Ryan Newman Appreciation Thread

I have a soft spot for Newman. One of the last Winston drivers and drivers from my childhood. Dude gives it his all no matter the ride and gets that thing up there. Absolute master off the corner.

Well he made the final 4 a few years ago.. I wouldnt have him in for the round of 8 though.. but you never know with Dega in the next round

Definitely didn’t see it coming. Glad to see him finishing better again.

He races too hard.

Ryan Newman, "The Rocketman".

Did anybody expect this 6 team to make the playoffs, let alone have a legit shot at the Round of 12?

I had him on the cusp of the playoffs but I never expected round of 12...so happy for Jack and that team. Ryan was a tremendous hire!

Talks a bunch of tough guy ****, and doesn't back it up. Hell, Bowyer punched him into his window net, and we never heard another thing about it. Gets in the way, and is a complete ass about it, but he possesses the image a an old school racer so that makes him a grinder. Whatever. Is he that good, or are the other Roush drivers past and present that bad? Dunno, and don't care, I am watching the leaders.

Talks a bunch of tough guy sh!t, and doesn't back it up. Hell, Bowyer punched him into his window net, and we never heard another thing about it. Gets in the way, and is a complete ass about it, but he possesses the image a an old school racer so that makes him a grinder. Whatever. Is he that good, or are the other Roush drivers past and present that bad? Dunno, and don't care, I am watching the leaders.

Matt Kenseth had a 19.9 average finish in that car last year so yeah I think he is doing a good job. And it sure as hell seemed like he raced clean at Richmond. Looks like he's doing his job to me. Sure seemed like you cared based off the paragraph response.

What has Newman ‘not backed up’ this season? Really, I think we need to know...

He has taken a car that would rarely run top 20 in recent years and now is consistently putting it well inside the top ten. The team he left by the way... no one talks about their performances much anymore.

Ryan Newman, stand up!

What has Newman ‘not backed up’ this season? Really, I think we need to know...

He has taken a car that would rarely run top 20 in recent years and now is consistently putting it well inside the top ten. The team he left by the way... no one talks about their performances much anymore.

Ryan Newman, stand up!
Yep Newman is having a hell of a year, must be a good fit at Roush and they need one.

Kenseth might've been able to help out Roush with a full year commitment like Newman got this year.

I hope Stenhouse is taking notes that when Life hands you Roush performance, learn how to make lemonade -- you just can't throw the lemons away trying to make fine wine... :rainfro:

Kenseth might've been able to help out Roush with a full year commitment like Newman got this year.

I hope Stenhouse is taking notes that when Life hands you Roush performance, learn how to make lemonade -- you just can't throw the lemons away trying to make fine wine... :rainfro:

Kenseth certainly was turning the corner some at the end of the year, but Matt had a lot of finishes in the 20's as well. I do think Matt would have given the team solid runs, but I think he was done for after his JGR stint obviously.

Stenhouse has to put up results next year or they gotta find somebody like Chase Briscoe or even pry away Ross Chastain out of left field from his CGR deal (probably in the 1 in 2021?)

Talks a bunch of tough guy sh!t, and doesn't back it up. Hell, Bowyer punched him into his window net, and we never heard another thing about it. Gets in the way, and is a complete ass about it, but he possesses the image a an old school racer so that makes him a grinder. Whatever. Is he that good, or are the other Roush drivers past and present that bad? Dunno, and don't care, I am watching the leaders.
I have mixed feelings about Ryan Newman. I can't say I'm a fan of his. While I understand and respect racing hard for every position all race long, he has had a tendency to pull some dick moves on fellow drivers, or just moves that I see as unnecessary at times.

Once again, credit to the OP for making another one of these threads. I said something kind of positive about Ryan Newman for once. Consider getting me to do so a little accomplishment for yourself, haha.

I think Ryan Newman is the driver the year. Who else has done more with less??
Maybe RFR is listening instead of talking.
Lets not get ahead of ourselves here.

Even Matt Dibenedetto has more top 5s than Ryan so far this season and 6 top 10s with far far lesser equipment.

Newman is almost a 20 year veteran in the Cup series and by this time his good runs should be expected, not surprising.

Even Matt Dibenedetto has more top 5s than Ryan so far this season and 6 top 10s with far far lesser equipment.

Newman is almost a 20 year veteran in the Cup series and by this time his good runs should be expected, not surprising.

Yup, and Matt D is doing much better than Newman is -- in the Playoffs...

And Matt is getting promoted because of a better ride because of that, it's not an indictment on Newman.

Yup, and Matt D is doing much better than Newman is -- in the Playoffs...
Again. Newman has two decades of experience in Cup. Him being in the “post season” should be a normality. A driver of his caliber not making it should be the exception with serious changes being made to rectify the issues.

No not after what he said about Stewart, not believing the moon landing, ignoring Purdue, and costing Larson and DiBenedetto races.

Forever everyone has loved ton**** on RFR....but maybe the reality is, is that their stuff isn't that bad. B

We can't talk out of both sides of our mouths here for Years everybody has completely s*** on how terrible the equipment from Roush is.... so we can't also say that the last generation JGR equipment that the 95 team is using is lesser equipment. Also Newman's in the playoffs MattD is not so there's that.

Why did burrito randomly become the focal point here? this is my problem with him and his fans. Cannot go anywhere without having to talk of him. He seems like a nice guy, but I’m sick of having to talk about him. We get it, burrito drives a race car. Can we talk about any other race car drivers?

So far this season, Ryan has 11 top tens verses burrito with 6... Ryan’s in the playoffs... Burrito isn’t.

one things for sure, the Screaming Gerbils will be on high alert at the Roval. In some circumstances when they all get to howling in harmony , it sounds like a cat that has had it's tail stepped on.

I think it's between those 3 (Newman, DiBen, Buescher). Nobody else has gotten more out of less this year.

Not buying DiBen's far far lesser equipment than Newman and Buescher though. Regardless of Newman's experience, the surprising part is the crap box he's doing all of this in imo.

I think the used cars going from JGR to the 95 are much better than what RFR had this year. Most of those used cars were winning Cars and are only a year or so old.

Wasn't that long ago Roush brought back in Kenseth to see if he could help diagonose what was wrong with the cars.

RFR has been lost since losing the old guard they had and stretching money thin. Now, with Newman he has really stepped up his game and has brought a newfound confidence for the team. I hope he continues this great run, he's a fantastic driver and honestly is a last of a reitring breed. Lets appreciate ol Ogre while he's still racing full-time. He has his moments, but he's a no-nonse, no frills type of guy.

That's why I respect the hell out of him. Here's to more years of screaming NEWMAN!

I think the used cars going from JGR to the 95 are much better than what RFR had this year. Most of those used cars were winning Cars and are only a year or so old.
You're implying that race results are strongly correlated with the date the chassis was welded up... but they aren't. Leavine Family doesn't get even close to full Gibbs preparation... simulation, components, wind tunnel time, shaker post rig, etc, etc. (BTW, today's announcement says LFR will get a lot better stuff next year for C. Bell).

AFAIK, every chassis in Cup was fabricated this year or last year... due to new safety rules. In overall team budget, chassis fabrication is relative peanuts.

Central Speed Ranking 2019:
Newman ... 21st fastest
DiBenedetto ... 22nd
Buescher ... 23rd

Also Newman's in the playoffs MattD is not so there's that.
The irony in this is that Newman basically took Matt out of the playoffs by chopping him at Bristol.
I think it's between those 3 (Newman, DiBen, Buescher). Nobody else has gotten more out of less this year.

Not buying DiBen's far far lesser equipment than Newman and Buescher though. Regardless of Newman's experience, the surprising part is the crap box he's doing all of this in imo.
Ah, forgot about Buescher. He is checking all the boxes as well.

Why did burrito randomly become the focal point here? this is my problem with him and his fans. Cannot go anywhere without having to talk of him. He seems like a nice guy, but I’m sick of having to talk about him. We get it, burrito drives a race car. Can we talk about any other race car drivers?

So far this season, Ryan has 11 top tens verses burrito with 6... Ryan’s in the playoffs... Burrito isn’t.
Who pissed in your corn flakes?

Back
Top Bottom