Sayonara Fox

FOX was awful. Worst half season of broadcasting I've seen in a long time.

All I ask is for NBC to bring enough cameras to capture the action on track. Tired of missing **** cause the production crew and commentators are thumbing their butts.

That said, Rick Allen makes me wanna jam an ice pic through my retina.

All I ask is for NBC to bring enough cameras to capture the action on track. Tired of missing sh!t cause the production crew and commentators are thumbing their butts.

You mean Game Creek Video , they bring the camera's.

I know nothing about producing a live event for sports TV. There are many things Fox could do to improve, and I am well aware that ad revenue drives the bus. Unlike many I don't hate DW, and I like Gordo too. My main gripe is how much action they miss. I know it's a big track and all that, things are going to be missed.

I would stop with the mic'd transmissions for one thing. No living person can decipher WTH any of them are saying. Let Gordo figure it out and translate. That would be fine. The graphics showing where the battery is...that's been done to death. Your audience is already NASCAR fans. Track bar graphics and that sort of thing I just tune it out as I don't understand it. I'd rather see on-track attrition/position battles and see it live. It's hard though on a 2.5 mile, I get that. I'm glad we get to see races (for now). It's a family event at my house. Hard to completely take a big shizzer on the deal. Sometimes it's on me as a viewer, for example I had no idea what happened to Allmendinger today and still don't.

Nothing to complain about. NBC has not been better in recent years. Also, will NBC work to broadcast 4k races? Fox did twice.

Reactions: Bob
Nothing to complain about. NBC has not been better in recent years. Also, will NBC work to broadcast 4k races? Fox did twice.
Nothing to complain about? Numerous missed battles for the lead. Split screen when they did show passes for the lead. No cameras on numerous accidents. Zoomed in single car shots. In car camera over usage. No explanation for drivers going laps down. This was by FAR the worst year Fox has ever had.

Nothing to complain about? Numerous missed battles for the lead. Split screen when they did show passes for the lead. No cameras on numerous accidents. Zoomed in single car shots. In car camera over usage. No explanation for drivers going lap downs. This was by FAR the worst year Fox has ever had.
I use in-car audio and other coverage; maybe I don't care as much about the actual broadcast. If NBC turns it up I will agree.

All I ask is for NBC to bring enough cameras to capture the action on track. Tired of missing sh!t cause the production crew and commentators are thumbing their butts.

What would be the point (ha!) of that? You don't see much of him now, and you'd still hear him. Maybe try your eardrums.

Since NBC returned I've like Fox alot better. NBC does a pretty good job with IndyCar but for some reason their NASCAR broadcast seem full of commercials and its hard to get into a race. I'll wait to see what NBC has this year though.

Commercials are a point of law for their broadcast licence. I think if you check you will see they all show about 25% of the time in commercials. 15 minutes per hour. It is when and how they do it that gets me.

it seems like the passion or something is lacking from fox's efforts... don't be down because your audience isn't there, if you network boneheads wouldn't move everything to fs1 and all that, you'd have better numbers.

Last edited:
FOX was amazing the first few years when they started covering NASCAR. I think what happened is they saw the decline in TV ratings and then they tried way too hard to cater to everyone instead of just primarily focusing on the hardcore fanbase. Digger is a perfect example of this. Now you see them constantly come up with gimmicky camera angles, "edgy" on-screen graphics, and corny catchphrases. It's as if they know they are 1 second away from drowning, so they figure why not just throw as much **** at a wall as possible and hope something sticks, rather than go back to their roots. Heh...sounds like NASCAR as a whole too.

Aside from DW's boogity and his love affair with a few drivers, the race broadcast team is pretty good most weeks. It's the VIEWING experience where they fail miserably. NBC (Nothing But Commercials) will be no better for TV viewers and listeners because their broadcast booth is awful. I really wish the ABC Indycar camera crew would cover NASCAR with Gordon, McReynolds, and Joy in the booth.

FOX, NBC. NBC, FOX. Matters not. Each will get it's fair share of abuse.

NASCAR simply isn't a great television sport. Watching the 'director's cut' version each week is tough. I wish I were rich and retired where I could enjoy this sport from a seat in the stands every week instead of being subjected to what they want to show me.

Watching racing on TV is like watching hockey,nothing matches being there in person.I did enjoy the view from Danica's helmet Sunday.As far as commercials go,with the money networks paid for NASCAR,I'm surprised we don't have more of them.

The only thing I like about NBC's coverage is their pre race theme, it's NBA on NBC quality. I've always been more of a Fox guy but this IMO year it just seemed off. Mike Joy felt like he mailed it in, DW is DW and Jeff didn't really progress from last year. Next year, NBC will be better once Bestwick takes over play by play and Jr reunites with Letarte in the booth. I kid, but for me thatd be best case scenario

The only thing I like about NBC's coverage is their pre race theme, it's NBA on NBC quality. I've always been more of a Fox guy but this IMO year it just seemed off. Mike Joy felt like he mailed it in, DW is DW and Jeff didn't really progress from last year. Next year, NBC will be better once Bestwick takes over play by play and Jr reunites with Letarte in the booth. I kid, but for me thatd be best case scenario

It seems that DW concentrates on outdoing Gordon's insight and contributions. DW should take Mikey's place and get someone new upstairs.

I actually LIKE gordon in the booth.
ESP this week when everyone knows he can wheel a roadcourse car.

boogity has left the building, Thank God!!
The fox monologue...
DW: Back in the day when I was so great we ran on wooden wheels and when I'd hit the S/F line the crew would tell me how far ahead <SNORK> I was...
JG, Would you please SHADDUP!!

Larry Mac, here's the Furd cutaway car and here's where the driver sits, that's the steering wheel and look at the pretty lights on the dash! DW, did you have them?
DW Nah, we'd wet a finger and stick it out the window to gauge pit road speed....;)

FOX, NBC. NBC, FOX. Matters not. Each will get it's fair share of abuse.

NASCAR simply isn't a great television sport. Watching the 'director's cut' version each week is tough. I wish I were rich and retired where I could enjoy this sport from a seat in the stands every week instead of being subjected to what they want to show me.
Thats because the TV broadcast is garbage. NASCAR is centered around speed & loud cars. The audio from the TV broadcast is focused on the announcers which makes the cars sound pathetic & every camera angle gives 0 sense of speed.

Thats because the TV broadcast is garbage. NASCAR is centered around speed & loud cars. The audio from the TV broadcast is focused on the announcers which makes the cars sound pathetic & every camera angle gives 0 sense of speed.
There's simply no adequate way to cover the sport out of the single view that's presented to us. While they're showing us a closeup of Driver X with a three second lead, four other cars may battling to get into the top 10. Maybe that's my guy or yours? We don't get to see that because the director thinks we want to watch a guy in clean air. The playing field in NASCAR is much too large to ever give us an at track perspective. That's what sucks about televised NASCAR. For me anyhow.

Larry Mac, here's the Furd cutaway car and here's where the driver sits, that's the steering wheel and look at the pretty lights on the dash! DW, did you have them?
DW Nah, we'd wet a finger and stick it out the window to gauge pit road speed....;)
LOL. OK, it's just another b!tch thread, same as last week and the week before that, but that right there is funny. Well done, sir.

The only thing I like about NBC's coverage is their pre race theme, it's NBA on NBC quality.
NBC Sports has always had great theme music. In addition to the NBA and NASCAR themes, some of those NFL on NBC themes from the 80's and 90's were great pieces of music, the current one is pretty good too (not the crappy Carrie Underwood intro, but the John Williams composed theme song).

NBC Sports has always had great theme music. In addition to the NBA and NASCAR themes, some of those NFL on NBC themes from the 80's and 90's were great pieces of music, the current one is pretty good too (not the crappy Carrie Underwood intro, but the John Williams composed theme song).
Crappy and Carrie Underwood do not belong in the same sentence. She could sing the Obits and I'd listen.

Back
Top Bottom