See any good movies lately?

The "Plane" movie is very good.

A plane during an international flight is heavily damaged during a storm and is forced to a do an emergency landing into an unknown location. There is lot more to the plot but I don't want to be a spoiler. But the remaining plot is very interesting and worth watching imo. I do not think you will be disappointed.

Watched 99 Homes on Netflix. Very powerful movie and one that should make viewers take notice of how the government gets fleeced by banks when they guarantee loans. Time for government to get out of the loan guarantee business and let the frigging banks and insurance companies sink or swim when things go south but they want it both ways.

Opens Christmas Day. Michael Mann has made some really great films, including some of my favorites like "Heat", "Manhunter" and "The Keep". I will probably wait till this one comes out in Blu-ray.

I just finished watching the 2017 movie "Ferrari: Race For Immortality" in preparation for watching the new Ferrari movie which isn't yet available for streaming. It was really a documentary instead of a drama but a very highly rated one. It wasn't really so much about Ferrari himself but more about a number of his drivers and the amount of pressure he put on them. It was very intense and the racing footage was brutal. It was very well done however and I thought it was 90 minutes well spent.

If you watch it, be prepared for some really brutal footage of wrecks on the track and into the stands. One wreck killed 80 people (including children) and injured 100 more.

It's hard to imagine that guys were willing to drive race cars (regardless of series) in those earlier years before there was the safety equipment available today. There were 39 race car drivers killed between 1950 and 1960 according to this movie. Ferrari's guys were driving these cars over 100 mph (over road courses) with open ****pits, no protection when they rolled, tiny helmuts with thin little face shields, no fire suits and apparently no seat belts. Indycars were much the same way then too of course.

It's on Amazon Prime for $.99, YouTube for a few dollars more and I think on VUDU and other streaming services as well. It's also on blu-ray and DVD.

Thanks for the heads up on this movie. If I heard of it before I've forgotten so will have to watch it.

The danger of days past is always amazing but at the time it was just accepted I guess. Not a direct comparison but think of the things you used to do on your bicycle in the 50's/60's without a care in the world. Any number of things could've gone wrong and you'd be hurt bad or killed.

Meh, I thought it was way too "Fast and Furious" in a lot of ways. Worth seeing once, but too corny for me.

Idk about corny but definitely not Ford vs Ferrari or Rush level, but also not Vin Diesel lol, good for one time watch, also not plural Turismos

Mr Jones is an excellent movie and should especially be a good for anyone with an interest in history.

Gareth Jones was a journalist and he reported on the 1930s famine in the USSR ( the Holodomor). It was a story the USSR wanted to conceal.

Pulitzer Prize-winning New York Times Moscow correspondent Walter Duranty is also one of the characters. He writing was pro USSR Stalinist etc.

I will not say anymore to prevent any spoilers. But this movie tells a story that should be told on many levels, as well as being an interesting movie.

Just watched The Holdovers. Very solid film. It's on Peacock so all of you who got Peacock for football should check it out.

I also watched Oppenheimer last week. I enjoyed the movie and found it very interesting. I started watching it at like 11 PM so that was a tactical error on my part. It's a long movie so I was almost dozing off towards the end.

I also watched Napoleon this weekend. I think I had too high of hopes. Some of the battle scenes were amazing. I just didn't love the portrayal of his and Josephines relationship. It's also really hard to tell Napoleon's story in 2.5 hours. You probably need at least another hour.

Finally watched Everything Everywhere All at Once

And yeah that wasn't everything. It was a cool idea. The story isn't very good. How did that win a bunch of Oscars? Very average.

The wife really liked it. I'd walk in and out of the room and saw parts of it. Looked discombobulated but guessing you had to watch all of it and pay attention.

Finally watched Everything Everywhere All at Once

And yeah that wasn't everything. It was a cool idea. The story isn't very good. How did that win a bunch of Oscars? Very average.

Just curious what you think the story is about.

To me, one of the great things about it is how people walk away from it with completely different takeaways.

A mother struggling to understand her daughter. I don't really see how it could be taken as much else. It's just an extremely wacky way to tell the story.

That was one of my takeaways.

Another is that nothing matters, but everything matters, and at the end of the day, repairing their relationship "saves the multiverse" because, for those characters, that is their entire universe.

Every time I watch it, there's something new I pick up on.

I just watched this one a couple days ago. Pretty good for any fans of WWII movies imo.

Watched T-34 yesterday. Great movie! Intense action throughout the movie and a good story. It's Russian made so there are subtitles but once you get used to that I didn't have a problem watching. I recommend this especially if you like tanks.

Thanks for suggesting this movie.

Killers of the Flower Moon … excellent film. Very long though. Close to 3.5 hours.
Watched this yesterday. Disturbing to think this story is true. 3 1/2 hrs is a long time to sit/watch a movie. Would have never done it at a theater. That being said, I was still riveted throughout.

Just watched “Tragedy Girls.” Geez!! Not sure how I didn’t know this movie existed. It’s good if it’s what you’re into, but it’s slightly uncomfortable when you think about it from a realistic stand point. Though it’s 7 years old, it can easily relate to social media these days and what people are willing to sacrifice to become Internet famous. Not sure it’s meant to be taken seriously or not, but I couldn’t help but to look at it that way.

Watched The Holdovers. I like Paul Giamatti so had to see this even though it's not really my type of movie but really enjoyed it. Different, but the story kept my interest because wasn't sure how it would work out in the end.

Watched RED again this past weekend. I am pretty sure it is my all time favorite movie for comedy, action and drama all in one package. I laugh my ass of when I watch it.
Liked Red 2 also, been watching alot of old movies recently, Cannonball Run, Smokey and the Bandit, Hooper and Stroker Ace.

Reactions: sdj
Just watched The Beekeeper with Jason Statham. Expose the corruption. Protect the hive.

Watched two complete different movies this weekend. Barbie and Oppenheimer.

My wife saw Barbie in the theatre and loved it and wanted to watch it again with me. It's entertaining in a fun, colorful way and I'm not going to pass up seeing Margot Robbie. Obviously not for everyone but I was okay with it.

Oppenheimer was too long. Very, very thankful I didn't see it in the theatre because the sounds were too loud and annoying at times I wasn't able to hear the talking. I assume it was for effect but it ruined scenes for me. Had to see it but all the hype was lost on me.

The title of this thread is "see any good movies" so I would say these were good; not great.

Oppenheimer was too long. Very, very thankful I didn't see it in the theatre because the sounds were too loud and annoying at times I wasn't able to hear the talking. I assume it was for effect but it ruined scenes for me. Had to see it but all the hype was lost on me.

The biggest drawback with Dolby Atmos, IMO. If you don't have a home theater that doesn't support it, it can sound pretty terrible.

I just an old 2003 movie "The Last Samurai". I have never been crazy about Tom Cruise but it is an excellent movie imo.

I just an old 2003 movie "The Last Samurai". I have never been crazy about Tom Cruise but it is an excellent movie imo.
47 Ronin is another one thats really good. It has Keanu Reeves in it, about a band of samurai and a ruthless shogun that dishonors their leader.

Back
Top Bottom