See any good movies lately?

Discussion in 'Sports and Entertainment Center' started by AndyMarquisLive, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Mopardh9

Mopardh9 Guest

2. Stewart Fan

Stewart Fan Team Owner

My latest pick for future Oscar nominee.

3. AndyMarquisLive

AndyMarquisLive Short Track Fanatic

4. Reck

Reck Team Owner

Poor Greg Grumberg. Heroes ruined his career. lol

5. Stewart Fan

Stewart Fan Team Owner

[Amazing reck, post: 689856, member: 3098"]Poor Greg Grumberg. Heroes ruined his career. lol[/quote]

Amazing how fast you can go from the penthouse to the outhouse. First season of Heroes 18 million viewers. Second season on, an absolute disaster of a show.

Reck likes this.
  6. shark77

shark77 Grab'n them by the *****!

Saw Captain Phillips tonight, it was one of the better movies I've seen this year. The next one on my list is 12 Years a Slave, which is supposed to be very good. Anyone see it yet?

7. Benevolent One

Benevolent One Team Owner

My son and I just watched The Soloist the other night. We both liked it quite a bit. Both of us being musicians might have had a little to do with it, but I think it would be pretty good either way.

A Los Angeles journalist (Robert Downey, Jr.) befriends a homeless Juilliard-trained musician (Jamie Foxx), while looking for a new article for the paper.

8. BobbyFord

BobbyFord Resident Gearhead Contributor

Just saw a commercial for White House Down, on DVD. Ray Charles is the President? Seriously???
    WTF?

9. VaDirt

VaDirt Dirt Track Fanatic

I couldn't even bring myself to rent that, it just...looks...so...bad.

BobbyFord likes this.
  10. Reck

Reck Team Owner

I saw "There Wil Be Blood" a few days ago on Netflix.

I kept waiting for some good old action to happen but it never did. What a complete bore. 2:30+ hours of talking nonsense.

11. ToyYoda

ToyYoda Team Owner

Saw "Last Vegas" last night, I thought it was pretty damn funny. It was kind of like the AARP version of The Hangover. The four lead actors played off each other very well.

12. Johali

Johali Team Owner Contributor

World war Z was great.

VaDirt likes this.
  13. Johali

I watched the Croods yesterday and enjoyed it.

14. buckaroo

buckaroo Here kitty, kitty, kitty

Watched Bordertown again today to see JLo's nice butt.

15. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

Went back to the 90's and watched Seven with Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman. Pretty thrilling movie.

16. Stewart Fan

Stewart Fan Team Owner

Just watched Paranoia. Pretty dull movie but it had Amber Heard so that made up for it:)

17. Johali

Watched Hunger Games again, it was as good as the first time.

18. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

Shutter Island.

Last hour or so was a mindfuck.

Benevolent One likes this.
  19. AndyMarquisLive

AndyMarquisLive Short Track Fanatic

White House Down is actually really good.

20. ToyYoda

ToyYoda Team Owner

Saw Bad Grandpa a couple nights ago. It's probably not for everyone, but I'm a big fan of gross-out humor so I laughed through the whole thing.

21. VaDirt

Funny thing about Shuter Island. My wife, a built in spolier (she can figure these things really early on in movies) wrote down what she thought was going to happen just from the trailer (before we watched it). About half way through, she paused to movie to make some changes to what she wrote down. "Oh, changing your prediction?" I asked. "No, just adding to it", she said. And sunofabitch if she wasn't spot on. Great movie though.

FLRacingFan likes this.
  22. Stewart Fan

Stewart Fan Team Owner

Jennifer Lawrence is a special talent.

23. buckaroo

buckaroo Here kitty, kitty, kitty

Watched Paranoia this morning before football. Pretty good movie.

24. VaDirt

Just watched The Conjuring. More than sufficiently creepy, and pretty damn good.

25. breatheoflife

breatheoflife Team Owner

Yea, I watched that one last week. Bad choice since we are moving into a new home next week. :eek:

VaDirt likes this.
  26. Gordon_Fan24

Gordon_Fan24 Guest

Just saw this thread...go figure! lol

Anyway, like many of the movies from the summer that was mentioned in here. We have a drive in about a mile from our house, on summer weekends, they run two movies for the whopping price of 6 bucks a person! Needless to say, that is how we see most newer movies. This past summer we managed to get out there to see Grown Ups 2, White House Down, Monsters University, The Lone Ranger & Man of Steel.

For the most part, we enjoyed them all. We were "presently surprised" with White House Down, it is excellent!

Next weekend we are FINALLY gonna be able to go see the new Thor which we are excited about...

27. breatheoflife

breatheoflife Team Owner

Just checked out Catching Fire a couple days ago. I need to quit watching these movies until the whole damn series has been released.

28. TooSweet

TooSweet Guest

I saw Grown Ups 2 last week because the first one was halfway decent, but WOW, the second one is probably the worst movie I've ever seen in my life. I'm not even kidding, it was really that terrible.

Yesterday I watched this movie again for probably the 34th time...

[​IMG]

...still one of the best movies I've ever seen. I can't recommend it enough

29. VaDirt

And ya know what, I truly believe that, and I haven't even seen it. In fact, I don't think you could pay me to watch it.

AndyMarquisLive and TooSweet like this.
  30. ToyYoda

ToyYoda Team Owner

The first one was enough for me. If Grown Ups 2 is actually worse, that's saying a lot about its suckiness.

31. TooSweet

TooSweet Guest

You guys have to see it, seriously. You won't understand just how terrible it really is unless you actually watch it. It's almost unfathomable.

32. BobbyFord

o_O That's like saying, "Wow, this absolutely tastes like crap. Taste it."

VaDirt likes this.
  33. mike honcho

mike honcho Knuckleheads

I wouldn'y say it was terrible.I have seen alot worse.It's worth the $1 redbox rental

34. Stewart Fan

Stewart Fan Team Owner

Is Grown Ups the one that has the deer peeing in Adam Sandler's face? Classy film there.....

35. BobbyFord

I can't stand Adam Sandler.

Stewart Fan likes this.
  36. breatheoflife

breatheoflife Team Owner

2 Guns with Denzel Washington and Mark Wahlberg was pretty damn good.

37. Stewart Fan

Stewart Fan Team Owner

I enjoyed that movie. One thing was off though. They killed Denzel's girlfriend and he was upset for all of 30 seconds. At the end his character is laughing and joking around. He sure got over his loss fast.

38. breatheoflife

breatheoflife Team Owner

Way to ruin it for those that haven't seen it! Lol

**Spoiler below**

If a b*tch screwed me over like she did, I don't think it would take me long to get over it either.

39. Stewart Fan

Stewart Fan Team Owner

LOL Hey, the tag on this section says "may contain spoilers". Besides, the movie has been out for months. Not like it's something still in theaters.

40. breatheoflife

breatheoflife Team Owner

Lol...I know. Just bustin' your balls.