Ryan Blaney

12-Atlanta.jpg
Favorite paint this year:

Ryan's one of my favorites. I think he will be one of the top tier cup drivers and in not that long a time. And....I loved it last year when NBC had him as one of the on track reporters during an Xfinity race and he gave an entire report while staring at the wrong camera :).

Is there a connection here I’m not aware of? Please tell me Ryan isn’t some SW geek?

Can't say for sure however:
I did see about a 1 foot high model of a Storm Trooper @ Ryan's house when JG was checking out Ryan's tee shirt collection.

Vader in the background + a red light saber.

He's from the dark side!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look out!!!!!!

LMAO

Jeff Gordon came to NASCAR to kick butt on track, win championships, chase track girls and finally ended up with a euro-model, beautiful family and a TV gig on retirement. '93 ROTY to '95 Cup Champ.

Meanwhile, Blaney is looking to have a kickass Star Wars collection by age 30 while trying to stumble on another win, whenever. Time will tell...

20s Drivers

Logano -- Cup Champ, 22 Wins
KyLar -- 5
Chase -- 3
Blaney, Austin -- 2
Jones, Buescher -- 1

Suarez, Ty, Bowman, Byron, Bubba, Preece...

Gonna forget I know all this....
Jeff Gordon came to NASCAR to kick butt on track, win championships, chase track girls and finally ended up with a euro-model, beautiful family and a TV gig on retirement. '93 ROTY to '95 Cup Champ.

Meanwhile, Blaney is looking to have a kickass Star Wars collection by age 30 while trying to stumble on another win, whenever. Time will tell...

20s Drivers

Logano -- Cup Champ, 22 Wins
KyLar -- 5
Chase -- 3
Blaney, Austin -- 2
Jones, Buescher -- 1

Suarez, Ty, Bowman, Byron, Bubba, Preece...
Y’all some salty af people.

It’s like people in a national profession aren’t allowed to have other likes or passions. Especially one that has topped media charts for 42 years.

Speaking of Jeff Gordon, this will blow your mind. He’s also a fan! Shocker!

And did you know that one of Dale Earnhardt’s nicknames was “Darth Vader”?

In case you missed Blaney’s podcast logo and art:

Glass-Case-of-emotions.jpg

I bet I can identify someone else that’s still living in their childhood.....

I like Blaney....he’s team Penske. But I’m allowed to make fun of things I think are on the geek side if I want and still be a fan. Doesn’t change the fact he’s a good driver and great ambassador.

Fan/Sponsor friendly Jeff Gordon answering a question from a reporter about a Star Wars character preference... :rolleyes:

Blaney is part of a rag tag group of 20-somethings (other than Logano) trying to establish themselves as future of the motorsport. He has Cup Champion teammates, to include the reigning Champ, on the legendary Penske organization. He's arguably in a better situation than Jeff Gordon was at HMS when he started out. Top team, top equipment, top expectations.

His geeky Star Wars fandom, podcast, and relatively cool demeanor make him likable and fan/sponsor friendly -- but maybe not so good a look unless he is winning races. Time will tell.

Fan/Sponsor friendly Jeff Gordon answering a question from a reporter about a Star Wars character preference... :rolleyes:

Blaney is part of a rag tag group of 20-somethings (other than Logano) trying to establish themselves as future of the motorsport. He has Cup Champion teammates, to include the reigning Champ, on the legendary Penske organization. He's arguably in a better situation than Jeff Gordon was at HMS when he started out. Top team, top equipment, top expectations.

His geeky Star Wars fandom, podcast, and relatively cool demeanor make him likable and fan/sponsor friendly -- but maybe not so good a look unless he is winning races. Time will tell.

Oh please.....
If not for being snake bit for the first quarter of this season Blaney could legitimately have 3 or more wins by now.
The failure to capitalize on those opportunities was completely out of his hands.
Also....… to compare Logano to the rest of the yutes is apples and oranges. Maybe if you compared his Gibbs years that would be a little more applicable.

Blaney is in a top ride with a top team. Brad and Logano are making the most of what they got -- while Blaney is acting cool and not getting it done, but the year is early and so is his career. And could you really ask for better teammates than Brad and Joey or a better team owner than Roger Penske -- not quite the experience that Logano had when he was coming up. 135 Cup races -- his excuse time is over.

Put down the fake lightsaber and get to work YRB -- go win some races on your way to a Cup Championship.

Jeff Gordon was Cup Champion in his 3rd Season and with the help of Evernham would take the HMS to the top, with JJ helping that org reach yet another level. Blaney is not helping to build Penske, he's using up what Penske is providing -- much more respect goes to Jeff Gordon for building up HMS. And I'm a Penske fan.

Done with the excuses of bad luck -- especially when Blaney gets the ROVAL win with amazing luck.

Last edited:
Y’all some salty af people.

It’s like people in a national profession aren’t allowed to have other likes or passions. Especially one that has topped media charts for 42 years.

Speaking of Jeff Gordon, this will blow your mind. He’s also a fan! Shocker!

And did you know that one of Dale Earnhardt’s nicknames was “Darth Vader”?

In case you missed Blaney’s podcast logo and art:

Glass-Case-of-emotions.jpg

Darth Vader is a dead ringer for Adam Savage of the Mythbusters. :booya:

images

Blaney is in a top ride with a top team. Brad and Logano are making the most of what they got -- while Blaney is acting cool and not getting it done, but the year is early and so is his career. And could you really ask for better teammates than Brad and Joey or a better team owner than Roger Penske -- not quite the experience that Logano had when he was coming up. 135 Cup races -- his excuse time is over.

Put down the fake lightsaber and get to work YRB -- go win some races on your way to a Cup Championship.

Jeff Gordon was Cup Champion in his 3rd Season and with the help of Evernham would take the HMS to the top, with JJ helping that org reach yet another level. Blaney is not helping to build Penske, he's using up what Penske is providing -- much more respect goes to Jeff Gordon for building up HMS. And I'm a Penske fan.

Done with the excuses of bad luck -- especially when Blaney gets the ROVAL win with amazing luck.
The pep talk Blaney needed this morning.

Comparing Gordon’s opportunities, competition level of the time & talent to Ryan Blaney currently is foolish.

Jeff Gordon is arguably the greatest of all time. Comparing him to ANYONE other than Jimmie Johnson realistically is irrational.

Comparing Gordon’s opportunities, competition level of the time & talent to Ryan Blaney currently is foolish.

Jeff Gordon is arguably the greatest of all time. Comparing him to ANYONE other than Jimmie Johnson realistically is irrational.
totally right in that it's two different circumstances, two different eras. If the comparison was to be made to Blaney and any other driver right now I'd find that way more rational.

4 top 5's in 9 races and you say he is not getting it done. Harvick might as well retire as he has no wins and only 4 top 5s this year too. Chase with no wins and 1 top 5, maybe he could step aside and let somebody else give it a go. What would he have to do to for you to say he is getting it done?

Like mine was a controversial response.,, :rolleyes:

Jeff Gordon fought his way to the top -- nowadays, plenty of young guns emphasizing their style on social media instead of in Victory Lane.

Looks like they've got the hooks into many middle-aged men (and older) on here -- when NASCAR was looking for this social media outreach to bring a younger more diverse demographic. :D

Well, it could be worse -- YRB could've been a Trekkie...

Like mine was a controversial response.,, :rolleyes:

Jeff Gordon fought his way to the top -- nowadays, plenty of young guns emphasizing their style on social media instead of in Victory Lane.

Looks like they've got the hooks into many middle-aged men (and older) on here -- when NASCAR was looking for this social media outreach to bring a younger more diverse demographic. :D

Well, it could be worse -- YRB could've been a Trekkie...
What young driver in your mind IS getting it done this season?

Michael McDowell works better with Blaney than his own team mate Joey.
It seems as though Joey is having an issue with his other team mate as well. Maybe he's the one that needs to "grow up".

Michael McDowell works better with Blaney than his own team mate Joey.
It seems as though Joey is having an issue with his other team mate as well. Maybe he's the one that needs to "grow up".
Joey is a true racer once the aces start and the car he likes is not what Brad drives. (Like Gordon and JJ) Blaney is still trying to find his own grove and I believe they experiment a lot more trying to find "his car". Many times he ends up using Joey's setup.

Back
Top Bottom