Showdown Race Thread

Actually, the whole John Wise thing is supported by NASCAR fans. There is a subreddit devoted to NASCAR. You can see it here.

That is just part of the conspiracy. They just posted all that other racing stuff to make it look real.

Probably some kid in Eastern Europe is posting everything. If he can do 86,000 votes, he can multitaxes the other stuff too. He probably hates God, Danica, and America.

http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cu...launches-josh-wise-into-sprint-fan-vote-hunt/

With fan voting for the 2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup All-Star Race nearing the end, a list including the names of the ten drivers with the most votes has been released. It was no surprise to see drivers such as Danica Patrick, Clint Bowyer, Ryan Newman, Austin Dillon, and Kyle Larson; but there was one name inside the top ten that no one saw coming - Josh Wise.

Josh has made 79 starts at the Sprint Cup level, with 19th being his best result thus far. He drives for Phil Parsons Racing, a back-marker that start and parked on a regular basis before 2014. So why has Josh suddenly become one of the front-runners for this year's Sprint Fan Vote? The answer is Dogecoin.

Here's the back story - A 16-year-old fan started a campaign on Reddit to sponsor Josh at Talladega, raising $55,000 worth of Dogecoins (it's a cryptocurrency ... Google it). Dogecoin and Reddit were featured on his No. 98 car at Talladega and after running inside the top five for part of the event, he avoided the late-race carnage and snagged a top twenty finish (just the second time Wise has accomplished such a feat).

Now the Dogecoin community is at it again. They have embarked on a crusade to get Wise and the Dogecoin car into NASCAR's All-Star Race, via the fan vote. Danica Patrick is believed to have it all locked up for the second consecutive year, but we shouldn't underestimate the group rallying behind Josh Wise. There are people voting around the clock for Josh, a lot of which aren't even NASCAR fans. Yes, that's right. There are people that have never watched a single race, yet, they are dedicating hours of their days to vote for Josh Wise.

Click to See Josh Wise/Dogecoin Fan Art

Each racer has their fan bases backing them obviously. Well Josh Wise has his fans, plus the entire Dogecoin community and some other Reddit users. He and Phil Parsons Racing have embraced the support and are having a lot of fun with their new fans. They even replaced their pit road sign with the up-vote symbol used on Reddit.

Click to See New Pit Road Sign

A supporter went and made a three minute YouTube video, in hopes of encouraging others to vote for Josh Wise. It has 11,000 hits over a four day period. In comparison, a video posted by Go Daddy asking people to vote for Danica Patrick has just 4,600 views after six days.
It's a David vs. Goliath story ... or rather, 'The Shibes' vs. 'Danica Mania.' If their efforts somehow allow Josh to overhaul Danica Patrick and win the Sprint Fan Vote, it will be a tremendous upset and would bring new meaning to the term, 'underdog.'

http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cu...launches-josh-wise-into-sprint-fan-vote-hunt/

With fan voting for the 2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup All-Star Race nearing the end, a list including the names of the ten drivers with the most votes has been released. It was no surprise to see drivers such as Danica Patrick, Clint Bowyer, Ryan Newman, Austin Dillon, and Kyle Larson; but there was one name inside the top ten that no one saw coming - Josh Wise.

Josh has made 79 starts at the Sprint Cup level, with 19th being his best result thus far. He drives for Phil Parsons Racing, a back-marker that start and parked on a regular basis before 2014. So why has Josh suddenly become one of the front-runners for this year's Sprint Fan Vote? The answer is Dogecoin.

Here's the back story - A 16-year-old fan started a campaign on Reddit to sponsor Josh at Talladega, raising $55,000 worth of Dogecoins (it's a cryptocurrency ... Google it). Dogecoin and Reddit were featured on his No. 98 car at Talladega and after running inside the top five for part of the event, he avoided the late-race carnage and snagged a top twenty finish (just the second time Wise has accomplished such a feat).

Now the Dogecoin community is at it again. They have embarked on a crusade to get Wise and the Dogecoin car into NASCAR's All-Star Race, via the fan vote. Danica Patrick is believed to have it all locked up for the second consecutive year, but we shouldn't underestimate the group rallying behind Josh Wise. There are people voting around the clock for Josh, a lot of which aren't even NASCAR fans. Yes, that's right. There are people that have never watched a single race, yet, they are dedicating hours of their days to vote for Josh Wise.

Click to See Josh Wise/Dogecoin Fan Art

Each racer has their fan bases backing them obviously. Well Josh Wise has his fans, plus the entire Dogecoin community and some other Reddit users. He and Phil Parsons Racing have embraced the support and are having a lot of fun with their new fans. They even replaced their pit road sign with the up-vote symbol used on Reddit.

Click to See New Pit Road Sign

A supporter went and made a three minute YouTube video, in hopes of encouraging others to vote for Josh Wise. It has 11,000 hits over a four day period. In comparison, a video posted by Go Daddy asking people to vote for Danica Patrick has just 4,600 views after six days.
It's a David vs. Goliath story ... or rather, 'The Shibes' vs. 'Danica Mania.' If their efforts somehow allow Josh to overhaul Danica Patrick and win the Sprint Fan Vote, it will be a tremendous upset and would bring new meaning to the term, 'underdog.'

Neat. You gotta love it.

Couldn't do it, man. I couldn't drive a hybrid. I have oil in my veins.
I need to do this every now and again...

Speaking of oil, I havent had to add oil into the thing in the 2 years that I've driven it :D

Well I guess it's cool that NASCAR is picking up fans through this reddit thing. I guess my initial problem with this was unfounded.

Money is made to be spent. Enjoy yourself and spend it while you can because when you die you don't get to take any of it with you.

Reddit has 110 million users and it's truly and amazing community. I joined a couple of years ago and I spend more time on there than on all other websites combined. If you aren't on Reddit you truly are missing out on some awesomeness. There is something there for literally everyone.

Maybe she should go faster. Just saying'...

Well to be fair, she is racing against stiff competition. I mean it's not like she has such a fragile ego that she goes to Trucks and Nationwide and race against them just to win like Kyl.....Oh...hehe...nevermind.

Well to be fair, she is racing against stiff competition. I mean it's not like she has such a fragile ego that she goes to Trucks and Nationwide and race against them just to win like Kyl.....Oh...hehe...nevermind.

Lol she wasn't good enough to win in trucks and nationwide, check her stats :rolleyes:

Reddit has 110 million users and it's truly and amazing community. I joined a couple of years ago and I spend more time on there than on all other websites combined. If you aren't on Reddit you truly are missing out on some awesomeness. There is something there for literally everyone.
my roommates spend countless hours on reddit. I'm yet to join but I do browse sometimes & I actually used reddit to find a PDF file of my textbooks instead of getting ripped off... Again.

B. France never envisioned people that aren't even race fans getting in on the fan vote. Rule change coming. One fan, one vote. I think this falls under unintended consequences of knee jerk rule changes.

Back
Top Bottom