Short Track iRacing Challenge 4/6 - 4/8

I think Kligerman can still get in and he'd better as he ran well. Dale jr and Matt D are already a lock, even if neither of them win "today" since we all know they'll get a provisional. If that happens, I think there is still one provisional left.

Preece had the strategy from the drop of the green. Probably the most competitive race yet.

I knew Synder was done when he took off. This one will be a little better I think, they have a gauge on what they can do. They need to get off the bottom a little and save that right front. Run the center for about 25. After that you got what you got.

Surprised they went with Briscoe as a provisional thought it might be Hill ot DiBenedetto

Good time -- efficient, quick and no messes to clean up.

Really, the weather is even different from race to race? It's so real, minus the real life rain that seems to be an issue quite often.

This race is a joke. They threw a BS caution and sent Byron and Kligerman to the back of the pack for being too good at iRacing. That's the actual reason they gave.

Byron is dismantling the field -- after putting himself in the back.

If they want us to watch then they need to stop treating it like a toy instead of a simulator. Throwing a phantom caution was silly. If they don’t like the difference in skill level then group them by that.
If they had more cars it would be a little more realistic.

Yeah watching this felt more like a chore then fun

The hype (loud announcing) and interruption was disturbing. Too much jack-assery for my tastes.

So, NBC and Fox are pretty much just running a Romper Room with a NASCAR theme for geek shut-ins and desperate fans (like me)... :)

Hmm, I would have thought Byron or Klingerman.
Those 2 were running away with it so they threw a caution and sent them to the back Byron drove back up to 2nd

damn, I really have a problem with that whole Gerbil organization. I don't think any of them in power know what a race is, they are to busy looking at dials and polls and when the viewership started falling off they pulled this sheet. Bunch of no nuts weasels. I think this is a good case in point to see first hand how the media's influence unchecked can screw up just about anything. I hope they gave Byron a participation trophy.

Those 2 were running away with it so they threw a caution and sent them to the back Byron drove back up to 2nd
funny,after that i heard one of the drivers say ,hey this is just like real nascar

Byron and Klingerman are like the iRacing versions of Petty, Sr, Johnson, Gordon etc. It is up to the rest to either catch up or quit IMO. Fixing the races is B.S. This is a weird deal anyway with an invitational only format, but those two are probably the best or darn close to it.. I hear there are some civilians out there than can whop ass in the Sim world. Eh, it's a band aid until real races begin, but no need to be fixing races.

If they continue to fix races I’m out. I’ll watch the Sprint cars unless they start doing the same thing. Sometimes the powers that be just don’t get it.

Will Axalta dump Byron for intentionally losing a race after dominating?

It would be interesting if this iRace was NASCAR sanctioned under their Gaming umbrella. The way goofy Letarte was interfering with the Drivers was cringey even by his standards.

Anyway, probably gonna need a cool name for Byron taking a dive -- to make protesting it easier. Like signs in a mob, something easy to flash at others to provoke a response.

Bubba's "rage-quit" just rolled off the tongue.

Last edited:
It would be interesting if this iRace was NASCAR sanctioned under their Gaming umbrella. The way goofy Letarte was interfering with the Drivers was cringey even by his standards.

Anyway, probably gonna need a cool name for Byron taking a dive -- to make protesting it easier. Like signs in a mob, something easy to flash at others to provoke a response.

Bubba's "rage-quit" just rolled off the tongue.
Bubba really didnt even rage quit. He got wrecked by Bowyer and basically said “peace out” and shut down. It’s a video game. The overreaction by some fans is unwarranted.

What he did it the exact definition of rage quit but I agree that it was blown way out of proportion. Other drivers did it too and nothing happened to them.

Back
Top Bottom