Should MWR be banned from NASCAR?

Ban MWR?

• No

Votes: 50 82.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 11 18.0%

• Total voters
You can't be serious

I'll tell you what a crime is, when you bribe executives of a motor corporation to gain preferential treatment and large amounts of inventory unfairly. Then after you've been convicted and sentenced, make a massive donation to the President's personal library and viola a full Presidential pardon. That of course was perpetrated by the beloved Rick Hendrick himself, a true criminal in every sense of the word.

There ya go, dude....and meanwhile, people whine about a spin.

Smells like a lot of hypocrisy around this sport to me.

I'm not comparing the crimes, I comparing the fans who are blinded by their team loyalty. Just because he owns your favorite driver's team, its okay that he gets away with fraud, bribery and faking cancer?

Apparently in THIS sport you can....crazy ain't it? Backstabbing deals are what created a certain current 'super team'. Where's the petition from all these arm chair moralists to remove the REAL and verifiable crook from this sport?

Don't know of any moonshiners who would bribe doctors to help him fake having Leukemia to avoid prison... the guy is a scumbag

How do you know he was faking leukemia? Are you a doctor in your spare time from being the nascar morals monitor?

I'm not comparing the crimes, I comparing the fans who are blinded by their team loyalty. Just because he owns your favorite driver's team, its okay that he gets away with fraud, bribery and faking cancer?

There you go with the 'faking cancer ' thing again. Where did you get that from ? Is there any evidence? Please provide a link so we can look it up . If you're joking ,say so.

You, In My Opinion are too vehement about an ancient non issue to be just a disgruntled fan so the possibilities are endless, if you can speculate about Rick Hendrick I can speculate about you, fired from HMS for being an a**hole- fired from HMS for drug abuse- Fired from HMS for stealing- tried to scam HMS and got Busted- a failed driver that was turned down by HMS, It's kinda fun so I could keep guessing forever but here is the real story about Rick Hendrick.

There were 22 separate dealership owners around the country charged, found guilty and punished.
In 1997, Hendrick pled guilty to mail fraud.[5] In the 1980s, Honda automobiles were in high demand and Honda executives allegedly solicited bribes from dealers for larger product disbursements. Hendrick admitted to giving hundreds of thousands of dollars, BMW automobiles, and houses to American Honda Motor Company executives.[6] Hendrick was sentenced in December 1997 to a $250,000 fine, 12 months home confinement (instead of prison, due to his leukemia), three years probation, and to have no involvement with Hendrick Automotive Group (which was run by Jim Perkins) or Hendrick Motorsports (run by his brother John) during his year of confinement. In December 2000, Hendrick received a full pardon from President Bill Clinton.

And your so called cancer scam.
Hendrick was diagnosed in November 1996 with chronic myelogenous leukemia, a rare form of the disease that, according to many medical experts, claims up to 95 percent of its victims.
But doctors prescribed a course of two injections of cancer-fighting drugs a day for nearly 1,100 days. The injections were halted earlier this month and doctors conducted a series of tests. With almost all of the reports back, Limentani said he was confident in pronouncing the disease to be in full remission.

Read this.
http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-400_162-142768.html

You left out an important part regarding Hendrick's pardon, however. Maybe unintentionally.

The Clinton library scam pardon's are suspect to say the least. Google it...it doesn't cast a very good light on Hendrick either.

You left out an important part regarding Hendrick's pardon, however. Maybe unintentionally.

The Clinton library scam pardon's are suspect to say the least. Google it...it doesn't cast a very good light on Hendrick either.
Hearsay.

Yeah, very suspect hearsay, but technically accurate response.

"In 1997, Hendrick pled guilty to mail fraud."

Long story short, Rick Hendrick is a felon, Clint Bowyer and Mike Waltrip aren't. No speculation whatsoever on that point.

When speaking of crimes on here, Hendrick's name belongs at the top of the list..it's on topic.

I certainly can't speculate on Mr. Hendrick's health issues nor is it my place to do so, but as far as the criminal stuff is concerned, I think the point that people are trying to make is that some of the Gordon-backers are trying to paint Michael Waltrip as some sort of a criminal, when their driver's car owner is, in fact, a convicted felon.

So in effect, a Hendrick fan calling Michael Waltrip a criminal is kinda like if John Goodman told Nicole Richie that she needs to drop a few pounds.

Long story short, Rick Hendrick is a felon, Clint Bowyer and Mike Waltrip aren't. No speculation whatsoever on that point.

When speaking of crimes on here, Hendrick's name belongs at the top of the list..it's on topic.

The topic is "Should MWR be banned from NASCAR?" not "Lets find a reason to slam Rick Hendrick."

I certainly can't speculate on Mr. Hendrick's health issues nor is it my place to do so, but as far as the criminal stuff is concerned, I think the point that people are trying to make is that some of the Gordon-backers are trying to paint Michael Waltrip as some sort of a criminal, when their driver's car owner is, in fact, a convicted felon.

So in effect, a Hendrick fan calling Michael Waltrip a criminal is kinda like if John Goodman told Nicole Richie that she needs to drop a few pounds.

Post of the day, dude, lol

There ya go, dude....and meanwhile, people whine about a spin.

Smells like a lot of hypocrisy around this sport to me.
what happened to the Japanese businessman who accepted the bribe? nothin. the panic stricken American public created the demand, paying three prices for an "economy" vehicle. Uncle Sugar was ok with it after they got their money. Nobody forced anybody to pay three prices for the things, they were on "waiting lists" to get one of them. Hendrick ended up being the fall guy after the panic subsided. I guarantee he wasn't the only one doing it. My x's dad got her one in Oklahoma by pulling strings$$.

I think that was a joke.

NO. We'd have nobody left in this sport if we banned everyone that's ever cheated. He got caught and is paying the price.
This is just so ridiculous....back in the old days everyone cheated a lot worse than this. This is child stuff compared to what Junior Johnson, Smokey, the Pettys, and all the old guard used to do back in the day. Banning MWR, come on ...get real!

Say what you will, but since the presidential pardon, Rick and Linda Hendrick have raised millions of $$$$$$$ in several charitable organizations. Heres a clip from the AARP website...

“But here are some other numbers that help fill out their accomplishments: since launching Drive to End Hunger in 2011, Rick Hendrick and Jeff Gordon have helped provide almost 7 million meals to help nearly 9 million older Americans who face the threat of hunger every day.

If you're going to ban MWR for the Richmond incident and it's changing the outcome of the race you'll have to ban Nascar too. How many times in the closing laps of a race have we seen a phantom debris caution occur?

I have never, ever, ever, ever, ever heard one nice thing about Michael Waltrip from anyone I've ever spoken to in the garage. Ever. Not even a neutral opinion. I can't help but think he might be one of the worst people on earth.

Having said that...if you think his team should be thrown out of NASCAR, you're insane...

I have asked you twice about the 'faking cancer ' comment , and since you won't reply , I have to assume that your are making it up . If you would lie about that , then the rest of what you have to say isn't worth much.

Hello Hendrick support staff.. please help me understand why you care about the guy who funds your driver's race team so much?? Hendrick would never give you a ride in his Limo or Learjet, he would never allow you into his Country Club, you will never be invited to his $10,000 a plate political dinners, aside from u buying T-shirts and diecasts your just another dimwitted, hillbilly in his eyes.. I can't prove that he got cancer shortly after getting busted for fraud and that it amazingly went into remission shortly after he bribed Roger Clinton but it's not hard to believe someone with such poor character would spend the money to avoid prison. I just can't understand why you allow your driver loyalty cloud you judgment on what is fair.. If it's any of us convicted of the same crimes, we're locked up but because he 's wealthy you think he should get away with it? You can still root for your favorite driver without allowing him to dupe you

Seems like you care more about Rick Hendrick than any of the HMS fans here.

Hello Hendrick support staff.. please help me understand why you care about the guy who funds your driver's race team so much?? Hendrick would never give you a ride in his Limo or Learjet, he would never allow you into his Country Club, you will never be invited to his $10,000 a plate political dinners, aside from u buying T-shirts and diecasts your just another dimwitted, hillbilly in his eyes.. I can't prove that he got cancer shortly after getting busted for fraud and that it amazingly went into remission shortly after he bribed Roger Clinton but it's not hard to believe someone with such poor character would spend the money to avoid prison. I just can't understand why you allow your driver loyalty cloud you judgment on what is fair.. If it's any of us convicted of the same crimes, we're locked up but because he 's wealthy you think he should get away with it? You can still root for your favorite driver without allowing him to dupe you

I was right .

Hello sidewipe, why do you hate him so much as to keep making stuff up about him, and your not very good at it. :cool:

Here ya go.

Toyota not commenting on MWR penalties: Toyota has elected not to release a statement regarding the recent NASCAR sanctions against Michael Waltrip Racing stemming from what NASCAR vice president Robin Pemberton characterized as an attempt "to manipulate the outcome of the race" at Richmond International Raceway on Saturday night. On Thursday, Ed Laukes, vice president for marketing communications and motorsports with Toyota Auto Sales, said the manufacturer's "focus was on the three drivers remaining in the Chase"  #20-Matt Kenseth, #18-Kyle Busch and #15-Clint Bowyer.

More at Jayski's, http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm#20130912h

I have never, ever, ever, ever, ever heard one nice thing about Michael Waltrip from anyone I've ever spoken to in the garage. Ever. Not even a neutral opinion. I can't help but think he might be one of the worst people on earth.

Having said that...if you think his team should be thrown out of NASCAR, you're insane...

I heard he hangs out at Red Rocks in Huntersville and gets hammered while yelling at the TV. lol

DW and Mike both seem like douches. Atleast they don't take themselves seriously..

As far as banning this team.. The dumbest suggestion I've heard on the whole subject. That's how you kill a sport.

Hello sidewipe, why do you hate him so much as to keep making stuff up about him, and your not very good at it. :cool:

Why do these kids think this is a great place to come and tell lies . Why don't they just go out in the playground and smoke dope with the other kids ? Are they anti social?

Great retorts.. you really helped me understand why you sympathize with a feloneous multi-millionaire..

The worst part about the whole sordid perverted heinous low rent no class move of the year that has violated and scarred us, was that it was pulled off by MWR, is that the head villian is played by a guy named "Mikey".

Could you see Mikey in a Clint Eastwood unforgiven role at the Big Whiskey playing the badass? The bad guys need to be incorrigibly bent on doing their bad deeds. Mikey is just tragically incorrigibly tackey.

It would have been better if he had said nothing this week and showed up with a Stone Cold silent "hell no I aint sorry" stair down for the masses. When you throw principles to the side at least be accomplished enough to play the part, like someone who really is ruthless. It would be great for our threads and writing material.

Nascar needs the genuine assholes to make matters a little more fun, Mikey just isnt up to the task.

The worst part about the whole sordid perverted heinous low rent no class move of the year that has violated and scarred us, was that it was pulled off by MWR, is that the head villian is played by a guy named "Mikey".

Could you see Mikey in a Clint Eastwood unforgiven role at the Big Whiskey playing the badass? The bad guys need to be incorrigibly bent on doing their bad deeds. Mikey is just tragically incorrigibly tackey.

It would have been better if he had said nothing this week and showed up with a Stone Cold silent "hell no I aint sorry" stair down for the masses. When you throw principles to the side at least be accomplished enough to play the part, like someone who really is ruthless. It would be great for our threads and writing material.

Nascar needs the genuine assholes to make matters a little more fun, Mikey just isnt up to the task.

that role was taken.......last month.....gene haas ! ha!

Mikey goes goofy when he is called out. I thought he was desperate when he was at Daytona driving junk, about broke, but this time he is insulated by Ty as the scapegoat. So I gave him the first one and was glad he got a partner and all that. but with this newest one, I got to go back to the first one and look at that differently. Don't think I will believe much of what he says from now on. Penske is too big for Nascar to touch, part stockholder in the franchise, so the Joey is in the chase. don't think the will have good luck, I believe in Karma for both racing teams.

Oh, I get it now. You just hate rich people.

whatever ya do don't tell him Penske could buy and sell Hendrick...he might be a heaven forbid Penske fan.

whatever ya do don't tell him Penske could buy and sell Hendrick...he might be a heaven forbid Penske fan.

If Penske was a scumbag, he'd be on my zhit list too! Same with Gibbs, Childress, Roush, etc.. and no Kevin, I don't hate rich people

Back
Top Bottom