Second Playoff Round first 4 out.

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
The players

upload_2019-9-30_12-46-33.png

I'll lead off... I'll go with Blaney, Bowyer, Bowman and in a modest upset Kyle Larson. Byron makes it to the Round of 8.

24, 88, 42, 14

This round could really be ripe for an upset of one or two of the current top 8 not to advance. All it takes is to get caught up in a big one at Talladega to DNF some guys + if they're unusually mediocre at Dover or Kansas. I'm still picking the easy picks here in this round to get culled.

I'm going to say 12, 14, 42, and 88. I hate to put Alex in there, but I think the 88 team's inconsistency finally catches up with them. I hope I'm wrong. If not the 88, I'll say the 22. They seem to be a little off their game to me.

This round could really be ripe for an upset of one or two of the current top 8 not to advance. All it takes is to get caught up in a big one at Talladega to DNF some guys + if they're unusually mediocre at Dover or Kansas. I'm still picking the easy picks here in this round to get culled.
Chase has won at all three, and Bowman has finished second at all three. I think a non-playoff driver might win at Talladega, and one of those two guys will claim at least one race win in the other two races.

I love Talladega until the fall rolls around lol. Winning Dover like Chase did last year is a dream scenario for every one of these guys.

Do they not get to take the points that they get from being in the regular season top 10 with them to round 2? NASCAR America only had Brad and Chase at +19 when they should be +24 as of yesterday. Maybe 24 was just their playoff point total, not sure. Confusing.

Do they not get to take the points that they get from being in the regular season top 10 with them to round 2? NASCAR America only had Brad and Chase at +19 when they should be +24 as of yesterday. Maybe 24 was just their playoff point total, not sure. Confusing.

Brad & Chase have 24 playoff points, they are +19 ahead of 9th place (88 - Alex Bowman) who has 5 playoff points. So yes they get the regular season bonus in each round.

I can go with 12,14 and 88 but Have no idea who the 4th will be.
I'll say 42 Larson.

wow, most posters think the 24 will fail. I think Chad will be able to stay till the next round.

What sense of urgency do Truex, KB, Hamlin, Harvick have aside from a good top 5-top 10 day? :idunno:
Well there is still a trophy.. and the possibility of taking playoff points away from their competitors.

Plus I wouldnt bet on either of those drivers to perform when they absolutely have to.

Hopefully all the Hendrick cars...doesn't matter who the fourth one would be, provided it is not Harvick.

Standings if Blaney hadn't nosed Newman at the line:

Driver
Points Cutline
Kyle Larson WIN (Dover) ADVANCED
Denny Hamlin 3,114 +60
Martin Truex Jr. 3,106 +52
Kyle Busch 3,099 +45
Kevin Harvick 3,094 +40
Brad Keselowski 3,078 +24
Joey Logano 3,076 +22
Alex Bowman 3,058 +4
Chase Elliott 3,054 -4
Clint Bowyer 3,052 -6
Ryan Blaney 3,051 -7
William Byron 3,049 -9

Huge HUGE WIN for Blaney at the right time.

God Kansas would have been so good looking at those points. I'm terribly bummed that this round has gone the way it has for Chase, really felt like he could've won Martinsville or Phoenix.

Avg finish of all playoff drivers thru five races (halfway)

Kevin Harvick: 6.6
Martin Truex Jr.: 7.4
Denny Hamlin: 9.0
Brad Keselowski: 9.6
Chase Elliott: 12.8
Ryan Blaney: 13.2
Kyle Larson: 13.4
Clint Bowyer: 14.0
Alex Bowman: 14.2
Joey Logano: 15.0
William Byron: 16.6
Kyle Busch: 16.6

(eliminated drivers)

Aric Almirola: 12.8
Ryan Newman 14.8
Kurt Busch 22.8
Erik Jones: 32.6 (DQ'd after third place finish at Richmond.)

Interesting numbers so far. It's a good thing Kyle got those stage wins in March or he'd be in trouble.

Back
Top Bottom