interview with the Ryan Newman interruption? Ryan was getting ready to throw down if he needed to. Love this kid...not there to be a Earnhardt wannabe like Harvick but he’ll deal with you if you want.

Video?

That's part of the problem today when one tries to compare an older driver, Harvick or Newman some of the oldest BTW with one who doesn't have much of a history..yet. We have lost a ton of experience and talent the last few years. Blaney is a new kid compared to Newman. We pretty much know what a Newman is. Blaney not so much. the older drivers didn't take too well when Nascar was trying to fill the void by touting the newer drivers. Can't say I blame them. It takes a while to make a name in cup

I feel the same way about Blaney as I do about young Mr Jones and Aric Almirola. None of those 3 have been awful by any stretch but given the quality of equipment underneath them I expected a little more.

I feel the same way about Blaney as I do about young Mr Jones and Aric Almirola. None of those 3 have been awful by any stretch but given the quality of equipment underneath them I expected a little more.

Blaney has been fantastic. Honestly, Blaney and Elloitt are so close in terms talent. Blaney has just had some crappy luck, he has had fast pieces and has done well in the Penske stable.

Penske is sitting 3rd 4th and 6th in the standings iirc. Blaney had two races where he was in the lead and had the race under control and he was taken out by outside circumstances.

He's doing fine.

I’m not good with searching, editing, and inserting video. I saw it at the beginning of NASCAR America as they did a montage of the race. I assume it was post race too?

ETA...See where someone inserted it. Yeah, RB is getting ready for a beat down but he was going to get ready for it. Love it.

I’m not good with searching, editing, and inserting video. I saw it at the beginning of NASCAR America as they did a montage of the race. I assume it was post race too?

Two of us posted it above.

Penske is sitting 3rd 4th and 6th in the standings iirc. Blaney had two races where he was in the lead and had the race under control and he was taken out by outside circumstances.

He's doing fine.
Yeah, I had Blaney in the NASCAR Pick 'Em game at Texas. Fastest guy on the track, ran up front and definitely a contender to win... until a fitting came loose, leaked all the water out, blew up the motor.

Blaney will be fine, but my Pick 'Em game is a lot closer to the outhouse than the penthouse...:mad:

When I saw the video, I thought that Blaney had earned Newman's respect. I think that reflects well on Blaney. My opinion is that Blaney does his share of blocking and squeezing in where there is little or no room. I would like to see him use that front bumper a little more in certain circumstances. I think he is close to putting himself on the same level as his Penske teammates.

Jones is the only one that meets your description for me. Blaney and Almirola have been excellent in what they've got imo. Both have gotten jobbed for wins, yet still have wins, and have qualified run up front led their share of laps. Jones looks like he's on his way to getting there, but needs the consistency. Blaney has been snakebit in the luck department.

Just good banter my dudes. Love the acknowledgement that Newman would have smoked him hahaha.

I like when Blaney is animated like this with Newman. Some of his interviews sound like he's been worn out on a podcast for 3 hours.

Listen, even smiling Newman wasnt happy, but he knew things like this happen. Blaney made a mistake and owned it. I cant tell you how many times we had a 'dust up" after the race and an hour later we all had a beer and talked it out. Same thing when Newman door slammed Larson to make the chase at Phoenix.

Jones is the only one that meets your description for me. Blaney and Almirola have been excellent in what they've got imo. Both have gotten jobbed for wins, yet still have wins, and have qualified run up front led their share of laps. Jones looks like he's on his way to getting there, but needs the consistency. Blaney has been snakebit in the luck department.

I think Blaney is killing it lately. He’s posted four top 5s in the last 5 races and the other one (Texas) he dropped out from the lead with what appeared to be the fastest car. They’re on fire - and they’re doing it with speed.

Hard to imagine they won’t get a win before too long.

I think Blaney is killing it lately. He’s posted four top 5s in the last 5 races and the other one (Texas) he dropped out from the lead with what appeared to be the fastest car. They’re on fire - and they’re doing it with speed.

Hard to imagine they won’t get a win before too long.
The entire young crop of drivers (Blaney, Larson, Elliott, Jones, etc.) all seem to have awful luck or some kind of issue every week. At least one of them contends to win weekly but are taken out by something.

Yeah, I had Blaney in the NASCAR Pick 'Em game at Texas. Fastest guy on the track, ran up front and definitely a contender to win... until a fitting came loose, leaked all the water out, blew up the motor.

Blaney will be fine, but my Pick 'Em game is a lot closer to the outhouse than the penthouse...:mad:

I have a new strategy for next year:

Don't pick anyone I am a fan of.

I just don't get this Jones boy. His hard driving style put him in a good position before Cup but now that he is here he has to learn to get to the end of the race before he can win.

Ryan has ran great. Arguably better than the 2 and 22 in LOTS of races but bad finishes due to crappy luck. I look for him to go on a tear later this year, hopefully towards the end with a nice run in the playoffs. Between he, Elliott, Jones, Larson, and a few others, the sport will have plenty of superstars to step in as The Instigator and his counterparts leave. Love the low key approach and “ act like you’ve been there before” air about him. Old school. Not attention starved or craving the spotlight or needing his ego stroked like a few out there that win a lot now.

Ryan has ran great. Arguably better than the 2 and 22 in LOTS of races but bad finishes due to crappy luck. I look for him to go on a tear later this year, hopefully towards the end with a nice run in the playoffs. Between he, Elliott, Jones, Larson, and a few others, the sport will have plenty of superstars to step in as The Instigator and his counterparts leave. Love the low key approach and “ act like you’ve been there before” air about him. Old school. Not attention starved or craving the spotlight or needing his ego stroked like a few out there that win a lot now.
He's a threat saturday night for sure

Well, not so great in qualifying yesterday. I enjoyed this short video about his foundation and building a Ford Bronco for Barret Jackson. Nice to see his mom and dad. Filmed at the Blaney shop.

He was terrible at RIR. It was if he switched not just sponsor, but Driver and car with Menard. There must have been some issue with the car.

He was terrible at RIR. It was if he switched not just sponsor, but Driver and car with Menard. There must have been some issue with the car.

Yeah, pretty weird, good momentum going in, BK and Logano were strong, and he was fast at Phoenix.

His stats aren't good for Richmond, but they weren't good at Phoenix either. Puzzler.

Oh well. They will work on it and improve I’m sure. Whatever went wrong with car happened during Qualifying if that’s the excuse. I just think he has a weakness at that track but it’s correctable.

Back
Top Bottom