See any good movies lately?

Saw Late Night With the Devil over the weekend. It wasn’t particularly scary, but I thought it was well done and I enjoyed it.

I just watched "the Iron Curtain" a true story filmed in black and white in 1948.

It is about a Soviet spy team at the Canadian Embassy that stole nuclear secrets in 1945.

If you don't like history especially learning about the USSR and the Cold War, dont waste your time, you will be board by this oldie.

But if you like History this story filmed while Stalin was still alive is worth watching.

Just watched Dark Waters on Prime. About the Dupont case, and what they did to Parkersburg W Virginia and the world. They chose money over people's lives.The more I watched the more I'm became p*ssed. It all had to do with PFOA-C8. And to think they sponsored my guy in Nascar. SMDH!

Finally saw the Villeneuve Pironi movie on HBO. Know the story well but this documentary was very in depth with many interviews and much from Villeneuve's wife and kids. I still got a bit teary eyed when the crash that killed Villeneuve was shown. Amazing how it affected me after all these years. Such a tragic story of both of these guys.

Watched the new Beverly Hills Cop movie on Netflix.

Save yourself 2 hours and just go back and watch the first two.

Reactions: sdj
I went to see "Horizon: An American Saga chapter one"

I like the movie. It is three hours long, and a little patience is needed. But I think the character development is great. Without posting any spoilers, I will just say the movie does a great job of showing the tragedies and heartbreaking moments on the trails to the West.

Thankfully, it doesn't degenerate into the soap opera tripe that Yellowstone has become. Some people have criticized the multiple storylines, but it worked for me and never seemed rushed. It simply shows a common story through many different eyes.

My wife didn't like it as much. I think it was the three-hour length that affected her opinion.
But I am planning in watching all four chapters as they are released.

Reactions: sdj
Watched "Abigail" the other day, mainly due to Melissa Barrera being in it. Vampires have never really been my thing, but I still enjoyed it for what it was.

I watched "where the crawdads sing" this past weekend. I haven't read the book so I can't compare the two, but the movie is great imo.

Daisy Edgar Jones is adorable and really perfects the girl next door idea imo.
She plays the lead role in such an incredibly great but understated way. The story is great as well.

Back
Top Bottom