See any good movies lately?

Redbox went the way of Blockbuster here. Netflix put a hurting on them I guess. Why leave the comfort of your home when hitting the clicker gets your movie. And at 8 bucks a month and I don't believe there's a limit how many you can view it's a good deal.

Redbox went the way of Blockbuster here. Netflix put a hurting on them I guess. Why leave the comfort of your home when hitting the clicker gets your movie. And at 8 bucks a month and I don't believe there's a limit how many you can view it's a good deal.

Not in my opinion. And Redbox is still going strong around here and I hope it stay's that way.

Only because there were several locations that I used to see them at and now they're no longer there led me to believe they're not around here any longer. Got to admit I/we never used them with On-Demand and Netflix so not really looking for them either. Cost?

$1.29 for DVD and $1.61 for Blu-Ray disc from rental time until 9PM the next day. They have all of the latest releases and It's convenient for me.

We watched Rush last night, it was better than I expected.
I really enjoyed Rush. To be honest, I was skeptical after seeing the first trailer, that made it look more like it was going to be some corny romance. But no, really well done.

Redbox is my friend.

I see Verizon FIOS is advertising you get a number of Redbox credits for signing up for their cable/internet service. I'm guessing that Verizon has bought into Redbox? Next time it runs I'll pay closer attention. Wondering if Redbox going on line like Netflix, or like the On-Demand feature Cox has?

Redbox has also been online for awhile now. They have both options.

We watched Escape Plan and it was pretty good. I like the good guy's win action movies.

Saving Mr Banks 8/10 - Tom Hanks, Emma Thompson.
The touching story of P.L. Travers, the woman who wrote the book Marry Poppins, and Walt Disney as they worked together to make the movie version of Mary Poppins.

Be prepared to fight back some tears at the end of this movie.

have recently watched for the first time:

Battleship-great movie for what it was
Pacific Rim-rocked
Cars 2006-loved it. DW belongs in a cartoon
12 years a slave-powerful
Enders Game-wonderfully complex
Captain Phillips:Tom hanks was superb

300: Rise of an Empire.

I went back to get my money but they said, too bad.

I just watched Paranormal Activity The Marked Ones. Nothing happens for the first half of the film but it has a few good scares at the end. Just don't watch it expecting some great dialogue or character development. Watch it(and the other movies in the franchise) for what they are.

World war Z. good movie for what it was.....but totally diff than book

sharknado-2-poster.jpg

Saw White House Down, even though it was part of a Starz free preview weekend, I still felt ripped off. The plot was laughable, the acting was bad despite having several big name actors, and there was a lot of gratuitous blowing up of stuff for no good reason. 2 hours and 15 minutes I'll never get back.

Saw White House Down, even though it was part of a Starz free preview weekend, I still felt ripped off. The plot was laughable, the acting was bad despite having several big name actors, and there was a lot of gratuitous blowing up of stuff for no good reason. 2 hours and 15 minutes I'll never get back.
I saw that on my Starz free preview weekend and I had heard enough bad reviews that I figured it was best to just avoid it. I was really disappointed in the overall selection on Starz for the weekend. I think I actually recorded like 4 movies the entire time and I'm only really looking forward to watching one of them, Looper. Other than that, my daughter recorded one she wanted to see and I recorded a comedy that looks like it might be ok and an older movie that I'm pretty sure I saw years ago just because it has a younger Alyssa Milano in it. It's from like 1997.

Went to see Noah over the weekend. If you're looking for biblical accuracy this movie's not for you. It was played more as an action flick, and I thought it was pretty entertaining.

Just saw American Hustle and The Wolf of Wall Street. In my opinion American Hustle was not what it was all touted to be. The Wolf of Wall Street was very entertaining even though both movies were supposed to based from true stories I would have to say Wolf of Wall Street was the most entertaining of the two. Leo's character in Wolf of Wall Street reminds me of what the IRS did to my dad in the late 70s to put him out of business as well.

But Amy Adams did look amazing in American Hustle her and Jennifer Lawrence.

Looking forward to seeing "Draft Day", which is about a Cleveland Browns draft. I'm also looking forward to the sequel, "Draft Day 2", which is about the 4-12 season that follows. ;)

The Counselor came in the mail yesterday. Listed as a thriller. About as thrilling as watching grass grow. Couldn't even finish it, because I just did not care.

Had The Hunger Games movies on in the background while working. Learned something since I wasn't paying attention: Apparently Jennifer Lawrence :wub: isn't the only person in those movies. Who knew. Heh.

Not that she would, but she could come home with me anytime. Sorry, I let my imagination run away there for a second. :wub:

Last edited:
Mr. Nobody

Thought it was an overall good movie. Got real funky at the end but good.

On Netflix now.

Back
Top Bottom