Ryan Newman Has Made It

I really hate to say it, but I'm calling it now. Ryan Newman will announce his retirement soon.
I noticed Chastain wearing the Oscar Meyer firesuit with his name on the belt. A nod that he’ll be wearing it again?

Cage was compromised and his seat was hit. Thats not something you hear a Cup driver say everyday. Unbelievable.

Waiting for Newman to show up at The View to discuss his favorite recipes. WTF. Let me be clear, we are all blessed to have Newman with us, but the way he has handled the sharing of information has been weird. Really weird.

Waiting for Newman to show up at The View to discuss his favorite recipes. WTF. Let me be clear, we are all blessed to have Newman with us, but the way he has handled the sharing of information has been weird. Really weird.
I dont get your problem with the way he handles his life and when and where he wants to talk about it. I know you are used to KB running his mouth whenever their is a camera in sight but all drivers arent the same.

I dont get your problem with the way he handles his life and when and where he wants to talk about it. I know you are used to KB running his mouth whenever their is a camera in sight but all drivers arent the same.

Whatever on the KB thing....Never said anything about Newman's life. Just thinking that the forum to reach the most people who are aware and care about what happened is something other than the Today Show.

Whatever on the KB thing....Never said anything about Newman's life. Just thinking that the forum to reach the most people who are aware and care about what happened is something other than the Today Show.
I'm looking for your rants posted after Hambone went on the Today Show when he won the Daytona 500,,, and when KDB went there the morning after winning the championship Homestead finale.

Hmmm. Can't seem to find those rants, but I'm sure they're there somewhere in your timeline.

I'm looking for your rants posted after Hambone went on the Today Show when he won the Daytona 500,,, and when KDB went there the morning after winning the championship Homestead finale.

Hmmm. Can't seem to find those rants, but I'm sure they're there somewhere in your timeline.

Promoting the sport with those champions on that show to reach a broader audience is really a stretch IMO.....Are you suggesting that Ryan was promoting the sport with his accident?

Promoting the sport with those champions on that show to reach a broader audience is really a stretch IMO.....Are you suggesting that Ryan was promoting the sport with his accident?
So yeah I would say his being there alive and well after a wreck that vicious promoting the safety of the sport. I'm sure there were many who heard about the wreck casually. Nascar has the highest rate of female fans 50% in fact. There are people in high places that would just as soon outlaw racing as look at it and are looking for any reason hook or crook to do it.

Now that he has some extra time to heal hopefully he will be ready before they go back racing. It looks like he is enjoying therapy though. :)

Now that he has some extra time to heal hopefully he will be ready before they go back racing. It looks like he is enjoying therapy though. :)

Don't mean to be that guy, but what good would he be? We all saw how Steve Park and Dale Jr. petered out after they attempted a comeback from a nasty nasty concussion.

Don't mean to be that guy, but what good would he be? We all saw how Steve Park and Dale Jr. petered out after they attempted a comeback from a nasty nasty concussion.
You have information indicating Newman has been concussed?

Perhaps he’s simply taking some time to consider his future. I really have no idea. Neither do you.

I also have a brain issue,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,dementia.
I still drive and at 77 I am a better driver than most..........................................even if I forget where I am going. :)

Gluck's article reports that Newman does not remember most of the race, or the last lap, or the entirety of his hospital stay unitl he was discharged. He used the word "miracle" multiple times, and that's no exaggeration.

Gluck's article reports that Newman does not remember most of the race, or the last lap, or the entirety of his hospital stay unitl he was discharged. He used the word "miracle" multiple times, and that's no exaggeration.

Jenna Said " He used word "crushed" about his helmet. However, he has no video that clarifies what hit him inside the car.

I've got a pretty good idea.

Ugh. I really really hope he doesn't suffer from any long-term issues...

200mph and 3,000 metal and steel projectiles flying into one another. And it comes down to a game of inches. One more "inch" of crush and he's dead, or not standing/talking with us today at best.

I still can't comprehend it.

Bone-chilling

Sound like Ryan might be one of the luckiest people on the planet

Full interview transcript

Ford Performance NASCAR: Ryan Newman Darlington Teleconference Transcript

Back
Top Bottom