Should MWR be banned from NASCAR?

Ban MWR?

• No

Votes: 50 82.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 11 18.0%

• Total voters
Wish they would ban multicar teams but there are to many corporate strutures, jobs etc. to consider such a move.
But they could create some race day barriers, teams with the same owner should not be able to communicate with one another during a race.
They should be segrated or have some distance between their pit stalls and garage areas as well on raceday. They already get the advantages of synergy during the week, they shouldn't be allowed have it on race day, it should a race against 42 other cars not 3 against 40, or 4 against 39.

If your teammate losses the draft at Talladega or Daytona and you drop back to rescue him you both should get the black flag. Especially during the Daytona duels if somebody in your organization is in jeopardy of not making the field. You shouldn't be allowed to let a teammate lead a lap so he get a bonus point either.

Nascar has enough telemetry to audit things as well and they should use it anytime something looks suspicious. It shouldn't just be about something effecting something as big as the chase, it should be considered serious in any case.

If Mikey was a bank robber he would be they guy who wore makeup to look like a black guy but forgot about his hands and didn't wear gloves.

He probably wants to be a cool cheater to be able to tell stories with the old guys (who actually got away with stuff) but isn't bright enough. Heck he isn't even bright enough to hire good cheaters. I mean how hard would it have been to set up a code with a key word that isn't obvious.

Nah he would be the guy that robbed the store with total cover. But as he leaves the store police notice he is wearing a letter jacket with name on the back. Lol

What MWR did at Richmond was completely disrespectful to NASCAR, it's fans and everybody involved in the sport past and present. Do I think the penalties were enough, no! But they sent a loud and clear message this wouldn't be tolerated and MWR forced them to do so. I feel there season should've ended but not banned for life. MW should never do another telecast until he comes clean as to why and how this happened. This wasn't planned in the last 10 laps at Richmond.
it was crime. if the right people got involved they could go to jail.

Should they be banned from NASCAR? No.
I like the amount of the fine. I feel the point penalty should have been more severe.
Like Dave Despain said, the point penalty should have been so great that even if Clint led every lap and won all ten Chase races, he'd still finish no better than 12th.

In what state? Check the Virginia criminal code. § 18.2 422 and 423 (only statutes relating to match fixing):

Whoever gives, promises or offers any valuable thing to any professional or amateur participant or prospective participant in any game, contest or sport, with intent to influence him to lose or try to lose or cause to be lost or to limit his or his team's margin of victory in any professional or amateur game, contest or sport in which such participant is taking part or expects to take part, or has any duty or connection therewith, shall be guilty of a Class 5 felony.

A professional or amateur participant or prospective participant in any game, contest or sport or a manager, coach or trainer of any team or individual participant or prospective participant in any such game, contest or sport, who solicits or accepts any valuable thing to influence him to lose or try to lose or cause to be lost or to limit his or his team's margin of victory in any game, contest or sport in which he is taking part, or expects to take part, or has any duty or connection therewith, shall be guilty of a Class 5 felony.

Bowyer and Vickers and Norris would say they were trying to help their "team" (Truex) win a spot in the chase and the case would get thrown out. Besides, the law seems to hinge on the transaction of money. Of course there was a transaction of money, Bowyer and Vickers are employees of MWR. Besides, the application of the word "game" and "team" - the law was written for ball-and-stick sports, not auto racing. MWR's lawyers would fill the jury with non-NASCAR fans who could care less and get the case thrown out in a week. Criminal charges against MWR wouldn't stick.

In what state? Check the Virginia criminal code. § 18.2 422 and 423 (only statutes relating to match fixing):

Bowyer and Vickers and Norris would say they were trying to help their "team" (Truex) win a spot in the chase and the case would get thrown out. Besides, the law seems to hinge on the transaction of money. Of course there was a transaction of money, Bowyer and Vickers are employees of MWR. Besides, the application of the word "game" and "team" - the law was written for ball-and-stick sports, not auto racing. MWR's lawyers would fill the jury with non-NASCAR fans who could care less and get the case thrown out in a week. Criminal charges against MWR wouldn't stick.
But if big dollar sponsors got involved that were cheated out of the chase things mite work different .

Nascar has been affliicted by MWs personality for years, a far from greater offense than what transpired at Richmond.

If there is one consolation to all of this, it is that just maybe he destroyed any chance of ever getting in the Nascar HoF. Some may laugh at the thought but give him a mic and he is the biggest lackey but kissing yes man Nascar has ever had. Nascar loves the type and they have a little tolerance for those who will not promote them. They probably eventually would have worked him in as one the best brown nosers that has ever serviced them.

Knocking Gordon out and costing Truax a potential shot at the chase, is a small price to pay in exchange for the loss of credibility.

Nascar has been affliicted by MWs personality for years, a far from greater offense than what transpired at Richmond.

If there is one consolation to all of this, it is that just maybe he destroyed any chance of ever getting in the Nascar HoF. Some may laugh at the thought but give him a mic and he is the biggest lackey but kissing yes man Nascar has ever had. Nascar loves the type and they have a little tolerance for those who will not promote them. They probably eventually would have worked him in as one the best brown nosers that has ever serviced them.

Knocking Gordon out and costing Truax a potential shot at the chase, is a small price to pay in exchange for the loss of credibility.

mikey ?? ----in a country where american idol/survivors/etc is highest rated shows on tv.......doubt he's goin anywhere.
fox could send him-n-kenny packin........would please me.....but doubtful. we'll see.

Michael Waltrip on his culpability in wrong doings over the years.

Illegal fuel additive: I know nothing and my daughters know I'm not a cheater
Wrecking his vehicle drunk, fleeing the scene and hiding out for two days to sober up and do damage control so he got away with it: I know nothing and my daughters know I'm not a criminal.
Stealing sway bars from Roush Racing garage area: I know nothing and my daughters know I'm not a thief.
Reducing the thickness of the spoiler on a truck so it would lay back and winning Daytona: I know nothing and my daughters know I'm not a cheater
Causing the biggest corruption scandal in Nascar history, Richmond Spingate: I know nothing about it and my daughters know I'm not a cheater

http://blogs.courant.com/autoracing/2008/03/and-the-oscar-for-best-actor-g.html

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2007/0...team-part-in-nascar-daytona-500-fuel-scandal/

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/04/11/michael-waltrip-rolls-suv-is-charged-with-leaving-scene-of-acci/

http://hamptonroads.com/2011/02/nas...ltrips-truck-team-if-changes-needed-Talladega

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/sha...eo-waltrip-speaks-vickers-in-car-audio-091013

Consensus: Well make up your own mind you know what I and others think of him.

The only difference that I really see in what the MWR organization did and what has been going on for as far back as I can remember in this sport is that they actually spelled it out over the radio what their intentions were. Anyone that's been watching this sport as a long time fan can certainly remember teams fielding cars in races to help their driver win the championship or letting other lead laps for bonus points. Happens/happened all the time. We'll probably see teammates work together over the next ten for the championship.

The only difference that I really see in what the MWR organization did and what has been going on for as far back as I can remember in this sport is that they actually spelled it out over the radio what their intentions were. Anyone that's been watching this sport as a long time fan can certainly remember teams fielding cars in races to help their driver win the championship or letting other lead laps for bonus points. Happens/happened all the time. We'll probably see teammates work together over the next ten for the championship.
You can can count on it.;)

Ouch, lets see if something comes from this:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...02093a-1aef-11e3-80ac-96205cacb45a_story.html

Michael Waltrip Racing sponsors reviewing partnerships after Chase controversy

By Associated Press, Updated: Wednesday, September 11, 9:33 AM
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Two of Michael Waltrip Racing’s sponsors are reviewing their relationships with the race team following the organization’s attempt to manipulate the finish at Richmond.

NAPA Auto Parts posted on its Facebook page Wednesday it is disappointed a partner would make “such a significant error in judgment.” NAPA is the sponsor for Martin Truex Jr., who was kicked out of the Chase for the Sprint Car championship when NASCAR sanctioned MWR for its actions in Saturday night’s race.

NAPA says it has launched a review of its future partnership with MWR.

Also, Clint Bowyer sponsor 5-Hour Energy tweeted it is reviewing its sponsorship relations internally.

NASCAR penalized MWR for attempting to manipulate the finish to get Truex into the 12-driver Chase field. Truex was replaced in the Chase by Ryan Newman.

You can't be serious

I'll tell you what a crime is, when you bribe executives of a motor corporation to gain preferential treatment and large amounts of inventory unfairly. Then after you've been convicted and sentenced, make a massive donation to the President's personal library and viola a full Presidential pardon. That of course was perpetrated by the beloved Rick Hendrick himself, a true criminal in every sense of the word.

Guess you have your answer Sloggie . Over 80% against . Surprised ?

You can't be serious

I'll tell you what a crime is, when you bribe executives of a motor corporation to gain preferential treatment and large amounts of inventory unfairly. Then after you've been convicted and sentenced, make a massive donation to the President's personal library and viola a full Presidential pardon. That of course was perpetrated by the beloved Rick Hendrick himself, a true criminal in every sense of the word.
Very well put

You can't be serious

Moonshining was/is a crime too, so the beloved Rick Hendrick is in good company at nascar.

Moonshining was/is a crime too, so the beloved Rick Hendrick is in good company at nascar.
Don't know of any moonshiners who would bribe doctors to help him fake having Leukemia to avoid prison... the guy is a scumbag

Ehh I wouldnt mind seeing a till the end of the season ban except for the fact that it would effect EVERYONE on the team, not just the guilty parties (Bowyer, Vickers' spotter, and Waltrip).

funny coming from a fan of one of the biggest cheating teams.
Pushing the limits=/=cheating.

And can I make a confession (at risk of being outcast by the other Jimmie fans)?

When I was 8 years old I decided to root for JJ. There was 0 logic behind it (because well I was 8). If I were to pick a new driver now, it would certainly not be Jimmie.

My thoughts, man I dunno. There's been cheating & foulness in NASCAR since the series started I mean how do you think Petty Enterprises was sooo dominant during the 60's & 70's. I agree that they oughta institute a "Death Penalty" for a repeated offender same way a driver can be axed for continued drug violations, an owner should get the same for his teams infractions. Michael Waltrip always seems like he's clueless when his team gets caught doing something wrong, just like back in 07 or 08 whenever that was at Daytona. I mean i'm glad NASCAR finally put their foot down but was it enough, what happens the next time MWR doe's something wrong? The way they tried to control the outcome of the Richmond race was outrageous, something that one could do in a videogame but not in real life. I like Truex, he's been one of my favorites since his Chance 2 days but man if MWR doe's one more thing wrong, especially if it's on the level of this past weekend, then I think the only move left is a lengthy suspension, maybe half a season or something. Years ago Junior Johnson's team committed an infraction that was found either at the pre or post race car inspection, not sure when but I do remember that he & I think also Tim Brewer maybe was suspended were suspended for 12 races. I think they also had to change the car number during that stretch to like 97 or something & Junior's wife Flossie was at the track running the show. They made a valiant comeback landing Bill Elliott in 1992 & almost winning the championship. Maybe MWR needs some time away from the track to reflect on honesty in competition, we're not a bunch of moonshiners racing on dirt anymore...

You keep bringing this Rick Hendrick hate to the max up every chance you get, did you get fired from HMS?
Nope, just don't think fellons should avoid serving time for their crimes cause they have millions to buy people off... I scratch my head when I meet working class race fans who stick up for him.. It almost as bad as the fools in Boston who think Aaron Henandez is innocent of murder because they're Patriot fans.

Nope, just don't think fellons should avoid serving time for their crimes cause they have millions to buy people off... I scratch my head when I meet working class race fans who stick up for him.. It almost as bad as the fools in Boston who think Aaron Henandez is innocent of murder because they're Patriot fans.
Almost as bad? hell he bribed honda people for jap cars that people paid three prices for the P.O.S.

Almost as bad? hell he bribed honda people for jap cars that people paid three prices for the P.O.S.
I'm not comparing the crimes, I comparing the fans who are blinded by their team loyalty. Just because he owns your favorite driver's team, its okay that he gets away with fraud, bribery and faking cancer?

Back
Top Bottom