SHR will be back

JJ_14

Go Briscoe!
Remember when Hendrick had a rough spell from 2018-2019? It got to the point where they considered downsizing. It was that bad. But they didn't give up, & it paid off in 2020 when Chase Elliott came out of nowhere & won the title.

That year, they committed to a suspended Kyle Larson & in his first year with Hendrick, he had a historic season, culminating in another championship.

My point is, every good team in NASCAR goes through a rough spell. The SHR struggles remind me a lot of Hendrick during those years.

What I really like about SHR is their driver line-up for next year. I think the sky is the limit for this team. Chase Briscoe, Ryan Preece, Josh Berry & Aric Almirola make for a very formidable line-up. Will they ever be as good as Hendrick? That is yet to be seen, but the talent is there.

What I really like about SHR is their driver line-up for next year. I think the sky is the limit for this team. Chase Briscoe, Ryan Preece, Josh Berry & Aric Almirola make for a very formidable line-up. Will they ever be as good as Hendrick? That is yet to be seen, but the talent is there.
Not sure if your being serious here. Harvick is the only thing going for SHR right now. Briscoe is 31st in points (lol), Preece is 24th and Almirola is 25th. Berry is an okay addition, but he's underperformed in Xfinity this year.

Their next shot at a long term stud driver is Zane Smith, who I suspect will be in the #10 next year.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Clearly something is wayyyy off. Well beyond any struggles that are in the Ford camp. They will be back but it is going to take time and investment.

The team is so off they rarely get a single car in the top 15. Preece was top dog last week at Watkins Glen. P17. Harvick has an average finish of 14th the rest of the team's average finish is sub-20. It's comically bad at this point

To me a big difference between SHR and HMS is, Mr. H, felon or what ever you want to call him, HMS is totally focused on Cup racing with JG heading up the teams. SHR is into F1, dirt racing, heavy into Sprint car Racing, TOP Fuel and Alcohol Drag Racing, SRX racing . You may come back and say, but but what about Larson to the Indy 500, well that is a Hendrick Cars decision and promotes Hendicks business partners on a large additional format.

My point is Tony Stuart has way too many Irons in the fire, he is good at what he does, I just think the CUP side is suffering from his absence. JMHO.

Not sure if your being serious here. Harvick is the only thing going for SHR right now. Briscoe is 31st in points (lol), Preece is 24th and Almirola is 25th. Berry is an okay addition, but he's underperformed in Xfinity this year.

Their next shot at a long term stud driver is Zane Smith, who I suspect will be in the #10 next year.
I truly believe they have the talent. Ford as a whole had been struggling as of late, & RFK came out of nowhere, won two races in a row & got both of their cars into the playoffs. I don't know exactly what is going wrong with SHR, but they have the resources to turn it around. If RFK did it, so can SHR, in my opinion.

I do wish Stewart was more invested into the team, but him being focused on other things shouldn't be an excuse. He's not the one driving those cars. Preece is in his first year with SHR, it takes time to get accustomed to a new team. Preece, Berry & Briscoe have the talent, it's all about getting better with the setups.

The owners current interests are not in nascar right now. That's never a good thing for a team. Next year is going to be tough without harvick around. Berry has some potential but the rest are garbage. Almirola needs to retire already.

I truly believe they have the talent. Ford as a whole had been struggling as of late, & RFK came out of nowhere, won two races in a row & got both of their cars into the playoffs. I don't know exactly what is going wrong with SHR, but they have the resources to turn it around. If RFK did it, so can SHR, in my opinion.

I do wish Stewart was more invested into the team, but him being focused on other things shouldn't be an excuse. He's not the one driving those cars. Preece is in his first year with SHR, it takes time to get accustomed to a new team. Preece, Berry & Briscoe have the talent, it's all about getting better with the setups.
Good luck with that driver lineup, I bet you have a different opinion 12 months from now.
Getting better with setups? They've run about 65 races with this new car, how much longer do they need to figure it out?

Shr will be back....with Hendrick motors under the hood come 2025 for sure. They are clearly out to lunch.
Well lets hope NOT. After the way HMS got treated the first time around, if I Were Rick I wouldn't wizz on their shop building if it was on fire. If they want something from Chevy, let them get it from RCR/ECR.

I’m not at all sold it on that lineup. But I guess time will tell. My prediction is that just one of their drivers will make the chase next year, but it’ll only be because of a win. They aren’t going to be consistent enough to points their way in.

Everybody talks about how off SHR is which I agree with, nobody is talking about how bad Penske sucks this year either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can’t rate them too highly at all. They have one of the top seven Fords in points, and the driver of that entry is out the door at the end of the year. They have organizational issues. I don’t think the Mustang is overall as good as the Camry or Camaro, but RFK have made decent enough use of it this season. The 2024 body won’t be a silver bullet.

Almirola is being held hostage and has taken several steps back, Preece hasn’t been much better than Custer, if at all, and Briscoe has vanished after a decent sophomore season. Berry will have growing pains next year, probably as will Zane or whoever drives the 10 if/when Aric finally retires. Even then I still couldn’t rate their lineup better than third of the Ford teams, and that would probably be debatable with FRM (Gilliland is improving and McDowell has broken out). It’s going to be rough for a while.

Well lets hope NOT. After the way HMS got treated the first time around, if I Were Rick I wouldn't wizz on their shop building if it was on fire. If they want something from Chevy, let them get it from RCR/ECR.
With the way ECR has performed this year, I don't think it would be a bad thing for SHR to partner with them. ECR has come a long ways since their struggles from a few years ago.

Now if the Denny Hamlin to SHR for a year thing that DBC threw out there today happened I'd reconsider.

Now if the Denny Hamlin to SHR for a year thing that DBC threw out there today happened I'd reconsider.

SHR badly needs veteran leadership. Dennis driving the #10 car wouldn't be the worst thing for SHR. I question whether or not it would benefit Dennis though.

If Dennis went to the #10, would have the team have to change its name to 23X Racing?

Like I said, I question whether or not it would help Dennis. The only reason he would leave is that he sees what KFB did at RCR and thinks he could do the same elsewhere.
I think he is to invested with his 23X team and TRD to walk away from all of that, he has more to lose than Kyle Busch had to lose.

I think he is to invested with his 23X team and TRD to walk away from all of that, he has more to lose than Kyle Busch had to lose.
Exactly.

Hamlin will be driving for the 23X1 manufacturer. To speculate otherwise makes no dollars and sense. 😎

Preacher got Truex to sign for another year, that took the heat off so Hamlin could be expendable. Not having a contract signed around the same time as Truex was signed up is a red flag for me. The jury is out IMO if he switches to another OEM. It would have to be a really sweet deal I would think. The new car does make it easier to do that FWIW.

Remember when Hendrick had a rough spell from 2018-2019? It got to the point where they considered downsizing. It was that bad. But they didn't give up, & it paid off in 2020 when Chase Elliott came out of nowhere & won the title.

That year, they committed to a suspended Kyle Larson & in his first year with Hendrick, he had a historic season, culminating in another championship.

My point is, every good team in NASCAR goes through a rough spell. The SHR struggles remind me a lot of Hendrick during those years.

I still believe in Briscoe, they had success last year in the 14 with some wins and a playoff run, their awful season thus far has been a head scratcher. Berry is getting a shot and we’ll see what happens with that. The rest of it is less than inspiring. Almirola has been retired on track for the better part of a year, and the other one, Preece hasnt done much to garner my confidence. Like someone said above, good luck with that driver line up, unless they somehow pull both Hamlin and maybe Zane Smith in the 10/41…I don’t see share the optimism.

Neither Stewart not Gene Haas are at the racetrack with any regularity. I more compare this to Roush when Jack stopped coming to the track. It wasn't until Keselowski bought into the team they started to turn things around, because Brad is there every week even if he is still racing. Custer is calling the shots at SHR and he's been making some poor decision.

It could be the partnership is souring, that is pretty common and those two have been at it for quite awhile. Whatever, it's possible Ford is looking to add to their ranks. Having to like Hamlin driving a Ford? That's a tough pill to swallow if that happens.

-Doubt Denny ever leaves JGR until his "twilight" years perhaps. Between 23XI and spending his entire career at JGR he's Toyota's golden boy and rightfully so, IMO. He's going to be a team owner for decades after he stops driving, Toyota would like that team to keep being Toyota. TRD will do whatever to make sure Denny stays at JGR.

-Briscoe, Preece, and Almirola are all one in the same at SHR. Arguing over who's the best/worst is just semantics. Average finishes of 20.5, 21.8, and 22.4. With Harvick and Almirola leaving why add more unknowns to your team by getting rid of Preece and Briscoe? I think they stay for a few years and become looked at as veterans to lead the team.

SHR needs the Bowtie.

Why, so they can be bottom rung in the Chevy team's pecking order and barely get any scraps? There's a reason LMC is leaving Chevy for Toyota in 2024.

FWIW, I don't care if Hamlin ever gets into another cup car, he is such an ass. JMHO

I'd have to agree with this. He races other drivers dirty, doors a few of them for the win, but gods forbid if anyone drives him dirty, then you'll hear all about it on the post-race interview and on his podcast.

As for SHR's struggles. I don't know if this is specifically a SHR thing, a Ford thing, or if the Ford Camp just haven't figured out the NextGen cars yet.

Why, so they can be bottom rung in the Chevy team's pecking order and barely get any scraps? There's a reason LMC is leaving Chevy for Toyota in 2024.
LMC ie Petty has been on the bottom rung of GM or Ford for years. Maury and I guess Jimmie bailed him out of millions of debt and they haven't done nothing but build
junk every since.
The yotas put out the word that they were looking for another Toyota team and this is all they could get that would take the bait. On top of that they cut the mother ships throat (JGR) and gave both 23 tennis shoe and LMC the ability to deal direct with TRD, cutting JGR's markup gig he had going. This ain't no picnic move IMO. It's all about control and money.

Right as I create this thread, rumors start swirling around that SHR could be selling TWO charters in the future. NASCAR is a business & these guys want to make as much money as possible. For selfish reasons, I hope they stay a four-car operation. I like rooting for SHR, Stewart was my favorite driver growing up. I don't think downsizing is the answer to their problems though.

Back
Top Bottom