SHR Takes A Big Hit

Chase gets a different set of rules right?

Same rules apply to everyone. But like I said earlier, we can't just paint everything with such a broad brush. You can flick someone's shin or you could punch their throat. Technically they are both assault, but let's use our brains here. Context matters. But yeah, let's point to the rulebook and say it's all equal. :rolleyes:

That's the Joey Logano line of thinking. Instead of an eye for an eye, it's an eye for a heart. You run me high against the wall, I'll punt you out of the way and ruin your day. And don't even think about getting me back because I'll just repay the favor twice as hard....again. :wacko:

But I'll get back to the topic of BS penalties.....such as Byron tapping Hamlin under caution, causing a harmless spin, and he is penalized? All because Byron didn't insult anyone's intelligence by lying about it afterwards, he was man enough to admit it was intentional. How about NASCAR starts judging intent again like they used to? Why did he get penalized for stating the obvious?

And let's consider the alternative....Byron retaliates under race conditions and wrecks Hamlin at speed. Then we have a torn up race car, potentially an injury....but no penalty since it was under green. Yeah, that makes all the sense in the world.

NASCAR wants to be the only one to affect the outcome of a race.

Which would be fine, if they actually knew what they were doing and applied logic and consistency to each individual situation. Go watch the '95 Bristol night race, for example. Dale Earnhardt and Bobby Hamilton both got black flagged for rough driving. Doesn't matter if it was intentional or not; they spun someone, and NASCAR thought they deserved a penalty for it. Not after the race either.

I just don't get why people keep bringing up the Chase/Harv incident? Low hanging fruit for the Elliott haters? That Bristol deal is a flick on the shin compared to the Denny/Ross throat punch at Gateway.

Use good judgment at the appropriate time, and nothing else matters. That shouldn't be too much to ask.

I understand that you love to hear your gums flap for anything Elliott. It used to be the same for Gordo. But according to the rules that Nascar has about the 100% rule Elliott, Hamlin, Jones, and now Custer have all TO SOME DEGREE been guilty of violating the 100% rule. Personally I could care less except for the fact that Nascar should maybe watch their races so they know that not too long ago Don't pass him Jones happened, an almost identical situation for position during their chase experiment. Using the 100% rule brings into play many other incidents where drivers haven't tried 100% to improve their positions and instead have impeded others from doing so. It's a mess.

God nascar is such a joke. At Bristol they had the 23 and 22 literally park to help keep teammates in the playoffs. At talladega you had the #11 talking about helping teammates out the whole race and lifting to give them stage points.

Apparently this is somehow different?.......

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

The crew chief is not the sharpest tool in the box, he set himself up ...
“The data was pretty telling,” NASCAR senior vice president of competition Scott Miller said, “and then when we got to the audio and had the crew chief telling the driver that ‘I think you’ve got a flat, checkup, checkup, checkup’ when he couldn’t even see the car or have any idea whatsoever that the car might have a flat, obviously pretty telling as to what went on there"

The crew chief is not the sharpest tool in the box, he set himself up ...
“The data was pretty telling,” NASCAR senior vice president of competition Scott Miller said, “and then when we got to the audio and had the crew chief telling the driver that ‘I think you’ve got a flat, checkup, checkup, checkup’ when he couldn’t even see the car or have any idea whatsoever that the car might have a flat, obviously pretty telling as to what went on there"

End thread…

This may well be nothing more than typical Tony bluster, but I have wondered ever since he quit driving if Tony wouldn't slowly extricate himself from NASCAR, especially now with marriage and his new NHRA involvement. NASCAR team ownership always seemed like a strange bedfellow for Tony to me, even when he was the driver, and it seems even stranger now, and with all of his other diversions, does he even have the time to pay attention or make a meaningful contribution to the team?

This may well be nothing more than typical Tony bluster, but I have wondered ever since he quit driving if Tony wouldn't slowly extricate himself from NASCAR, especially now with marriage and his new NHRA involvement. NASCAR team ownership always seemed like a strange bedfellow for Tony to me, even when he was the driver, and it seems even stranger now, and with all of his other diversions, does he even have the time to pay attention or make a meaningful contribution to the team?
Ignoring the hard assets of SHR, Mr. Stewart is co-owner of 4 NASCAR charters with a current market value north of $48 Million.

He’s not going anywhere imo.

Ignoring the hard assets of SHR, Mr. Stewart is co-owner of 4 NASCAR charters with a current market value north of $48 Million.

He’s not going anywhere imo.
Gene could certainly afford to buy him out, and Tony could certainly put some of that money to work elsewhere. The other thing we don't really know is how much of that "$48 million" is actually carried on Tony's books. Co-owner can be a very open ended phrase. One of my employer's subsidiaries had a co-owner. For years we all assumed that it was a major equity position, and nobody, including that person led us to believe anything different. After the guy died, I found out his share was basically 10%.

I’m not privy to the ownership structure at SHR and neither are you, irrelevant personal experience notwithstanding.

My point is simply that there is a great deal of value involved in the charters, land, buildings, tools and equipment, transport vehicles, race car inventory, contracted Human Resources, sponsorship agreements and on and on.

Yes, Gene Haas could take him out, you’re correct. I don’t think that’s likely to happen.

I‘m glad nascar stepped in and did something in this case. If Custer doesn’t check up I don’t believe Briscoe makes it through that section clean there’s a good chance he gets pushed off or spins and ends up having to battle Cindric for that last playoff spot.
If nascar was serious about putting a end to these team shenanigans they would discipline both cars involved the car that caused it and the car that benefited from it.
I’m not a fan of nascar getting involved in driver conflicts like Byron and Hamlin deal. happens

I’m not privy to the ownership structure at SHR and neither are you, irrelevant personal experience notwithstanding.

My point is simply that there is a great deal of value involved in the charters, land, buildings, tools and equipment, transport vehicles, race car inventory, contracted Human Resources, sponsorship agreements and on and on.

Yes, Gene Haas could take him out, you’re correct. I don’t think that’s likely to happen.
Well, my point was that people seem to assume that Tony owns like 50%, and we don't know that at all. The fact that SHR IS worth a lot of money might be precisely why Tony would think about cashing out, and it's entirely possible that Tony has an escape clause in his ownership deal. Just a hunch, but I would guess that it would take more than just being a good investment to keep Tony somewhere if he didn't want to be there.

Rodney still posting from home.

Rodney Childers should STFU. The #4 team got away scot-free with the most egregious example of manipulating the playoffs in the history of the playoffs... wrecking the field on a restart at Talladega 2015.

NASCAR wants to be the only one to affect the outcome of a race.
R.4b3293a7e71508c2aeb0497474f16047

But I'll get back to the topic of BS penalties.....such as Byron tapping Hamlin under caution, causing a harmless spin, and he is penalized? All because Byron didn't insult anyone's intelligence by lying about it afterwards, he was man enough to admit it was intentional. How about NASCAR starts judging intent again like they used to? Why did he get penalized for stating the obvious?

And let's consider the alternative....Byron retaliates under race conditions and wrecks Hamlin at speed. Then we have a torn up race car, potentially an injury....but no penalty since it was under green. Yeah, that makes all the sense in the world.
He cost Hamlin the win....and then you are suggesting that we should thank the punk for spinning Denny under caution? Come on man.

Scott Miller said they saw the issue from the tower on the backstretch. But they missed Willy's spin of Hamlin on the front stretch at Texas? Good God.

No. But he should be given an extra spot the way they did Gordon with the Bowyer/MWR monkey business.
I expected it, but apparently the Ex Con was out of cash.

Chase at Bristol last year wasn't doing it to benefit Larson, he was doing it to harm harvick. That's different from what happened at the roval. Chase getting in harvicks way is no different than Hamlin getting in chastains way.
BS, Chase even said after the race it was so Harvick wouldn't win and Larson could. Manipulation of a race.

Hate seeing SHR be the one to take the fall here but hopefully this puts an end to the collusion bs. Sadly the silly playoff format only encourages this type of stuff, I long for the return of the old chase for the cup

Back
Top Bottom